Tuesday, November 26, 2013

SWEET ViCTORY!

"If you think you can win, you can. Faith is necessary to victory."
-William Hazlitt

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
-Malcolm S. Forbes

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
-Laura Inglas Wilder


We were married on Grey Cup Weekend in 1976...
since that day forth... we have experienced
lots of "SWEET" and lots of "VICTORY"!

Here I am on Sunday whipping up some SWEET
sugar cookies!

Here are some of the first batch iced  and ready to share with family!
I put GREEN sprinkles on the STARS in honour of our Rough Riders
playing in the Grey Cup on sunday!

Here is Beau and his great grandpa Greg on sunday
when family gathered there for a little  lunch
family get together.
Beau has his mini stick from the Friday night
Blades Hockey game he went to for his first time.
They had a SWEET VICTORY that night, too!

Cousins... they always have fun in the basement at the Grandparents...
Here is Mariah, Emily, Rowen and Beau on Sunday...
playing store in Grandpa Greg's bar!

Later Sunday... the girls joined me at our house to make more SWEET sugar cookies...
and SWEET memories, too!
Here are Emily and Mariah rolling dough for another SWEET batch!

Here is Rowen adding her artistic touch to the
icing of some more cookies.

Another SWEET memory...on sunday... visits with
our sister-in-law, Gail and niece Emily
visiting here from Vancouver.

The girls bonding SWEETLY over some scrapbooking...
while Brian watches the start of the Grey Cup Game.

Watching the second half of the Grey Cup football game at our friend, Vern's,
on Sunday... and Cheering SWEETLY when we were VICTORIOUS!
Here are friends... Jacquie, Ella, Vern,  and Bob all sitting together with Brian.

Saturday night we had a SWEET little family gathering here before the
cousins went out, and the ladies went for a Girl's Night Out...
Here are sisters-in-law, Bev, Gail, Brenda, my niece Emily and nephew Maxwell
all with Brian . 

Another pic from our Saturday night fun...
here are my nephews, Luke and Sam... and Luke's girlfriend, Kirsten,
before the cousins all went out for  a sweet evening of fun together.

A few more pics from Emily's visit... this was yesterday... when we took
her to Jana's SWANK SHOE LOUNGE store, followed by a trip to
the Bess, for brunch and then off to see the Garden Architecture Trees.
We enjoyed our SWEET visits all round this past weekend.



First of all thanks for stopping by my little blog filled with SWEET family fun !

Saskatchewan fans were showing lots of RIDER PRIDE following the big Grey Cup WIN on this past Sunday.
I was also married on a Grey Cup Weekend 37 years ago...
I could not tell you who played or who won, but I can say our marriage has been a SWEET VICTORY... kind of like the Grey Cup game on Sunday!


It was a cold but not snowy day on November 27th, 1976, when Brian and I were married at St. Francis Church in Saskatoon. And since then we have shared so many things and our life has had so many SWEET and VICTORIOUS memories along the way.

In my previous blog post, I mentioned how when ever relatives come to the city from out of town, it makes a reason for the local relatives connect. Just last week
my Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn were visiting here from Chicago...and this past weekend, my sister-in-law, Gail and my niece, Emily were in town from Vancouver ...and so this past week or so has been SWEET with many connections and family gatherings.

Brian and Nels  took the grandkids to a Blades hockey game this past Friday night...it was Beau's first time of going to a live game... and he loved it. The Blades were victorious, too, so it was even SWEETER!
Mariah was very insightful... she thought lots of the fans were rude going to a BLADES HOCKEY game in their Green ROUGHRIDER FOOTBALL jerseys! I guess many of the hockey fans are also football fans and were dressed in prep to cheer not only the Blades on to Victory, but in anticipation of the big Grey cup game on Sunday.

I love competitions... but am more inclined to follow dance and music ones than sports related ones. I will be tuned into this season's Dancing With the Stars tonight when they crown the winners and give out the famous Mirror ball trophy... not sure who will be celebrating the
SWEET VICTORY on that show... as it is a tight race,
but my picks for the winners would be
Amber & Derrick.

I am also stilled tuned into The Voice and X Factor singing competitions on Tv, as well...and look forward to the new seasons of The Sing Off to begin on December 9th, and the American Idol to start up on TV in the new year.
I do enjoy all the entertainment shows like those and enjoy seeing new talents emerge.

I did enjoy seeing our relatives both the in town ones as well as the out of town visiting ones over this past bit.
I feel lucky to experience SWEET family around when ever I get the opportunity.

I do enjoy celebrations with friends always too. As well as sharing the fun of the SWEET GREY CUP VICTORY at our friend, Vern's home on Sunday... later today we will join friends, Robin and her boyfriend for a meal out. Later this week we will go to friend's Bob & Jacquies' for a little supper evening, too.

Last night we heard from my son, Colin, when he phoned us to just have a SWEET visit on the phone.
Just this morning I had my friend, Ella, here for a coffee following our sweet workouts at the gym today...

My life is like a SWEET VICTORY!

Tomorrow I wish my SWEET HUBBY a very loving Anniversary... here's to many more SWEET years to come!


Also I want to wish all my American friends and relatives a very SWEET THANKSGIVING this Thursday!

On that note... my poem of the day,

We just experienced victory and it was sure sweet,
Our Blades and our Riders... just couldn't be beat!
Icing SWEET cookies , was also quite fun.
Time spent with my girls made me feel I had won.
37 years ago, on a Grey Cup weekend, too,
I was married and scored a
SWEET WIN, through and through!
So VICTORY has truly been SWEET all around,
Lots of SWEET memories, and more will abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment