Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friends, Family, Food, Fitness, Fun!

"It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work, friends and family."
-Philip Green

"Food is an important part of a balanced diet."
-Fran Lebowitz

"Time flies whether you are having fun or not. The choice is yours."
-Author Unknown

Last Friday... a trip to Starbucks in Willow Grove, a little dip in Jana's hot tub.
a little fun with Mariah on her Hip Hop day!

Fun with Beau and Mariah last week!

A yummy Japanese supper at OTOWA with our good friends, and former
next door neighbours... Lynne and Mike, when they
visited us from Regina last weekend!

More fun with friends... Lynne and Mike...
shopping, card playing Fuddruckers...and more!

Shuffle modelling her new Halloween costume...this doggie has more fun in
clothes than any dog I know...and how cute is she as a pumpkin???!!!

A little early family birthday celebration for Brian at the Keg last
Sunday. Beau got mistaken for a girl again... hehehe his hair
is getting pretty long, but as he says...
"Long hair, don't care!"

Another fun outing for Starbucks... with friend Ella
and met up with our friend, Nancy there, too.
She was the owner of "The NOSEGAY" flower shop before it closed.

Mariah had watching day at dancing on Tuesday...
here she is in her jazz class, which has 12 kids in it...
she is learning her Jr. 1 ADAPT Jazz and Tap.

I have had a few occasions to craft cards for this past week...
My niece Emily's birthday, my in-law's anniversary, my mother-in-law's birthday,
and my neighbour, Heather's birthday, too!
Tomorrow is another special birthday to craft for, as well.

The new launch of the BODY VIVE class at Goodlife Gym
on Tuesday... taught this week by both Theresa and Trent...
"T & T"...a DYNAMITE DUO for sure... they make Fitness more FUN always! 

A special birthday lunch outing for friend, Heather with  my friend, Ella,
yesterday at TASTE BUDS ... was fun and tasty, too!

I made another book on the computer, and it arrived yesterday.
This was of our Montreal trip this summer...
here are a couple of the pages!

More pages from my Montreal book. I took nearly 700 photos on our 9
day trip in July... lots with Colin and Caro, too... but can't share those pages
here... Colin prefers to not be shown on the internet!

Mariah at her ballet yesterday... watching day...
she has 10 little dancers in her class... tutu cute!

Beau at Mariah's Ballet class yesterday... having fun with Grammie D's phone!



Well hard to believe more than a week has passed since my last blog post! As you can see I keep fairly busy with the perfect balance of...
FRIENDS... FAMILY...FOOD... FITNESS...
and FUN...along with all the other important stuff, too!

It seems when ever I plan to do a new blog post to fill you in on the latest... I get sidetracked along the way doing other FUN stuff... but it's all good!

We loved our visit from our Regina, FRIENDS, Lynne and Mike last weekend. We always love when they come to visit us. They were once our next door neighbours, and their kids and ours were close in age and interests. Their girls danced, too. Now we share the common interest of our grandkids.
It seems months can go by and when ever we reconnect we just pick up where ever we left off, without skipping a beat.
We always have time for a few rounds of Kaiser too... which is always FUN!

Jana and Nels decided to do an early celebration for Brian's Birthday, which is actually tomorrow. We went to the Keg on Sunday night...and had an enjoyable evening there together.
We feel so blessed to do things with them always.

We talked to Colin this weekend, too, and he is excited about his upcoming trip to Vietnam in December.
We feel grateful to hear from him often, too.

This week was watching week at Mariah's dance classes, so I was able to pop by and see those. she seems to be progressing very well at those, and she loves her dancing.
I'm so glad she has interest in that... nice to see her tapping into her mommy and grammie's footsteps, literally!

There have been many celebrations lately... from birthdays to anniversaries in the family. We have popped by to see my in-laws, Blanche and Greg this week a couple of times, too.

Today we were at Market Mall for a big footwear sale which Jana's store SWANK SHOE LOUNGE is participating in.
We ran into my sister-in-law Bev there, too, so we went for lunch with her after as well.

I have enjoyed my classes at the gym lately... mostly
Body Vive and Zumba. But all the classes are good when ever I can fit them into the schedule! All the instructors are excellent there which makes the classes more fun to attend.

I tend to squeeze in lots of coffee and lunch type outings with friends... and always feel so blessed that I have so many friends who are not only fun to be with but also very supportive at all times!


Tomorrow is a celebration filled with mixed emotions...
First of all it is my hubby, Brian's birthday... so we will do something FUN-FOOD-FAMILY-FRIEND related I am sure!
Secondly it is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's passing.
A day does not go by that I do not feel her with me in some way... she is always in my heart.

Today is my cousin John's birthday... so I wish him a happy celebration too.

Next week is Halloween, so the grandkids will be gearing up for some FUN then as well. I am not sure if their costumes are confirmed yet... but I will be sure to get pictures to share of those next week.

On that note, here is my poem of the day...

My week was filled with food, fitness and fun.
I shared time with fam and friends and enjoyed it a ton!
I squeezed in some time for TV in and around,
I seem fairly busy lately, I've found.
Busy doing the things I enjoy to do,
And fitting in time for important things, too.
Time sure flies when I'm having fun,
The days race on by from the start, till they're done!


2 comments: