Monday, October 26, 2015

CELEBRATIONS GALORE!

"We believe in celebrations both big and small."
-Kate Spade

"Life is what you celebrate. All of it. Even it's end."
-Joanne Harris

"A good life is a collection of happy moments."
-Denis Watley


Yesterday was a cupcake and angel sort of celebration!

These delicious cupcakes were made for Brian's birthday
by our friend, Judy.

I thought a lot of  angels and my mom yesterday , too,
on the fifth anniversary of her passing.

Tuesday night was a watching day at Mariah's jazz dancing class.
Her dance teachers all do watching week on a different week.
I was super impressed with her improvement from
last year on the first watching week…
Mariah definitely has her mom's flexibility!!!
She loves to stretch.

Wednesday was a very special milestone celebration for my mother-in-law,
Blanche as she celebrated her 90th Birthday.
She had many visitors in her tiny room wishing her well on her special day,

Here are some of the visitors who were there to celebrate with her…
As well as Brian and me… she was visited by my nephews, Sam
and Luke, and his girlfriend, Kirsten…
Also while we were there… were several other relatives and friends.
I know she enjoyed the visits and the celebration!

Thursday… Ella and I celebrated our friend, Heather's birthday…
at a nice lunch at DRIFT… followed by a fun shop at Homesense
where we took some fun little photos on
some of the furniture ...
Note they are moving toward celebrating Christmas
at Homesense already!!!

Later Thursday… Jana dropped Mariah off here for us to get
her to dancing… as Beau's hockey was at the same time.
Beau was excited with his new hockey gloves and headband to
keep that long hair out of his face!

Mariah enjoyed some time with Shuffle before going off to dance!

Friday morning I had a nice coffee visit from my cousin Gwen,
and sister in law, Arleen… (who is not shown in a photo!)
My cousin Bev was to come, too, but ended up with a cold,
 and couldn't make it.
We also babysat our grand dog, Jazz , too.
Her and Shuffle get along pretty well.
Shuffle was hoping to have a cookie off the island here! 

Later Friday… Jana and her family treated us to an early Birthday
Celebration supper for Brian at Manos.
Jana was off to Vancouver on Saturday for her friend, Melissa's
30th birthday celebration
there on the weekend, too!

Last year Jana and family gave Brian the Montreal jersey as his gift…
this year they gave him an Oilers one to add to his hockey jersey collection!
Supper was yummy including the special birthday cake…
which Mariah helped her grandpa eat!

Saturday we picked up Beau after his hockey practice… and took him
to see the dogs at the dog adoption.
My sister-in-law, Bev was there and so was her son, Luke's girlfriend,
Kirsten…. and Sam and Mariah were there, too.

How about that cute little weiner doggie in the hotdog costume?
(I am not sure who is holding him… but he was up for adoption,too!)

Mariah looks forward to her adoption days and helping out
as a volunteer with her Auntie Bev.
She has made some good friends while helping over the year or so
she has been going… above is one of the little fellows she has met .

We had Beau for most of the day Saturday and also picked up Jazz
for part of the afternoon, too!

Later saturday…
 friends… Vern and Ella stopped by for a happy hour with us!

Our Fuddruckers breakfast had a big group to help celebrate
Brian's birthday in style on Sunday!
Good friend Robin and her hubby, Alex, friend, Steve,
Vern, Ella, Jacquie Bob, Dan, Judy… and even Nels and Beau
stopped by, too. Mariah was at a sleepover or she may have come, too!

Later the celebration continued at our house…
when some of our Breakfast gang
came to celebrate Brian's birthday some more
with a fun Chinese food meal.

Thanks to each  of our guests who brought
 a delicious dessert addition, too!
 to Jacquie and Bob for the Angel food cake…
to Vern for the Strawberry- Rhubarb pie and whipped cream…
to Judy and Dan for the chocolate cupcakes….
and to Ella for the yummy strawberries and raspberries!
I don't think anyone left here hungry!!!!!

Kind of nice that we had Chinese food… that was always mom's favourite,
and nice to have angel food cake, too, in honour of not only Brian,
but my mom as well.

