Friday, November 1, 2013

More TREATS than TRICKS!

"Halloween : a magical and mysterious holiday all full of surprises in amongst treats and tricks, fear and horror turn into joy and play."
-Jean Paul Malfatti

"Halloween wraps fear in innocence, 
As though it were slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then be turned into a treat..."
-Nicholas Gordon

"Coffee Crisp... makes a nice light snack"
- quote off the bar's wrapper!
(and I have had way too many "LIGHT SNACKS" this week!!!...wink, wink!)

Here are my darling little grandkids, Mariah and Beau last night
at the start of their Halloween journey of the night!

BEAU kept his INCREDIBLE HULK mask on long enough for a quick pic,
he was quite afraid of it... I would be, too!!!
MARIAH was a self invented costume of a ROCKER DANCER.
and a very sweet one at that!

SHUFFLE was not left out of the act... in her adorable
"PUMPKIN COSTUME"...
it was a TREAT for her to join the fun,
but the TRICK was to keep her hat on her head!

COULD THEY BE ANY CUTER?????

Jana brought the kids here straight from school/daycare pickup,
so needed to do some THEATRICAL fix-ups here!

ANGELS and PUMPKINS...
I bought these little orange colored ANGELS on pencils,
shortly after mom died, in 2010 to remember her at Halloween,
her funeral was on OCT. 30th, 2010...
my little angel SHUFFLE... does not want her Pumpkin
costume off today!
I am remembering my neighbour's dog,
SADIE among the ANGELS of Halloween this year, too.

So many TREATS ..
from pumpkin cookies...to...
 pails and bags of fun stuff for the grandkiddies!

Yesterday I took some fast "SELFIES" here in different hats...
I made the caption...
"WiTCH" HAT do I do best?...
Most people said the WITCH HAT...
but I had a couple votes for the SANTA HAT!
I think I wear all of these at different times...
and even more hats, too!
Lately I have really worn the "NURSE HAT" a lot.

Monday we had some treats... when my sister -in law Bev
popped by to drop off a SCENTSY  order for me.
Mariah got picked up and brought here after school,she enjoyed the window clings!
Our friend, Vern stopped by for supper and brought a Delicious
ice Cream cake from Marble Slab as a treat for dessert!

WEDNESDAY... it was a real TREAT to get together for
a long overdue visit with my cousins,  GWEN & BEV, when they stopped by.
Yesterday two more friends...HEAHER & JUDY
stopped by with TREATS from STARBUCKS,
 and a had a nice little visit, too.
Always a treat to reconnect with friends and relatives even
when time passes in between. 

It was a special TREAT to share lunches with friends...
BRENDA on Monday,
and our Edmonton buddies, WAYNE and SHELLEY on Tuesday.
(Brian has gone for lunch every day this week!!!...We definitely dine out a lot!)
Yesterday we met with our friend, Vern for lunch too.
I had coffee time with friend, Cathy, this week, and a lovely visit the other night
with my neighbour Heather as well...
it is such a TREAT to have so many close friends!

I got out this little card I crafted  in October of 2010...
it is a darling photo of my grandson BEAU in a little PUMPKIN sleeper...
both Shuffle and Beau make darling little pumpkins for sure!!!


First of all... may I say thank you to all viewers
who pop by to read and check out my blog.
Not only is it a TREAT for me to do it, it is a little trip down memory lane in years to come.

Just this morning I visited a few of my Halloween blog posts from years gone by. I often go back to check out what I posted in the previous years at the same times...

OCT. 29th, 2011-"BOO-Tiful Trip Down Memory Lane"
NOV. 1st, 2011-"BEE-Lightful and THRILLING"
OCT. 29th, 2012-"EATS, TREATS, SWEETS, FEETS"
Nov. 1st, 2011-"TRICKY TREAT"

Anyone can go back and check out previous posts on the right hand column of the blog page... where everyone is listed from the day I began writing this blog.

We definitely had another fun filled and TREAT filled week, as you can see by the posted photos here. In addition to the above mentioned activities this week, I did make it to Zumba at the gym yesterday. I also shared a nice visit and coffee with friend, Cathy and a little visit with my neighbour , Heather, who sadly had to say good bye to her sweet doggie this week. I feel badly for her as that dog was such a good companion for her... but I know SADIE will reconnect with our old Pug, MOCHA now in doggie HEAVEN.

Speaking of HEAVEN... my cousins informed me that the 30th of October would have been our dear
GRANDMA WILL'S birthday. I didn't remember this fact,
but my cousins recalled it while here this week. My grandma was so sweet and although she passed away when I only was six, I still have a vivid and fond memory of her.
Kind of special that my mom's funeral was held on her birthday many years later. So Halloween has memories of ANGELS as well as the typical pumpkins and other associations of that time.

We continue to celebrate many things in and around our lives, and each day is truly a gift. I know I say this often in my blog in in person, but I truly am blessed with all the positives in my life... from friends, to family
and the journey itself.

I know lots of people love Halloween... and I enjoy it, but am always glad to move toward the next celebrations to come.
However that being said... my dog... likes to linger in the halloween excitement... (and costume!)
Last night when I removed her pumpkin ruffle, and set it on our counter, Shuffle jumped up and got it and whined to have it on again... so not only did she sleep in her ruffle, she still has it on today!!! Funny little dog!
We had a final count of only 23 TRICK OR TREATERS here last night... I think it is becoming an "OLDER" neighbourhood... so we do not have nearly as many kids as we once did.

SO... we have many many TREATS left over...
and the TRICK will be getting rid of them
without eating them all myself!

On that note... here is my RHYME of the day...

I think we've all had our Halloween fix,
Once again we had more treats, than tricks!
Lots of little costumed tikes...
Came by here, but no need to say yikes!
Not too many scary types this year,
Most of the costumes were oh so dear.
Once again we have treats to spare,
Hope they go fast and soon won't be there!
Although the bars seem oh so small,
I sometimes feel like eating them all!!!
They say Coffee Crisp makes a nice light snack,
If I could stop at one... but I don't have that knack!
Calories add up pretty darn fast,
Long after Halloween is gone and past.
I love chocolate... to me it's a treat...
It's my favourite, and can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment