Monday, December 9, 2013

TIME for FAVOURITE THINGS

"My favourite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time."
-Steve Jobs

"I love to dance; it's one of my favourite things."
-Melissa Peterman

"Don't count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count."
Author Unknown

Here is Mariah... doing some of her FAVOURITE THINGS...
in my messy basement last Thursday...
She had a little TAP practice, then a little SCRAP BOOKING fun!
Cleaning this basement isn't one of my FAVOURITE THINGS...
as you can see....but the fun we enjoy
down there makes up for the big mess!

One of my FAVOURITE THINGS is to share joy at STARBUCKS!
Brian and I met with Jana and her good friend, Shelane there
this past Thursday...I love STARBUCKS year round!

Thursday my father-in-law, Greg, treated us to a fun lunch outing.
We went to the restaurant where my dance studio used to be...
called "Somewhere Else "...
lots of precious memories here...
memories are another one of my FAVOURITE THINGS.

I love to wrap gifts and do up gift baskets and especially at Christmas time,
here is a basket full of some FAVOURITE THINGS,
I am working on  for a special friend.

Each year we get dressed up for the annual
Wheaton Christmas Party
which was held on Saturday night.
I love that I have a series of pics by our tree
 each year on that night!

Jana came by to drive us to the annual party on Saturday night,
so I got a pic of her with her dad by the tree, too.
These two are two of my favourite people and we share many
FAVOURITE THINGS in life together.

One of BEAU'S new FAVOURITE THINGS
is his cute Spider Man Hat...
he also finds coming to Grandma and Grandpa's house
to be a FAVOURITE, too!

Not only do I like to WRAP gifts... I found it fun to WRAP up the studio
bulletin board yesterday. Mariah came to help me...
she said it is a FAVOURITE thing for her to do.
I also LOVE POLKA DOTS... so used this fun and DOTTY
Gift Wrap on the board.!

My efficient helper here filling the stapler!!!
One of my FAVOURITE THINGS is doing things with the ones I love most.

Another FAVOURITE THING at this time of year...
CHRISTMAS TREES with GIFTS!
This is the tree at my daughter's house...
and Mariah wrapped the gifts you see there, too...
I love that she loves doing the same things I love!

Another FAVOURITE THING is watching my two grandkids
happily dancing and enjoying entertaining us!
We were invited for supper at their house last night and were well
entertained after we ate our delicious meal!

Another FAVOURITE thing... is watching history repeating ...
and dancing through traditions!
MARIAH took her very first ever ADAPT DANCE EXAMS
on the weekend.
Back track to 1987 when my daughter Jana took her very first
ADAPT TAP EXAM...
(Jana is #3 in the red under our TOP HAT Exam Theme)
It is fun to make the comparison of my little dancers!


Thanks for stopping by my little blog post of the day...
This time of year is filled to the brim with so many FAVOURITE THINGS...
the hardest part is making TIME to fit every thing in,
within the busy schedules we all have.


I LOVE CHRISTMAS... for so many reasons...
there are just so many FAVOURITE THINGS
about it.

I love decorating, shopping, wrapping, and just spending the time with special people and loved ones we don't maybe see as often as we would like to.

I find my focus at this time changes each year... not sure if it is because I am getting older... or just don't have as much energy... or both... but I do still love many traditions at this cherished time of year.

The weather outside is definitely frightful... but we manage to brave the elements and get out and about to do the fun filled things we need to do at this busy time of year.

Just this past week, I met Jana and her friend, for coffee, and my father-in-law for lunch, and attended a Christmas party, had supper at my daughter's, and did more bulletin boards, along with some shopping and wrapping... and the beat goes on!

Today my hopes are to go shopping on my own to try to get some of the shopping finished and later all wrapped up. It is amazing just how fast the 25th is approaching so TIME is a ticking... Time to TAP into the fun part of the season!

Tomorrow my niece, Rowen will be 14 years old... so
I am wishing her the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY yet!
It is so hard to believe how fast she is growing up...
Time sure flies when you are having fun doing all of the FAVOURITE THINGS in life!

Speaking of FAVOURITE THINGS...
there is a song named after that from the famous movie, The Sound Of Music.
There was a remake on TV the other night, featuring Carrie Underwood as Maria Von Trapp, however... I must say for me nothing is as good as the original of that show...
it will always remain as my FAVOURITE version!

On saturday when I met my good friend, Ella at the gym for our 8:30 AM BODY VIVE class... the gym was not open.
Apparently there was a mix up as to was to open the gym up that day, but we patiently waited for it to open. Luckily for us we cashed in on not only a fun class... but we got rewarded for waiting by getting a GOODLIFE T-shirt and gym bag...
That was our FAVOURITE part!!! hehehe
That and the coffee time we shared following class!


MUSIC is definitely one of my favourite things, and I am so excited for the new season of the TV show called
THE SING OFF to begin tonight!

Anything that involves...
FAMILY, FRIENDS, DANCING, STARBUCKS, MUSIC, POLKA DOTS, GIFTS, TREES, FESTIVE, FOOD, FUN, TRADITIONS, LOVE, ANGELS.... and so much more
are many of my FAVOURITE THINGS!

On that note... my rhyme of the day...

Tis the season... and what fun it brings...
So much to do with my FAVOURITE THINGS!
From shopping to wrapping and decorating to do,
Baking cookies with my family, too!
Spending time doing things that I love,
With special people watched by Angels above.
CHRISTMAS is truly my FAVOURITE time of year,
It makes me excited for all things so dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment