Monday, September 21, 2015

Live in the Moment!

"Live for the moment because everything else is uncertain."
-Louis Tomlinson

"Live in the moment … 
Treasure the doing a little more
and the getting it done a little less."
-Author Unknown

"Live every moment,
Love everyday,
'cause before you know it,
precious time slips away."
Author Unknown

Last night Jana and Nels were taking the kids to
Homestead for ice-cream and
called us to join them… it was hard to get a happy photo of Beau
as he was just living in the moment doing crazy faces!

Earlier yesterday we enjoyed our Sunday morning tradition
of breakfast with friends at Fudd's…
here with Brian, Vern, Brenda, Ella and Bob...
our friend Ross joined us, too but had left by time I got the pics.
Jacquie wasn't there this week… we missed her in our fun little group!
We really do enjoy the living we do in the moment when sharing time
with good friends.

Yesterday was the perfect day for a nice fall walk with my doggie, Shuffle.
I took her through the Lakeview park
and saw a few other friendly people out
enjoying the day as well.
Later I took another walk with my friend, Ella, too
 in another area of the city.

Thursday… Jana's store partner, Melissa, stopped by
with some Tim Horton's coffees and a box of donuts and cookies from there…
such a sweet and thoughtful
gesture of her!

Later Brian and I had some lattes at Starbucks...
Often we do a coffee outing… spur of the moment!

We shared more coffee outings this past week, too…
once with Friends , Vern and Ella…
and later with the kids… who also happened to pass through
the day we went with friends!

Thursday night we did an impromptu pizza supper here with
Vern and Ella joining us for a fun evening together.

Saturday… Beau spent the day with us… we did lots of
playing, snacking, tv watching doggie cuddles, etc…
we basically lived in the moment!

Saturday was the perfect fall day to take Beau to the park to play…
he enjoyed it, but wished there were some others to play with there.

When we returned from the park on Saturday…
Beau noticed the little guy across the street playing outside.
We went over and Beau and our little neighbour, Beckett, who
is also 5… hit it off perfectly and played by the hour riding
bikes, scooters, and cars, etc. … as little boys do…
So cute that Beau now has a new buddy to play with
when he comes to our house, too!

Mariah volunteered at the dog adoption again on Saturday,
and Brian popped by to visit her there.
Later when her dad came to pick up Beau,
Auntie Bev dropped off Mariah here then as well
after her dog adoption day.

Time flies…
Last Friday, the 18th… my son-in-law, Nels, celebrated a birthday.
I crafted  him a card with a nice photo from about a month ago.

This week my oldest of my nephews , Brad, will celebrate a milestone
birthday when he turns 40. I still remember the day he came into
my life… and now he has a babe of his own… here he is
holding his little girl, Brielle.

More moments in time this past week…
I got the grandkids from school on Wednesday and fed them snacks
while they watched TV...and later
got Mariah off to her dancing.

Saturday my newest great niece…
Baby Abby turned a week old… and they texted this
adorable photo of her having her very first bath.
What a precious moment in time that one is!



I look forward to the blog day posts… as I can review all the precious and special moments in time that I have had the previous week. We basically did a lot of impromptu things and LIVING IN THE MOMENT this past week.
Often the most fun memories come from
the little things and moments in time!
I do love sharing them here in my blog with
who stops by, too.
Thanks for popping by today
 to see what I have been up to.


I do enjoy the little things along the way and like to try to capture what we have been up to from day to day. Sometimes the photos do not do the moments justice, but the memories attached remain strong
and cherished in my mind.


Between various coffee/meal outings and some get togethers and babysitting our week seemed full enough!
I love this time of year and especially enjoy a walk in the park as the trees and scenery are just so colourful and pretty with the the changing leaves everywhere.


I do enjoy hearing my music as I walk… I let the tunes play on Shuffle as I Shuffle through the park with my doggie Shuffle!… The songs dictate the soundtrack to where I am at that moment in time… the perfect tune for today is a favourite song by the group 'Earth, Wind and Fire'
called  "SEPTEMBER" …
where the lyrics specifically refer to
"the 21st night of September."
I haven't gone for a walk yet today, but am guessing that song might be in today's shuffle when I do go!



We have enjoyed the times spent with the grandkids this past week as we always do. They seem to be growing up so fast. Mariah still loves volunteering at the
"We All Need A Rescue" (WANAR) Dog Adoption
and she goes with her great Auntie Bev who takes her there each time. They have created many special
 moments and bonds over that.
It has developed a lot of character in Mariah too.
So very special for her and Bev and the dogs they are helping out each time.


Beau is loving his Kindergarten experience… and seems to be getting a little more social with other kids… he is especially into playing with some neighbours in his neighbourhood … and just this past weekend met the little boy across the street from us… named Beckett.
I had fun watching from my front yard as Beau and Beckett road bikes, scooters and cars around their cul de sac.
Both little guys are 5 so they really did hit it off great!


We sort of take things moment by moment around here and do things impromptu as we feel up to doing them. Yesterday we stopped by Brian's moms for a visit, and I dropped off some banana muffins for her that were just fresh out of my oven, too. She is feeling very relieved now that her house has officially sold after it was on the market since last March. Thanks to my nephew, Jeff, for looking after the real-estate duties on that. Now we will need to remove remaining furniture, etc that is still in the house before the new owner moves in October 1st.


Birthdays and special occasions come and go in the moments of time and we continue to all grow older!
Just last Friday my son in law, Nels celebrated another birthday. He and Jana were out to celebrate that then, too.
I enjoyed another chance to craft another card, as well.
This wednesday, my oldest nephew, Brad,
will hit the milestone age of 40.
I still remember becoming an Auntie for the first time when he was born. Since then I have 5 more nephews, 2 nieces and now 3 great nieces to add to that special list!
I have been fortunate to spend many special moments with all of them … with the exception of the newest great niece … but hope to meet her one day soon.


I was thrilled for the winners on the tv shows I watch…
both SYTYCD… and AGT last week.
I was also pleased the tapper won SYTYCD …and was the first tapper to win on that show, too.
I loved the winning act on AGT… the ventriloquist…
I thought he was excellent.
Now I look forward to DWTS weekly and will get out my judging book and practice my judging skills as I watch the moments unfold on that show!



Brian loves his grand kids and his grand dog, Jazz, too.
Just today he drove over to let Jazz out and ended up bringing him here to spend some time here today.
We are sure enjoying that dog… and thankfully both
Jazz and Shuffle get along great too!


This coming Sunday, I will be recalling the date I met Brian for the first time on a blind date back on September, 27th, 1973… when I was in Edmonton attending a Brian Foley Dance Workshop weekend! We have pretty much been living in the moment ever since then… and making many memorable ones to share along the way, too.
I am grateful every day for the life I get to share with him…
and glad we can live in the moment together now as well.



This Wednesday, September 23rd… is the first official day of FALL as my nephew tuns 40… Happy Birthday Brad!

On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

I think it's so important to enjoy all we can do,
Because in this life's journey…
we are all just passing through!
So live it in the moment
with loved ones and each friend,
Make a treasured memory with
each moment  you can spend.
Cherish all the moments and all the little things,
Value all the memories that every moment brings.
Make each moment special with music and with song,
And live life to the fullest…
as you dance along!


No comments:

Post a Comment