Thursday, November 21, 2013

"TREE"-MENDOUS FuN with FaMiLy & FRiEnDs!

"As long as you're having fun and you are doing what you want to do, who cares what everyone else has to say?"
-Author Unknown

"Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life."
-Albert Einstein

"Best friends aren't the ones who make you feel the best, it's the ones who bring out the best in you."
-Author Unknown

This is a FUN -FILLED FAMILY gathering here yesterday
for coffee, cookies and visits by our TREE!
Here with cousins Gwen, and Dawn...
Auntie Betty and my sister-in-law, Arleen.

Cousins Dawn and Gwen extending their visits in the kitchen!

My cousin Dawn bonding with my doggie, shuffle
in her little snowman sweater!

A FUN-filled lunch/shopping outing with my good buddy, Brenda,
last Friday at a restaurant, called Two Gun Quiche, followed by a trip to
 Garden Architecture to see their beautiful trees and a fun shop at Winners!

A FUN FAMILY gathering at Gerry's Food Emporium on Saturday
where cousins and family got together over a fun supper outing!

Here Mariah and her little friend, Drew, and Beau enjoyed little dilly bars for dessert,
and also loved watching my cousin, John's daughter, Elaine drawing cartoons!

Sunday following our traditional breakfast outing to Fuddrucker's...
my nephew, Brad and his Wife, Janelle along with my Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn
stopped by for a FUN afternoon visit and sharing of photos!

Monday we met my nephew, Jeff for a little starbucks... and later that day
the Christmas tree decorating began!

Getting ready for the TREE-MENDOUS FUN to begin!

Six boxes of TREE-MENDOUS ornaments for the TREE!

And after an afternoon of TREE-LIGHTFUL FUN...
here is the completed TREE!

One of the TREE-MENDOUS Traditions here at Christmas time
is the making of Nuts & Bolts while putting up the TREE...
this is actually our second batch already this season!!!

Tuesday I made it to add some winter decor to the BSOBAD Dance Studio
bulletin boards and get up a ballet exam theme for the exams taking place there
yesterday and today... I still do the themes there as I am considered the
"Studio Social Director!"

Yesterday after a fun filled visit with the relatives at home...
we met with friends, Ella and Vern...
for a coffee followed by a little supper outing at Montana's!


Hard to believe nearly a week has past since my last blog post!... Time really does fly when you are having fun!!!

This past week has been filled with lots of FUN with family and friends and of course the annual putting up of our Christmas Tree and all the fun that involves!!!

My Tree did present a few issues once again... with burnt out lights, etc... but once I added two extra strings of lights all was bright and merry in my world!

My dear Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn have been visiting Saskatoon from their home of Chicago, since they arrived last Friday evening. I always say this... but it is fun how it takes the out of town relatives to connect the in-town ones! This trip was no exception to that rule... we saw lots of each other this past week over visits, coffees and suppers... and lots of fun all round.

As well I did make it to 2 gym classes this week, and to the dance studio to update some studio bulletin boards as well as connecting with some of our good friends for coffees and meal outings.

I even watched some football on TV... in addition to the many shows I tape and watch on TV... my social life is full it seems... but it is good to continue to be busy. Being busy is what gives us purpose to keep on keepin' on!

This weekend will be another fun filled weekend of more of the same...when more relatives come for a visit from Vancouver this time.

My sister-in-law, Gail, and my niece, Emily will arrive here on Saturday for a few days of early Christmas celebrations.
I look forward to connecting with more of the in-town relatives as well while they are in town.

Yesterday was my brother, Bob's birthday so I sent some nuts and bolts home for him with his wife Arleen!
I knew he would enjoy them even though they also make those as a tradition in their house hold, too!

Later today Mariah will come and hang out here with her grammie D for a little dance practising session again, as we did last thursday. I love it when I can share some one on one time with her... she is such a little sweetheart
to have around.

This weekend... all eyes will be on the Grey Cup Football Game to take place in Regina... I know our TV will be tuned into that event. Go Riders!

37 years ago on Grey Cup weekend... Brian and I were married... so I couldn't tell you much about the Grey Cup game from that season!!!!
Next Wednesday we will be celebrating 37 years of Wedded Bliss... where did that time go... well may I say once again...
"Time flies when you are having FUN!"

On that note... here is my
TREE-MENDOUS poem effort for the day!

My friends and family make my life feel great,
Doing things with them gives cause to celebrate!
Whether visiting... and/or dining out,
It helps to fill my days with fun, without a doubt.
Putting up the tree each year, makes my heart feel bright,
From every little ornament... to each twinkling light!
I feel blessed when I review my life from day to day,
Yep... I am sure lucky... in every single way!

2 comments:

  1. Aw.. another fun - and this week, festive blog!! Enjoyed it - I know I say it often, but you are one busy lady! Don't know how you do it!! All good stuff. To know you is to love you! Keep writing and looking up! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ethel/Arlene... Your comments always mean a lot to me!
      I am grateful for readers like you... thanks my sweet friend! :)

      Delete