Monday, September 28, 2015

FALL in LOVE with CHANGE!

"September when leaves start to blush and turn red. May fall be a time to realize what great adversities you've endured and how much stronger and wiser you are. May this new season bring loads of love, happiness and blessings."
-Rubyanne

"Just like the seasons, people have the ability to change."
-Author Unknown

"Love isn't something you find. 
Love is something that finds you."
-Author Unknown

I LOVE FALL…
for it's colourful beauty…
as captured on a walk this past Friday…
Also last week I got some lovely colourful flowers…
they are always an nice change in a room as well as a pick me up!
Brian and I even managed to have another happy hour
on our deck… not too many more of those this season!!!

Friday was a beautiful day for a walk with my good friend, Ella.
A nice couple passing by took some photos of us together
here by the beautiful fall trees… Ella and I have
shared so many things together over time…
and she is one who helps me adapt to change always!

Here is one last look at our living room furniture of over 35 years!
We got rid of it last week… and I have to admit
I was sort of attached to it… and it was so comfy to sit on…
but truly did not owe us another day! 

Yesterday we transformed the living from old to new…
when we transferred the inherited furniture
from my inlaw's sold house… to our house…
and although it is not as broken in… it sure looks fresher!
I am loving the change already!!!

Shuffle loves to lay in the morning sun in our living room…
here she is without furniture yesterday morning…
and with our new stuff this morning…
dogs just adapt to the changes they are given!!!
She looks a little 'stripy' from the reflection of the blinds. 

Last week we went to pick up Jana's dog, Jazz for a little visit.
Jazz is so cute on the car rides… we have loved the changes he has
brought to the family… and he fits in so well…
not only a cute dog… but such a good one, too!

Friday we babysat Beau and Jazz for the morning…
Beau turned the furniture-less room into a little picnic set up!
I also captured Brian and the dogs in family room…
as well as Jana and Jazz when she dropped them off. 

Jana brought Beau's bike for him to ride when we babysat…
but he is a little wild and crazy on it…
next time I hope he comes without it!
Brian, Jazz and Beau all enjoyed the sunshine out front
on Friday, too!

When Jana picked up Beau and Jazz we decide to
go with them for a lunch at Montana's.
I think our front flowers are looking better then they did all summer,
… maybe they are intended to bloom in fall!

Saturday we babysat Mariah… while Beau and his dad went to the
Oiler Hockey game in the city… and Jana worked.
We took Mariah out to a few places where her grandpa spoiled her,
buying her a new book and Swell water container
 as well as a booster juice, too!
She enjoyed browsing through Indigo and also setting up in our
furniture -less living room for some tv!

Also on Saturday… my good friend Cathy dropped by
with a lovely bouquet of flowers and some home made spaghetti
which we loved… it was such a delicious change from
what we have been eating lately!
Mariah was inspired to turn the living room into
a little theme restaurant… this bottom photo was her
"a day in heaven" themed corner!!!

Also last week I dined out for lunch with this lovely
looking group of ladies…
Lto R…Diane, Eleanor, Karen,  myself and Jacquie.
Then Jacquie asked me in on route home
to show me her new boots which she bought
at Jana's store last week!
She said they are a real change for her…
and I think they will really suit her!

Yesterday breakfast was in a couple shifts at Fuddruckers…
We were joined by friends,  Ross, Trona, Jacquie, Bob, and Steve and
after they left… more came… here are friends…
Dan , Judy and Ella…
as well as Jana, Nels and kids.
Fuddruckers is undergoing some changes too… it
is mid renovations… but will be very nice when done.

Because my mother-in-law, Blanche's house has finally sold…
and possession date is October 1st for the new owner…
it was time for the family to come and clear out the remaining things
 and furniture in the house, yesterday…
My nephew Jeff was the realtor…and it was nice to see" SOLD"
on the sign out front… but it is a bitter sweet change
for the family… who owned the house for 57 years!
Here are Beau, Mariah as well as my niece, Rowen
going through the empty rooms and closets!
Beau was cold so trying to make his short sleeves
longer in this photo of him!!!

Here are a couple of framed photos we inherited from the move…
Jana in a ballet costume… and Colin when he was 2 years old.
These photos hung in prominent spots in my
in-law's home for a long time…
they were gifts we gave them.
Now they have changed locations…
 and are hanging in my dining room!
I do love these memories of my kids.

Yesterday was the date I met Brian 42 years ago…
so we went for a celebration supper at
The Granery.
We were served by a former dancer I taught years ago.

Heddy, as well as her 3 sisters, Wendy, Mandy and Laddy,
 were all prominent dancers in
my studio back in the day, so it was so nice
to catch up with her again…and she gave us such
wonderful service, too!

A couple selfies of us yesterday in honour of the day we met
September 27th, 1973 on a blind date!

We didn't have a pic from that date…
no cel phones back then!!!

Last Thursday was National Daughter Day…
so being as it was also Throw Back Thursday on
Facebook… I chose an old photo to post of Jana and Me.
This photo is about 5 and half years old.
It is one of us when we adjudicated a dance festival
together back in 2010.
Lots has changed since then…
but our love for each other
and dance is still strong.
Jana was pregnant with Beau in this photo, too…
and the changes he has brought to our lives are wonderful!



Here it is another blog writing day… and lots has changed in my world since last week… mostly the look of our living room since then! Thanks to all of my blog followers for always popping by to see what we have been up to around here the previous week.


I am the very first one to admit that I struggle with CHANGE… and this last week was no exception.
I was just not ready to get rid of our furniture of 35 years to replace with new. I know our furniture was well lived on and owed us nothing… but truly I was attached to it.
However, that being said… we had to take the furniture which we inherited recently and needed a place to put it.
My inlaw's home finally sold after being on the market for the
past 7 months. We were able to take on their lovely leather much more modern furniture to go in our living room.
It is like new and looks awesome in the place where our old stuff once was… and in time we will wear it in and make it as comfy, too, I am sure. I did re arrange some of the Jazz pictures we own and now have them all hanging in our our front room, too. They are special to me… not only because they were all gifts to me over time, from my hubby, Brian…
but because I do love Jazz music,
 as well as the artist who painted them, named BUA.


It's funny how just by re arranging things a little our living room feels fresh and new again… so I am falling in love with the new look!


Brian and I met on September 27th, 1973 on a blind date in Edmonton. We like to celebrate the date each year. Brian was feeling up  to a couple meal outings yesterday, so not only did we go to Fuddruckers in the morning with some really good friends. We also went to The Granery for supper to celebrate our special day. We have not been there for years… but both enjoyed the meal and salad bar very much… it was a nice change from our normal.
Also it was so nice to reconnect with a dancer I taught years ago, Heddy… not only did we get brought a bit more up to date on our lives… but she was an amazing and very caring server to us as well last night, making our dining experience even more special.


The weather has been a bit cooler but so beautiful and scenic out lately. I do enjoy occasional walks throughout the city where there are lots of trees to see. It is such a pretty season… and actually one of my favourite times of year.
Shuffle enjoys walks, too… so we often go together and or meet my friend Ella to walk.


We enjoyed the grandkids one on one this past week when we babysat Beau on Friday and Mariah on Saturday. I do find them so much easier when we can have them one at a time. Beau was busy with set ups indoors and out… and Mariah did a little shopping adventure as well
as some indoor fun too.
She made up an imaginary restaurant in our furniture-less living room, too… setting up little theme related corners…
She had one called "Lazy Day"… one called "A Day in Heaven"… one called "A night in Paris" and one called "Love Bug". She turned her hoody around and tied it around her waist to make it an apron and she had fun creating a little menu for each theme… I love that she has some creativity to her… she is very self motivated!


This weekend Mariah has been asked to speak at the banquet fund raiser for the Dog Adoption where she volunteers. It is a real honour they asked her to speak… I hope she is confident enough to follow through, as she does have a shy side as well. The "We All Need a Canine Rescue" fund raiser event is an eighties night theme… so should be a fun evening… banquet with meal and dance.


My friend, Cathy, brought over a nice meal and bouquet of flowers just on saturday. This is not the first time she has come over with thoughtful gestures … she is such a kind and generous friend,… Thanks Cathy… we really enjoyed the yummy spaghetti you made for us…
and the flowers are lovely.


Our lives have seen many changes in this past couple years… and although not all of the changes are easy to take… we have learned to accept them. Dealing with ongoing health issues is difficult always, but we learn to to make the most of the best and least of the worst.
It is amazing how in many ways we have become stronger and more positive through the changes this journey has created for us.


One of the things that helps us deal and cope with the changes along the way… is the support we get from friends and family. Even though things change… it is amazing how people are always there for us through the ups and downs. I need to just say thanks for all you do everyone… and you all know who you are!


I am forever grateful for the good evenings of TV I watch during the week. I am now  enjoying DWTS and THE VOICE as well as some other recorded shows I watch here and there. When I watch the Dancing on DWTS, I think how much those people have to deal with changes from week to week… but I also see them falling in love with dancing as they adapt to learning new dances week after week.


It is hard to believe how fast this year has gone by… and soon we will be changing our calendars to October, too. Wow… where does the time go? I like to enjoy it one day at a time and that is what I try to do… and not jump too far ahead on this journey we are on.


October is the start of a series of family birthdays… which I will mention in the next blog… and soon it will be Thanksgiving as well… and believe me, I have so much to be thankful for… and through the many changes this life goes through… I do fall in love over and over
with many things!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

I love the fall and all it brings…
It's kind of like a song one sings.
The changing leaves on all the trees,
The crispness in the autumn breeze.
As time goes by, we all sure change,
And some things have to rearrange.
We strive for strength in all we do,
Our love stays strong as we age, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment