Monday, April 6, 2015

"EGG"-STRA FUN FOR EVERY "BUNNY"!

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."
-Jimmy Johnson

"Today was good. Today was fun. tomorrow is another one. "
-Dr. Seuss

"Smile it is the key that fits everybody's heart."
-Anthony D'Angelo

Last week I was getting into my Easter spirit and taking
some fun photos with Shuffle and me in the Bunny Ears!

It seems my family isn't as interested as I am to get on the bunny ears,
I had a little EGG-stra fun putting out the Easter table, too!

It was fun to look back on my grandkid's first Easters…
both of them sitting with the big Easter Chick!

Good Friday we had Jana, Nels and Beau along with friend Vern for a big
Easter Turkey supper. Mariah missed that night as she was at a fun sleepover.
Beau and I coloured eggs after supper, too…
and we had some EGG-STRA fun doing that!

I packaged up a pail for the grandkids with lots of chocolate treats.
Below are the EGGS Beau and I did together… complete with crazy hair!

Saturday night the kids were over to get their Easter Treats from us,
I managed to get a quick photo of the two of them with their
Easter pails and crafted cards!

Easter Sunday morning EVERY-BUNNY was having fun at our traditional
breakfast at Fuddruckers… I think every bunny had EGGS, too!

More Easter Bunny fun…
Brian , Shuffle and Me on Easter morning.
My adorable GREAT NEICE, JORJA, sitting by her bunny
on her 4 month old birthday…
(they will continue to snap photos of her by that bunny
each month for her first year to show her growth!)
The beautiful flowers at Trinity Manor when we went there for
supper last night with my mother-in-law Blanche.

A beautiful appreciation day…
My friend Brenda treated some of the co-ordinators from her SPRING STARS
competition last week… to a delicious lunch and the gift of a giving key…
Mine says BELIEVE on it… each one has a different word and can be passed on
when someone needs it more… but I know I will be keeping mine for a while!
THANKS BRENDA… so thoughtful and generous.

SPRINGING from one DANCE FESTIVAL to ANOTHER!
Here are the many faces of my grandkids in the car on route
to and from the North Battleford Dance festival this morning.
They had many faces along the way,
but I think EVERY BUNNY had FUN!

Even though this is a blurry photo… it is a very fond memory
and significant one at this time.
This is my dad, Roy, and my father-in-law, Greg…
years ago sharing some spirit at our house.
Neither of these fine men are with us any longer ,
but they are both coming up to birthdays…
APRIL 8th would have been my dad's 89th Birthday,
and his 15th one in Heaven.
APRIL 18th, my father-in-law would have turned 90… and will be
celebrating his first birthday in Heaven this year.
I am so hoping the dads can share their birthday cakes in
HEAVEN together this year.
We miss them dearly but they both live on in our hearts.



Another Easter has come and gone… and seemed to have gone by quicker this year for some reason, but EVERY BUNNY did have a chance for some EGG-STRA
fun none the less.


We celebrated with a turkey supper with all the trimmings on Good Friday here and then shared a nice meal with my mother-in-law, Blanche, on Easter Sunday at her home.
Both were tasty meals and great celebrations.



We also had my nephew, Alec, who recently moved to the city from Vancouver, over for a meal last week as he could not join us for Easter. My sister-in-law, Bev also stopped by that night, too… but I did not get any photos!
We did enjoy the visit, none the less.


I was treated for a lovely lunch outing with friend Brenda, and the committee co-ordinators of her SPRING STARS DANCE FESTIVAL at a great restaurant in the city called LEYDA'S. She bought us all a giving key as well… her festival raised 30,000.00 to support cancer treatments here in the province. What a wonderful dance festival it was.
I felt I was happy helping with that festival, but am grateful for Brenda's thoughtful and generous gesture, as well.


I also had friends, Ella and Cathy for a nice coffee visit this past week… but once again no photos were snapped! I feel I have the best friends and I feel so fortunate I have time to share quality time with them.


I also made it to the gym last week a few times as well… which I hope will balance out all the chocolate I ate over Easter. One of our gym instructors, PEG, also brought Easter treats to share with her GOODLIFE gym class on
Good Friday, too.


Today was the start of the North Battleford Dance Festival… one I once attended as a dance teacher and a mom to Jana…and now the traditions continue as my grand daughter Mariah danced in a large jazz group this morning there. I was a proud grandma. The trip was very early as her session began at 8 AM… so up early and off to get there and ready to perform very early… with the family in tow!
She danced her heart out to her jazz piece called
"CHA CHA HEELS " …
(kind of appropriate seeing as her mom has gone from dancing to selling shoes! )


Tomorrow she will return to North Battleford for her Hip hop group and will go again on Wednesday for her Ballet group.
So lots of trips back and forth…and later this season she will compete in a competition here in the city called
"The Performer". I was so hoping I had got a photo of her in her adorable costume today… but things were very rushed…
maybe tomorrow will be easier as her performance is in the evening instead of the morning!


I was home by early afternoon and was able to share a coffee visit with my good friend Ella this afternoon at her house, before getting on my blog post of the week.


Tonight I look forward to my favourite night of TV… "DWTS" and "The Voice"… and by then I will be ready to hop into bed… as it was a very early morning today!!!
WE were up EGG-STRA early but
I think EVERY BUNNY had fun.


So as mentioned above... this Wednesday I will be blowing kisses to the HEAVENS above on my dad's birthday.
I sure miss him… but his spirit lives on in my heart daily.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST DAD
I could have ever hoped for!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

Another Easter has come and is done…
And once again it was EGG-STRA FUN!
EVERY BUNNY was feeling great,
Lots to do and celebrate.
CHOCOLATE EGGS were every where,
Many left to eat and share.
Easter time has come and gone,
Now time to DANCE and just ROCK ON!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment