Monday, October 19, 2015

friends,family & happiness!

"Happiness keeps you sweet. Trials keep you strong. Sorrows keep you human. Failure keeps you humble. Success keeps you glowing. Friends and family keep you going."
-Anonymous

If you have a family that love you, a few good friends; food on the table, a roof over your head, you are richer than you think."
-Anonymous

"Friends make bad times good and good times unforgettable."
-Anonymous

Last week when I picked up the grandkids…
Beau was happy to share the art in the hallway
outside of the kindergarten room.
 I loved that they celebrated dot day… also how about
that picture the kindergarten kids created out of bottle caps?!!!

The kids are such little happy lights in my world always!
I loved some of these quotes and sayings on things at Indigo
when shopping there with  my good buddy, Lynne,
 this past weekend!
We were delighted that our dear friends…
Lynne and Mike from Regina were able to join
us for a a fun time this weekend.
They have shared so much HAPPINESS with us over time!


Mike happend to be in town last week on business
 and joined us for a lunch. visit at Broadway cafe, too!
Our favourite waitress, Nichole looked after us too…
She brings happiness where ever she goes!

Former dance student, Justine and her mom, Cindy treated me
to a nice supper outing last week, at Alexanders.
We had a lot of happiness as we shared many
happy memories of the days when Justine
danced in my studio back in the day! 

Oh this dog... JAZZ,
has added so much happiness to our family.
Brian loves to stop by their place… and as you can see, Jazz
loves it when we do, too!

Mariah has grown up so much in her 9 years…
Jana sent us a texted copy of her school photo proof …
she looks so grown up…
we love this kid… she adds so much happiness to our lives.

I am not sure where Beau's photo from school is…
 haven't seen it yet!

Lynne and I had a fabulous time shopping on Saturday…
we enjoy a lot of the same things…
and have so much fun shopping together.
Here are some of the fun things we saw while shopping at Indigo.

I do love things with a quote on them…
they always bring me HAPPINESS!!!
I bought this t-shirt on Saturday… and I have been following
Ellen Degeneres's new page on Instagram, too…
Her merchandise line is great…
how cute are these socks… they are very "me"…
polka dots and smiles!


Last Friday… my dear Auntie Ruth passed away…
she was like the Blue Bird of Happiness…
and I always thought of  blues birds when thinking of her.
I found this little photo and quote off the internet…
which seems  like a perfect sentiment for the loss of my Auntie.
May she fly among the blue birds now that she's earned her angel wings.




Happy Monday everyone.
I typically like to do my blog up on Mondays…
and it always puts me in a happy place as I recall the happy highlights of the previous week.


Although I did my last blog less than a week ago…
I decided to get back to my routine day again this week. We have shared lots of fun times over the past two weekends with some very special friends and family alike. I cherish the times we can spend with the ones we love most.


We had not seen our good friends, Mike and Lynne, from Regina since last April… so it was so much fun to reconnect. We had gone on a trip to Montreal with them at this time last year, too… so we were recalling those fun memories once again while they were here. I did not snap many photos… but we did enjoy a couple delicious meals … get in some card playing… and some shopping and lots of smiles, laughs and happiness. Time went way too fast!


I did not see as much of the grand kids this past week… but did pick them up one day last week. Beau was so proud of the art work in the hallway at his school just outside the kindergarten room. I was especially impressed with the artwork made from bottle caps… he was pretty happy to share that one, too… and told me his class made that one.


We have a couple special birthdays this week…
just today… my neighbour, Heather has a birthday… hopefully later this week… my buddy, Ella and I will treat her to a lunch outing to celebrate that.

On Wednesday my sweet mother-in-law, Blanche,
will celebrate her milestone 90th Birthday.
So far no plans have been locked in for that celebration… but I know we will be doing something special for her,
as she is a pretty special lady.


Sunday is my hubby's birthday… it also marks the 5th year anniversary of when my mom earned her angel wings.
I have a mixed emotion kind of day on the 25th of October, ever since she passed away in 2010.
But I will be focusing on the happiness for my hubby's sake…as it is his HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Today is the day we all go vote… and as well I am off to get some dental work done… so a busy day with duties on hand.

Later I can enjoy my favourite TV night as I tune into DWTS and THE VOICE… Those shows truly bring me happiness.
I am loving both of those shows this season.


I look forward to a visit with my sister-in-law, Arleen and two cousins… Gwen and Bev on Friday morning this week for a coffee gathering here. We have not connected for a long time. It will be a fun get together filled with some more happiness, too!


My dad's oldest sister… Ruth recently celebrated her 95th Birthday and on Friday she passed away peacefully in her sleep. I will always remember what a kind and happy lady she was when ever I saw her. Although I had not seen her for a long time… she will live on in my heart.
She brings to mind "The Blue Bird of Happiness"
… and that is the way I will think of her always.


I had other outings this past week… lots of them were not captured in photos… but we did our fun Fuddrucker's breakfast yesterday. We visited my mother-in-law yesterday, too. I also did a nice walk in the beautiful sunshine with my good friend, Ella yesterday. I know my dog, Shuffle loved that walk, as well. To balance off all the food outings we had last week… I did also get to the gym a couple times …
life is all about balance… friends, family and happiness, too!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

Life is better with family and friends…
When they are around the fun never ends.
They can always add a smile to your face,
They can also put you in a happy place.
Family and friends bring us happiness…
Make my feet shuffle … doing tappiness!
Life is just better when we can just share…
Happiness with loved ones, who truly do care!

No comments:

Post a Comment