Here were all our company waiting for the Chinese food to arrive!
Dan was like the dog whisperer with Shuffle helping to keep her calm
while we visited!

It was a fun little impromptu celebration…
and I know Brian appreciated all the love he got on his special day.
Earlier both his sisters also popped by, too… very thoughtful of them!

I always remember my mom on October 25th, too…
she passed away on that date in 2010…
so it really is an Angel and cupcake day year after year…
I hold my mom's memories so close at heart…
and I cherish her daily, as she remains in my heart forever more.


Happy Monday everyone!
I look forward to each Monday when I recap the fond memories of the week gone by.
What a week of fun celebrations it was, too!


We truly did celebrations galore this past week as shown in the photos above. I am always so grateful for the wonderful friends and family in my life who can share in all the things we do together to celebrate life in general.


We were pleased to share Blanche's special 90th Birthday milestone day with her last Wednesday along with some of the friends and family who stopped by her home when we did. Later that day there was even a little concert in her home performed by one of our favourite local pianists, Maurice Drouin, along with a singer who works at the home, Jaime Donlevy. Brian and I enjoyed their concert, but Blanche did not go to that. I know she did enjoy all her company that day, though. She felt celebrated.


I am always happy to be a big part of the the grandkids's lives… and just last week I was able to go watch Mariah at her jazz dance class…and was impressed with her improvement from this time last year. This week is Ballet week, I believe… so more watching to come!
Brian and I also enjoyed Beau's hockey practice on Saturday and Mariah's dog adoption that day as well. It is great the kids are so active and keep involved in many things on a weekly basis.


Jana and Nels treated us to a nice meal at Manos on Friday as an early Birthday Celebration for Brian. It was a fun evening. Jana was off to celebrate her store partner, Melissa's birthday in Vancouver when a bunch of friends surprised her for her 30th milestone. I know the girls would have had a fun weekend together in celebration.


Brian felt so celebrated this birthday with many special messages via FB, text, phone calls and visits… he felt the love near and far…and for that he says Thanks to each and everyone who shared some birthday love with him in one way or another… he is a very treasured guy…
not just to me, but to all who know him!


We spent lots of time with friends and family over Birthday celebrations this past week as shown in the above photos. It is always fun to get together with our loved ones whether celebrating birthdays or not! I say this a lot… but I consider myself so lucky to be surrounded by so many loving people in my life. It just makes my life more worth celebrating daily.


I received some pretty sweet photos via email and texts last week of my 3 great nieces…  Baby Abby in Vancouver as well as Baby Jorja and Baby Brielle here in the city, all of them just get cuter and cuter. We look forward to a halloween visit from our in town great nieces this coming weekend… so hopefully I will have some photos of them in costume to share in my next blog! In the meantime… thanks for the photos you send… we truly enjoy them all!


October is full of celebrations… there are many birthdays in our extended family throughout the month… some I have mentioned along the way, while others were missed in my blog… but certainly not on purpose… so for those I missed along the way… I will extend a special wish now on your behalf, and hope that your days were all special!


 The next celebration we have coming up is Halloween this coming weekend. I know the kids look forward to that occasion… and we will enjoy the little ones in costumes as they come trick or treating this Saturday.


My mom's passing in October of 2010… was the reason I began blogging. I decided in December, 2010, to start recording my positive memories in my blog to stay on a positive track after losing her. Both of my parents live on in my heart forever, but I do miss them lots. My blog has helped me enjoy the good moments in my life along the way. I like to consider my blog as a little form of therapy for me. After reviewing photos and memories from week to week…
I realize what a life of celebrations I have…
and for that I am forever grateful.


For those who pop by to read my blog from time to time…
I say thanks for sharing the many celebrations
with me as they happen in my life!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day!


Last week was filled with celebrations galore…
So many memories, parties and more!
From Birthdays to dance… hockey and dogs,
And having weekly smiles while writing my blogs.
Forever something special and/ or something fun…
Memorable moments… before each day is done.
Life is a celebration each and every day,
Always lots to celebrate... that is what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment