Thursday, November 7, 2013

Getting "RED"Y!

"When the bold branches bid farewell to rainbow leaves- Welcome wool sweaters."
-B. Cybrill

"We are always getting ready to live but never living."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."
-Dahlai Lama

Not only was I "RED"Y/ ready for a fun filled sisterfriend bond from my buddy Linda
when she came to the city last saturday...
we were both "RED"Y/ready to welcome the first day of the RED cups
 to ring in the festive season at STARBUCKS!


My cousin. John's daughter, ELAINE had a book launch in the city
this past Saturday... I can see a big future for her...
and I know she is  READY!

Sunday night we had a delicious meal at Jana & Nels's place...
and shared some fun with the grandkids, too...
Built some lego stuff with Beau and danced with Mariah...
even Jana joined in on the dancing fun... always READY to DANCE!

SHUFFLE was not READY to remove her Halloween pumpkin ruffle...
until we had had some more clothes to p replace it!!!
She is always READY to be a DIVA DOG!

Yesterday we picked up BEAU from his day care...and also picked up MARIAH
from her dancing and brought them back here, till their Daddy was
READY to come for them!
We enjoy the kids and are always READY to be with them!

BEAU was ready to bring up the snowman with the train and flashing lights...
this morning I decided I was READY as well to bring up my little festive
Christmas mice for the fireplace, too...
I got them a few years ago...and still love them...
I named them MARIAH & BEAU!

I enjoyed a few drinks out of RED cups this week!
The 4 litre bottle in the bottom right corner... was not such a fun drink...
it was the one I had to drink to get READY for a colonoscopy yesterday.

READY or not... the winter weather has arrived...
It was very pretty looking yesterday on our drive to the hospital for my little
procedure.


I am kind of getting READY for the REDS of the season to come... in fact, I for one am always happy to put away the orange pumpkins from Halloween... and move on to RED. Maybe it is because a lot of our home decor is RED, or maybe it is just that the start of the festivities to come just make me happy... I am RED-Y!


I am particularily happy that the RED cups are here at STARBUCKS... not really sure why except they just make me smile... They have such fun marketing, and I do get excited when they come out... not to mention I love all the festive whip topped drinks that come out, too...and I love the CRANBERRY BLISS BARS... YUM!

I am also listening to Christmas tunes already... yep...
I am READY!!! They are actually playing them on the smooth jazz station on TV already, so I am in!


One drink I was NOT READY FOR this week was the one I
had to drink to get READY for a colonoscopy. The 4 litre bottle of CoLyte was not fun at all...
I had to down 2 litres of it at 5 PM on Tuesday,
and another 2 litres of it wednesday at 5 AM...
the best part of all of that was that my routine colon check up went 100%... and I rewarded myself with a little Peppermint Mocha out of the fun RED CUP and a bliss bar at STARBUCKS on route home from the hospital...
trust me I earned it...and was so hungry after fasting all day Tuesday in prep.


I popped to BSOBAD on Sunday to take down PUMPKINS and hang some RED for the season to come.
I still need to get back there soon to hang more... but will do so after November 11th passes by. Until then we will be celebrating with RED poppies!

We had a fun filled supper with Jana, Nels and kids on Sunday. We love every chance we get to be with them...and are always READY to go over there and share some quality family fun!

Today I am going to my sister-in-law, Arleen's house to get READY for a fun visit from our Auntie Betty and cousin Dawn who will be coming to visit from Chicago next week.

This weekend... MARIAH will be getting READY for her very first ever dance workshop... one called TRIPLE THREAT...it is very exciting for her to begin that fun part of her dance experience... she is young for it, but READY or not... she has to start somewhere! Jana and I attended many of them in our dance careers!

Some of my blog readers know about the journey we are on in our house...and we are always READY for miracles along the way... life is a journey...and day by day we welcome the positives!

Winter seemed to arrive over night this week... and READY or not we will be in for some adjustments to many things... especially driving! I got my winter tires put on this past Monday so I am a bit more READY!


I am always grateful for my supportive friends and family as we journey on and get READY for many things to come...
Thanks to  my friend, Ella who always provides many smiles for me with our visits to the gym... coffees after... texts in the evening and just for always being there for me a positive and supportive friend... she has been super!

This weekend is remembrance day...and we will all be dawning our poppies in support of the soldiers who died for their country.

Hard to believe a year has nearly passed since my nephew, Jeff was married... wishing him and his wife, Savannah, a wonderful first anniversary this weekend on the 10th.
They had a beautiful story book wedding last year, and I still remember helping them get READY for that.
This weekend, we will look after the grandkids, while Jana and Nels attend a little anniversary party for
JEFF & SAVANNAH.
It's been quite a while since we have had a grandkid sleepover... so we are READY!

On that note... I am READY to share my poem of the day!

Once again it's time to move from
orange to RED...
From pumpkins to poppies, and RED cups instead!
Time to remember the soldiers who all fought,
Thanks for the peace to our country they all brought.
Time for RED cups topped with whipped fluff,
Time to get "RED"-Y for all the festive stuff!
Time for slippery roads... icy with snow,
Time to take caution where ever we go.
Time for snowmen...and RED decor,
SNOW much time... for SNOW much more!
I do love things all twinkly and bright...
Tis the season to make spirits seem right.
I love RED... and I'm "RED"-Y for it all...
It's my favourite colour, and we are done with fall.
"RED"-Y for some winter, and also some WHITE!
We have to just be "RED"-Y...
'cause it came over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment