Monday, November 11, 2013

A Weekend To REMEMBER

"Remember, we all stumble, everyone of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand."
-Emily Kimbrough

"Every dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember,
within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
-Harriet Tubman

"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning."
-Sandra Bullock

Mariah attended her very first Triple Threat Dance Convention
this weekend... it was definitely an experience to REMEMBER!
How cute is she here with her top 3 teeth missing?!!!

I still REMEMBER this memory...
here is a vintage photo of Jana with the Triple Threat founders,
CAROLINA, DORRIE & KELLY
in 1999. Jana was a Sr. Scholarship winner that season...
and still has the t-shirts from that year.

14 seasons after Triple Threat Dance Convention began...
here it is still going strong still under the great direction of the original founders.
Mariah did her first one on the weekend, and she was in a
1999 t-shirt to begin with, from her mommy's dancing days!
She quickly changed to one of the new ones though!!!

Here is Mariah admiring the vintage t-shirt from 1999 on her lunch break.
She was one of the youngest dancers on the Jr. ballroom floor amongst many.
Here she is from the back in white on the left at tap...
and in her black TT hoody on the right during afro jazz!

We share many memories with this group on Sundays at Fuddrucker's over
breakfast... this photo was taken last weekend as it turns out...
but we did go yesterday, too!

I shared a fun visit with my cousins, Gwen and Bev at my
Sister-in-law's this past week.
We shared memories as well as planning for more to come,
when next weekend...
Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn come to visit us from Chicago.

Our friend Vern snapped this shot of Brian and I at the willow Grove Starbucks
on Friday morning when we met him there for a little visit and latte!

Later Friday... we picked up a sick little BEAU from his day care and
took him to his house. Brian took Mariah to her dancing while
I stayed there with Beau till his daddy got home.

Saturday after Mariah's dancing fun... she came here and did stuff on our computer.
Beau joined us later...and both kids slept over.

Saturday we chalked up more fun filled memories when the kids slept over here.
Coloring, watching movies, making smurf parades, etc!!! lots of fun times.

Sunda morning's early morning mess before Jana picked up the kids to get
Mariah to day 2 at her Triple Threat Convention at Prairie Land Park.

I am definitely becoming such a regular at STARBUCKS... and especially since
the Festive RED cups came out!
I visited a few times this past week, with a nice visit yesterday, shared
with my two sisters-in-law,
Bev and Brenda.



Today is REMEMBRANCE DAY. We will always remember the soldiers and war veterans who fought for freedom for our country.  According to a statement made on Wikipedia.org...in regard to Remembrance Day...

"The largest indoor ceremony in Canada is usually held in SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN, with over 9000 gathering in the Credit Union Centre in 2010, the ceremony participants include old guards(veterans), new guards (currant members of CF), and sea, army and air cadets."

We will always REMEMBER... with the famous poem
"In Flanders Field the Poppies grow..."
I so REMEMBER memorizing this poem in my years of school in the elementary years at Haultain School where I went from grade one through eight.

Today I am also speaking of the memories made just this past couple days for my grand daughter, Mariah.
Jana grew up as a dance student, and attended many dance conventions and workshops along her journey.
In fact she attended at least 3 TRIPLE THREAT CONVENTIONS in it's early years.
This is a very well run Dance convention that tours across Canada  and has over the past fourteen years. The original founders are still in charge and bring in an outstanding lineup of renowned dance teachers to share their expertise with the participating dancers and studios in attendance.

Not only did I watch sisters, Dorrie and Kelly Konno growing up in their dance years... I watched them go on to fame with not only TTDC... but on many levels u above and beyond including dancing with Janet Jackson.

Mariah had excellent teachers at this year's convention...including
Devin Jamieson, Jen Hamilton, Lisa LaTouche,Sean Cheesman and Kelly Konno.

Not only did I see these dance teachers growing up as young dancers them selves... I have seen them all going onto professional dance careers too with things such as dancing with Michael Jackson... to being a choreographer on the famous TV series SYTYCD... among other things.

I am pretty sure Mariah will always REMEMBER this experience as a very fond and inspiring experience at the early stages of her young dance journey!

Because I have been to many Triple Threat Dance conventions in my life as a participating Dance Teacher and a Dance mom... I knew it was a great choice for Mariah.
It felt so different sitting on the sidelines watching my grand daughter... in our family generation 3 of going to this fun filled convention. It truly made my heart smile to see her out there strutting her stuff!


Today we are also REMEMBERING my brother in law, Bruce who passed away 3 months ago to this day.
The sun is shining today as it has on the 11th of each month since he passed in August.
I know he is shining over us from above.

This weekend  was the first anniversary for my nephew, Jeff and his wife, Savannah. I sure REMEMBER their Fairy Tale like wedding held on a very snowy day  last November the 10th here in Saskatoon. Jana and Nels attended a party in their honour on Saturday, while our grandkids slept here.

We had the grandkids for their first sleepover in months...
it was a REMINDER of why we prefer to share the waking hours with them... sleepovers do not invovle enough SLEEP for this GRAMMIE!!!... However that being said, we still had lots of fun and crammed a lot in to a short time before the kids were picked up Sunday morning.

We do not see as much of the grandkids as we once did... likely because of everyone's busy schedules these days. We will be having them for supper again today and make some more fun memories with some more photos, I'm sure, too! (wink wink!!!)... I know my family find it crazy how many photos I do take, but it is my way to REMEMBER the moments in time along the way!


Jana had hoped to take some photos of Mariah yesterday at the second day of TTDC but her phone was not charged to take some... and had I been there on day 2, I could have helped her out... but luckily I did capture a
few photos on day 1!...
just none with the famous teachers!


So on that note... here is my rhyme of the day...

Today is that date in November,
When many take time to just remember...
Those who fought for their country in war,
And for all of the veterans and many more.
I am remembering this weekend as well...
As it was on filled with dance fun... so swell!
Triple Threat dancing was an experience so new,
For my wee Princess, and she loved it, too!

2 comments: