Monday, April 7, 2014

SPRiNG it ON!

"An optimist is the human personification of spring."
-Susan J. Bissonette

"It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

"Spring is like nature's way of saying 'Let's party!' "
-Robin Williams


Bunnies are SPRINGING up everywhere
as we get closer to Easter!

Nothing says SPRING like Daffodils…
Thanks to my friend, Cathy for this lovely bouquet,
it brought instant happy!

A week ago we went out for a nice supper with friends, Ella and Vern…
it feels good to get out and about again, now that SPRING is here!

Mariah went to a birthday party where they did characatures…
here is one of Jana and of Mariah… pretty good likeness to them!

SPRING is dance competition and festival season…
I attended two in the last week…
"The Performer" and "Spring Stars"
both in Saskatoon.
$15,000.00 was raised at Spring Stars for Cancer cures in the city. 

My niece Rowen danced 4 dances in Spring Stars…
here she is in her ballet costume.

I did some babysitting on the weekend.
It was nice to get outside with the kids, too.
Mariah had some dancing on and Beau is showing off how
he looks in his poppa's glasses… and new hair cut!

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday…
he has spent every one in Heaven since 2000.
This year his brother( my Uncle Charlie)
 can celebrate it with him there, too.



I am pretty sure everyone is with me when I say I am happy to see the end of winter and the beginning of SPRING…
SPRING IT ON!!!!

I love Spring for many reasons… it is the start of the warmer weather and less heavy clothes… but it is also dance festival and competition season, too. I have so many fond memories of the years of involvement with my dancing  of competing in festivals and competitions in spring. Both as a child myself, as a dance teacher, and mom… and now as a proud grandma. Mariah is doing her first dance competition season this year… and I am so proud and excited.

I was at two dance competitions in the city last week…and am always blown away with the talents in this province. The teachers and dancers alike… always go above and beyond when it comes to amazing work and creativity. So hats off to all of them for their hard work leading up to this time of year. It is amazing how many memories I have of this time, and the people I know through the world of dancing.

I love Spring because we can get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air outdoors once again. Time to go on some nice long doggie walks with my dog, Shuffle! … she loves that, too…and believe me, we both could
use the exercise as well.

April is JAZZ APPRECIATION month… and I love jazz… so I am appreciating it as I do year round. Soon it will be Jazz Festival time again, too.

Tomorrow I am thinking about my dad… on his birthday in Heaven… I have so many fond memories of him always, not just on his birthday… but it seems so fitting he was born in springtime. My father-in-law,Greg, was as well…

his birthday is coming up on April 18th.


Brian was away on a little guys get away this weekend to Edmonton for an Edmonton Oilers game… and will be home later today… he loved getting away… I know we all seemed to be getting cabin fever from the long winter!



This coming weekend we will head to Regina to watch Mariah dance in the CANDANCE competition run by the Foleys' from Toronto. I have many fond memories of my dance experiences with that well known dance family 

… so excited to see Mariah
perform in that one, too. I know she is pretty pumped to get on the dance costumes and strut her stuff!

I had Mariah for a little sleepover this weekend … I always enjoy times spent with the grandkids. She came to watch the  dancing this weekend, too and was like a little judge… writing her own special comments in the program for each dance. Co-incidentally she wrote:
"My Favourite"... beside a large tap group called
"IN TIME" from BSOBAD. 

That dance ended up getting the highest score of the competition with a mark of 98…wow!
That competition was a fund raiser for Cancer…

 raising $15,000.00  as well… 
so a huge success all round.



Last week I was at the dance studio updating the studio boards from St. Patricks to Easter… and SPRING!
Hard to believe… before we know it another dance season will be winding up again!

I hope to get out for a little SPRING walk today… 

so on that note… here is my rhyme of the day!

I like SPRING for many reasons…
It's also one of my favourite seasons.
I'm always happy when winter is done,
The fun begins, when spring's begun.
The weather is better … the sun is out,
It makes us smile, instead of pout!
There are times and many chances,
To watch so very many dances.
At festivals, competitions and at shows,
My love of performing grows and grows!
Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop… and TAPpiness...
Dancing brings me so much happiness!
I love open windows, and the smells they bring,
The air is so fresh when it is spring.
Bye bye winter… it's just time you're gone,
I'm ready for spring… so SPRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment