Thursday, December 5, 2013

FESTiVE FUN!

"If there is no joyous way to give a festive gift, 
give love away."
-Author Unknown

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a handful of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun."
-Charles R. Swindoll

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."
-Dr. Seuss

The grandkids here on last Saturday night for a little sleepover
and sharing of FESTIVE FUN!

Mariah playing with a cute puppet from our good friend, Vern,
he bought it at the Sundog Fair last weekend,
and dropped by on Saturday to deliver it.

Beau by the bin of toys on sunday morning looking somewhat sleepy still
after his late night at Grammie's!!!
Today he will get his 2nd "EVER" haircut... in his 3 years of life!
I think maybe a little LONG overdue, but I am getting used to his very long hair!

A BELATED BIRTHDAY SUPPER for our dear friendROBIN
with  her fiance, Alex... last tuesday night at
Montanna's.

A FESTIVE and FUN pic of our dear friends,
Jacquie and Bob at a lovely dinner they hosted last Thursday
at their beautifully decorated home.

The lovely and festive looking table at Bob and Jacquie's...
my picture really doesn't do it justice, but it was so beautiful,
and so was the meal and good company shared there as well.

More dance exams... means more Themes at BSOBAD Dance studio...
I have been putting up fun and festive exam themes since around 1984
at my own dance studio and now at Brenda's dance studio since 2002.
This JAZZ EXAM theme is "SOCK MONKEYS"...
here's hoping the DANCERS all SOCK it to 'em and don't MONKEY around!

Our good friends, Ella and Vern...
this past Friday night at The Bistro... when Vern treated us to
a delicious meal and evening out in honour of our
37th Wedding Anniversary last week.

Brian and Me... at the Bistro on Friday...
this is what 37 years of wedded bliss looks like!
We have shared lots of FESTIVE FUN in our years of marriage...
and I hope for many more!

Our friend, Vern ... Friday night peaking through trees at the Festival Of Trees
at WDM... this was very FESTIVE and FUN!

A special evening with our family at Jana and Nels's house
on Sunday evening...
when they had a delicious supper for us in honour of our
anniversary too!

Mariah sharing some love with her special Auntie Ingrid,
 who was visiting here from Edmonton this weekend.

We have shared lots of FESTIVE FUN with these two lately and
almost daily at this Willow Grove STARBUCKS!

How FESTIVE and FUN is this lovely plant?
We received this from Jana's friend, and store partner, MELISSA,
this past Tuesday... so beautiful and thoughtful!

A couple of FESTIVE FUN ornaments on our tree...
the little Angel represents all angels, and this one especially reminds me of my mom.
The BELIEVE ball was given to me by a dear friend, Gailene, a couple seasons ago...
this season more than ever we are "BELIEVING" in many miracles
and other FESTIVE and FUN things to come!



Welcome to my blog post...and the last month of the year!
It seems time goes by faster and faster with each passing month, and blog post!

I glanced back at blog posts gone by to see how many have been written since I began this venture nearly 3 years ago.
My first blog post was written on December 31st, 2010.
My main purpose at that point was to write about things that were positive in my life. My mom had recently passed, so it geve me a new purpose to focus on and a reason to stay positive in my day to day life.

Since that post...I have written 351 more blog posts... most of which have included photos, poems and quotes along with the things in my life that are FUN and FESTIVE!

I used to post pictures from my camera to the computer, and am now back to that format again! I started taking pictures with my iphone in April and since then have filled the photo capacity up on that. I need to organize the many photos I
 take, so I can add from my iphone to the blog again. I can collauge them together and share more from that format, and they attach much faster from there as well.

Until I get around to sorting through the photos, this is my format for now! Which ever way I add them, is good... I do enjoy sharing my photos with whoever stops by, to see what is going on in our little corner.

Believe me... lots has been going on lately... in fact so much that I needed to take a day to just sit and catch up!
I have not been to the gym since last Saturday... but hope to make it there again this weekend.

Since my last post... we have been dining out with friends lots, and also enjoying the FUN and FESTIVE season upon us. We have fit in many other things as well...
my life seems very busy lately.

Yesterday we did an afternoon of Christmas shopping with Jana...and I am excited to get WRAPPING once again. It is by far one of my favourite things at Christmas...
oh the joys of giving!

Later today I will pick up Mariah from school and do a little practice session with her before she takes her first ever ADAPT Tap and Jazz exams this weekend. I am so excited and nervous for her. Jana did her first ADAPT Tap exam at the age of 6 in 1987... with the founders of that syllabus...
Brian and Faye Foley from Toronto. I was  hoping Mariah would have them as examiners, too...
but maybe another year...as they only come every second year to Saskatoon now and have several other examiners doing the exams now as well.


My photos are self explanatory... and as you can see we have been busy from outings, to sleepovers to just enjoying our own FUN and FESTIVE surroundings here at home.

I have enjoyed all my favourite TV shows in the evenings and am ever grateful for PVR, so I can cut back on viewing time by spinning through the commercials!
I was happy for the winners on Dancing With The Stars last week... and as I predicted...
 Derrick and his partner Amber won... YAY!


Well... Christmas will be here before we know it... and I have lots to do before then... lots of FESTIVE and FUN stuff... so on that note... here is my rhyme of the day!


My life has been a whirlwind of FESTIVE FUN...
Going out with my friends, my family and my hun!
'Tis the season for so much to do...
Making the most and just dancing through.
From celebrating with family and with friends,
To drinking wines and lattes of the perfect blends.
Watching my shows on TV in the nights,
And snuggling by the the warm
twinkling Christmas Tree lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment