Friday, November 15, 2013

TAP into HaPpY & ExCiTeD!

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
-Dahlai Lama

"Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited about the privileges of simply being human."
-Tim Hansel

"Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness."
-William E. Gladstone

Yesterday we were happy to pick up Mariah from school and take
her out to her favourite place for supper, BP.
She was excited to have time with us that she wasn't having to be
in competition with her brother over!

I get excited when all the Christmas wrap comes out in the stores...
and even though I have a basement full of it already,
 I always find myself stocking up on more!!!
Snowmen just make me happy...and I now have brought several
up from my Christmas cupboard in the basement... love this little
happy grouping of them!

Even though these photos are not the clearest...
the memories were both HAPPY and SCRAPPY!!!
Mariah did some dance practice followed by
some scrapbooking here last night.

On Remembrance Day Monday...
we had family over for supper and the kids built a little fort
in the living room.Even though they do tend to make a mess,
I am happy they are able to feel at home here making happy
memories for years to come

My photo skills this week were not my best... but once again...
the memories we captured were happy ones!
I'm excited that Beau still loved to bond with my brother Brian,
after a long lapse of not seeing him. They are always happy to connect!

Another HAPPY moment with the grandkids...
Mariah's toothless grin is so adorable...she has now lost her 4th tooth on top,
so all she needs for Christmas is her 4front teeth!!!

I know I included this photo in my previous blog post,
but due to the fact I had not a lot of new good photos, I'm sharing this one again!
I'm always HAPPY and EXCITED when Brian wants to go to STARBUCKS,
and share a special latte with me.
STARBUCKS also always makes me HAPPY and EXCITED!



Well here I am writing another blog post... and believe me, I do actually get HAPPY and EXCITED to share my simple little life with whoever stops by to check it out!

HEY... I wouldn't be human if I didn't have bad days here and there... but I try hard to share the moments in life that are positive. I like to try to find something each day that makes me HAPPY and or EXCITED, and the days go much better that way.

Since my last blog post... we were hit by a flu bug, but it came and went...and we are both HAPPY to be feeling much better now. In spite of that, we manage to fit lots of FUN into our day to day lives.

We had family and our friend Vern here on Monday night for supper. It was a fun filled visit, too. It has been a while since my brother, Brian, has been over, so I always enjoy connecting with him when ever I can.

Yesterday I made it to the gym for a revitalizing gym class of ZUMBA with instructor, Nicole. After my lapse at the gym, that felt good... so it made me happy!

We were happy to meet up with Jana for a quick little lunch at Great Canadian Bagel yesterday... and when she mentioned Mariah would be doing her dance exams this season, I offered to pick her up after school for a little practice session with her.


I really do not get enough chances to practice with her, and so it was a good opportunity to do that. We enjoyed our time together. We went for a little supper first at Boston Pizza, her favourite spot. Then came home to dance. After she felt she had a long enough practice, she decided to do some scrapbooking with lots of stuff I have gathered in my basement. It always makes me both HAPPY and EXCITED to see her following in my footsteps, and enjoying all the same things I like best! Her and I have really bonded in her little 7 year long life so far!


It is always fun to connect with the grandkids one on one, as they are not competing for attention that way... and that is way more fun for everyone!


I have been shopping a little bit lately long enough to see lots of fun Christmas stuff out everywhere. It always makes me HAPPY and EXCITED!
Just yesterday, I found myself buying more
gift wrap, bags, tags, ribbons and tissue all for my Christmas wrapping to begin. However I have not yet bought any gifts... so that will have to happen soon!



Later today I am meeting with my good buddy, Brenda for a lunch outing. I am always happy to connect with her in her extremely busy life. We hope to also go check out the Christmas trees at Garden Architecture after as well...
I am super excited to see those... they were spectacular last year when I went to see them.


Also I am getting EXCITED for the arrival of my Auntie Betty and her daughter Dawn later today.
They are here for just a little less than a week for a family visit, so I know there will be a few happy family gatherings while they are in town.

Later this month my niece Emily and her mom, Gail are coming for a brief visit from Vancouver as well. Always nice when the relatives come to town.

I am still happily following many shows on TV...and am so pleased I can PVR them so I can shorten my viewing time by spinning through the commercials!

I'm EXCITED to wish two special people a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY today...
Mariah and Beau's other Grandma ...
Grandma Nancy is celebrating today, and so is our dear friend, Robin. Robin just popped by this week for a fun visit as well... she is such a good friend for us.

I was both happy and excited to get a hair fix this week with my wonderful hairdresser, Marla. We always have enjoyable visits when I go visit her...and I come away feeling new again... with my fixed up hair!

Next week my brother Bob, will be celebrating a Birthday on the 20th. So incase I do not get to another blog before then... I will wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too.

With the onset of Christmas next month... there is lots to be HAPPY and EXCITED about. I am hoping seeing the trees at GA later today will inspire me to get my decor out, too...always a HAPPY thing I get EXCITED to do!

On that note... here is another thing I get HAPPY to do and that is share my poem of the day...

Today I'm feeling happy and excited, too...
The next stretch of time has lots to do.
With the onset of Christmas and many other things,
It's amazing the spirit and happiness this brings.
Fun to have something to look forward to,
It gives life such purpose through and through.
Just to be excited and happy each day,
Is a great way to celebrate along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy Diane. Don't know how you find time to do all you do - admirable. Enjoy reading your positiveness.. Enjoy your family, like I know you will - life is precious and you exemplify that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and comments always Ethel/ Arlene!
      I am busy... but I know you are too... it is what gives us purpose... right?! :)

      Delete