Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More GRATiTUDE!

"At times our light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
-Albert Schweitzer

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
-Brian Tracy

"Consistently expressing sincere and heartfelt gratitude for what you already have is the underlying and often overlooked force which opens doors to immeasurable abundance and happiness."
-Author Unknown



I had lots of GRATiTUDE this past weekend...
here on a lovely walk through the fall beauty down by the river,
with my hubby and our friend, Vern.

I think FALL is my favourite season... even though it is the start
of the colder weather to come... I have GRATITUDE for the beauty
it has... and even better when I can share that love with the one I love most!

More fall beauty... more walks... more GRATiTUDE!

I am ever grateful for outings with friends... whether for
out for coffee or out for meals!
Here I am at different STARBUCKS with Ella and also with Brian and Vern,
and out for lunch with Brenda.

a" LATTE" GRATITUDE!
... here celebrating over a pumpkin spice at Starbucks,
and a Cafe Broadway at the Roastery!

GRATITUDE for our Sunday morning traditional breakfasts
here this past sunday with Bob, Jacquie and Vern...
with Brian and me at Fuddruckers.

TWO THANKSGIVING DINNERS!!!!
So Much GRATITUDE!
Sunday at our house for ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes,asparagus...
Bob & Jacquies' Monday for Turkey potatoes and gravy, dressing, carrots,
beets, and dressing... both meals with delicious desserts, too!

Sunday Thanksgiving with 3 of my favourite guys...
Father-in-law, Greg, brother, Brian and of course
my hubby, who made the delicious supper.
I always have so much GRATITUDE that he enjoys cooking!
(Greg took some supper home for Blanche, too!)

Monday Thanksgiving supper at friend's Bob & Jacquie's
in their lovely condo with friends... Vern and their friend, Grey.
So much GRATITUDE for friends and fabulous food!


Today as I sat down to do up yet another blog post,
I realized just how GRATEFUL I am to live the life I do.
The older I get, the more GRATITUDE I have for all the things I am lucky to have.

I always have GRATITUDE for this blog itself, because it is a reflection of my journey through life since I began writing it nearly 3 years ago. I also have lots of GRATITUDE for those who pop by to see what I've been up to lately.

I always have so much GRATiTUDE for my family, friends, and all we are able to share in our many walks of life along the way. I do take many photos, too, which is my way of remembering the journey from day to day ... whether we are doing a big or small celebration. To me every day is really a celebration of sorts... some times the little things are as important as the big ones in the end!


This past Monday on THANKSGIVING we were so GRATEFUL to be invited to share in a delicious Turkey meal at our friends, Bob and Jacquies' lovely  condo.
They always are such gracious hosts, and do up a tasty meal in a beautifully decorated surrounding.
Not only is it fun to celebrate with them, it is such a spectacular place to be in with a wonderful view of the Saskatoon skyline.
We share lots of GRATITUDE with them for including us for Thanksgiving this year.

Also on Saturday night we shared a great meal at our friend, Vern's condo. We are lucky to be included for so many meals and visits with him. He is a good friend, for sure!

As well I am grateful for outings recently with friends, Ella and Brenda. I have so much gratitude for the very many friends I am lucky to have and always enjoy the chances I have to share with them.


I feel as though my life revolves around eating and going for coffees... especially this blog post! Maybe it is just the follow up to THANKSGIVING

... but we have certainly
been well fed lately!



I am so GRATEFUL for the gym for that very reason... it adds the perfect balance to all the dining out I have been doing! Just yesterday I decided to do another two class "TWOS-DAY" at the gym in my attempt to help burn off the TWO THANKSGIVING SUPPERS!

I have so much GRATITUDE for "GOODLIFE GYM", as it does help me to have a good life indeed.
Thanks to Trent and Theresa for the great Body Vive classes, Peggy for the awesome Body Flow and CX works classes, and to Nicole for the fun Zumba classes.

I am ever grateful for my wonderful family...
I do not see all of them often but I do appreciate each and everyone in my family.

Two of those very special people are my parents... and even though they are no longer with me on earth, they live on in my heart and my daily thoughts... they are the reason I am here in the first place! They both always stressed the importance of appreciation and gratitude throughout my life.



I am also grateful for two very loving parents-in-law, as well, and tomorrow they will be celebrating 63 years of wedded bliss! I wish them a fantastic day of memories
on their special day.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BLANCHE & GREG!

Friday my sweet niece Emily turns 17...
Happy Birthday EMS!

Each day is a gift... and for that we all should be grateful!

On that thought here is my rhyme of the day...

I love the simplest attitude,
Of gratefulness and gratitude.
Things are better when I appreciate more,
Enjoy what I have, friends and family galore.
The more gratitude that I can share,
The more gratefulness, will always be there.
I appreciate lots, and try not to be slack,
The more I give away, the more I get back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment