Monday, May 18, 2015

It's A JOURNEY!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
-Confucius

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end."
-Ursula Le Guin

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. "
-Greg Anderson

I am on a mini journey of activities with Beau every time I babysit him.
Here he is yesterday when we went to Dollarama…
and he spotted the cars
outside the store!
He is quite the little guy…
he managed to talk me into two treats there yesterday!

Yesterday morning we met the grandkids at Fuddruckers for
our Sunday breakfast, then the kids came back here.
Mariah loves to stretch while watching tv!!!
She ended up spending her afternoon with a friend at a movie, while
Beau stayed us for the day.

It is truly a journey from one activity to the next when I have Beau here.
Don't let that innocent little face fool you… he is a busy busy little rascal!
We made banana muffins yesterday… he built houses
out of the jenga blocks… and he did many other fun things, too!

Last tuesday I picked up both kids on Tuesday…
Beau always likes snacks in the car for the journey…
and because we were asked on
short notice… I just grabbed the fruit loops on my way out!
Yesterday Beau had his bike here, so did a bit of biking
but it was pretty cold and windy for that!

Last night ended in a supper at Montana's with Jana, Nels and the kids.
Always fun but not exactly relaxing!!! hehehe

Last week we had our good buddy, Ella over for a little impromptu
BBQ supper.
Ella and I began our journey as friends when
I met her at the gym about 4 years ago or so.
We have been such good buddies ever since….
And we do lots together now… so grateful for her friendship.

I managed to fit in a lunch outing with my dancing buddy,
Brenda. She is so so busy at this time of year.
We began our journey as friends… when we both lost our fathers
in early 2000. We became such good friends that we joined forces
with our two dance studios in 2002.
She continues to teach and is celebrating her 32nd year
at her studio BSOBAD… with her year end show
coming up on May 30th.
She always puts on an amazing show!

This is a very fond memory of a little journey we took
to Humboldt last May with my father-in-law, Greg, when his
photo exhibit of Grain Elevators was on display at the museum there.
Soon there will be no more elevators…
so they are becoming a piece of history.
We miss my father-in-law, Greg… what a wonderful man.
I love this photo, too, for the 4 generations of family in it…
represents the journey of life!

Another little throw back, to when Mariah was only 2…
next weekend she will kick it up a notch when she turns 9 !
WOW… what a journey her little life has taken us on already,
and look how much she has changed… but still the same sweet
grand daughter she always was right from the start!

Here is a throw back to my last year as a dance teacher…
 here with some TAP soloists at a festival in Edmonton,
when Jana and Mariah came to watch.
MAY 25th is International TAP DANCE DAY…
so in honour of that and my TAPPINESS Journey in life
I chose to share this photo from my final year of teaching
back in 2008.

One more throw back photo for this JOURNEY related THEME
today… this photo was taken exactly 2 years ago today…
on May 18th, 2013.
This signifies a JOURNEY we began then in our lives.
This is Mariah and Beau at the Zoo…
but it is a reminder of the news we received
just the day before this was taken…
Life really is a journey on many levels…
and it is all what one makes it where the journey takes us.



Happy Monday to all my blog readers… and thanks for following my little blog journey in life! My blog is really a record of my positive moments in time…
like a JOURNAL of my JOURNEY!


I have been thinking a lot of the journey our family is on, lately. We were given news 2 years ago… and as we hit the 2 year mark, it is a reminder to me just what a journey it has been on so many levels. I am hoping this journey will continue for many more years to come!


Life really is like a journey… like the above quotes stated… it's not so much about the end destination as it is about the journey and fun along the way. It is all about making the most of the moments as they happen.


Jana has been doing some renos on her store this past couple of weeks, so we have helped a bit more with pick ups and drop offs of her kids and some babysitting, too! Her store has had a successful jounery in it's almost 6 year run of SWANK SHOE LOUNGE.


I feel so grateful that I get to spend lots of times with both my grandkids, Mariah and Beau. But I am not going to lie… Beau is busy… being a four year old boy… he is very energetic, too… so I am tired out after a day full of fun with him! Last night after a day of babysitting… I had a crazy dream that I adopted 4 kids… yikes… I know that is not going to happen in my journey for sure!!!
Good thing I woke up to reality!!!


Beau was funny yesterday going from one thing to the next. He told me about his neighbour… he said he spoke French, because he was Chinese! hehehe
He loves to help to bake and he makes many set ups and watches lots of little shows on TV… has a big appetite , likes to play and have fun. I babysat Beau his first year of his life and we have a special grammie/ grandson bond…
with his little journey of life so far.


I can hardly believe Mariah is coming up to her 9th birthday this weekend… her journey of life has been so special, too.
I still remember the day she was born and we drove to Edmonton to welcome our first grandchild… and she was a tiny one, too, weighing in at 4 pounds 11 ounces …
she has had a fun little journey. I love the things we can share together as well such as her passion of dancing and crafting together when she is with me.
She is such a sweet kid!


This coming weekend we hope to journey to Waskesiu for a special little anniversary for Mariah and Beau's other Grandparents, Nancy and Arvid.
The family is gathering there to celebrate their journey of 40 years of marriage… and what a milestone that is for them.
I'm sure it will be a fun filled celebration for all who come!
It will be a weekend of family bonding for sure and celebrations of special anniversaries, and birthdays
and just family fun times all round!



Brian and I are excited for our annual journey we plan to take this summer to Montreal. We have made it tradition to go there during Jazz Festival time for the past several years. We look forward to another bonding time with
our son, Colin and his girlfriend, Caro, too.
We love that trip year after year!


I have sure enjoyed the shows of journeys on TV… last week the American Idol wrapped up for the 14th season.
I love watching the journeys of the singers on that show.
I have watched every single season, too.


This week the journey will be over for the DWTS and
The Voice as they crown the winners of this season, too.
It is so fun to watch the performers as they journey through the season with all their hard work from week to week.
This season has been exceptional, I think.
I have truly enjoyed all those competitive shows.


Soon the new version of So You Think You Can Dance will begin and more journeys will start. This year they have a new format for that show dividing it into street and stage… with a couple new judges for this season too.
I do enjoy the performance type shows a lot… and love watching all the journeys as they unfold.


Later today I am invited to a friend's house. This gal and I go way back to my studio days… Her name is Vanessa… and she was the longest time student/teacher next to me in my Diane Will Dance Studio journey.
I look forward to a fun visit and catch up with her today,
I am sure we will reminisce  some of the journey we shared together at my studio back in the day!


Also this week I am excited to meet my newest little
GREAT NIECE, Brielle.
She was born on Mother's Day to
my nephew, Brad and his wife, Janelle.
I know they are enjoying their new little
parenthood journey already after just one week of it!


To all the family members who have had birthdays and celebrations that I have missed along the way in my blog…
I say HAPPY CELEBRATIONS to all of you
in this journey of your life!


On that note…
 here is my long winded rhyme of the day…


Everyone has one… and it's a life story,
From all of one's sadness, to all of our glory.
Life is a journey and that is for sure,
We cross many paths, both phoney and pure.
But life's what we make it, and it's all that we do,
And just what we make it… is how it comes true.
We have to believe that the road that we choose,
Is filled with such strength, and positive views.
Sometimes the journeys have twists and turns,
We have little set backs and also some burns.
We go round and round as if we're on horses,
And we go up and down  along life's courses.
Life is a journey… like a merry go round,
Depends much on attitude, I have sure found.
We can choose to get down and kinda feel blue,
Or keep right on climbing and carry on through.
Our stories of life are different as we look,
Just like the chapters of every good book.
It's all what we make it, how our story turns out,
It's all in belief, I would say without doubt.
Each story is different… some black and some white,
Each one is different, no wrong and/or right.
You create your own story, with just what you do,
And how you create it... is all up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment