Wednesday, December 23, 2015

GiFTS of TiME & LoVE!

"Gifts of time and love are surely basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
-Peg Bracken

"Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters."
-Author Unknown

"Love begins in a moment, grows over time and lasts an eternity."
-Author  Unknown

Some of the most precious gifts in life are ones of family…
and the time we spent with them.

Above are some special memories… my kids back in 1981…
my parents in 1986 at Christmas…
my dad, my uncle Charlie, and my father-in-law at our house
on boxing day in 1991…
and a dear photo of my brother in-law, Bruce with my hubby on Santa's knee
back in the 1950's.

Although some of these people are now in Heaven…
 the gifts they shared over time
remain in my heart forever!!!

I love to wrap gifts… and here are some of the ones I have done this year.
I think everything is nearly wrapped up for this season…
Jana dropped off her gifts just yesterday, so the ones on the bed
in the bottom right are what I did for her yesterday!

I love all the greetings of love  we have received via cards and photos
this season… a couple of the cutest ones were the photos
of my dear Auntie Mary… looking Oh So Merry…
and my darling little great nieces,
Brielle and Jorja…
so Merry and Bright!
Thanks to everyone who has made
TIME to SHARE LOVE
in their festive cards and greetings!

Last monday we decided to get our grand dog for the day…
which ended up becoming a sleepover!!!
We bought Jazz a little Santa suit as an early Christmas gift, too!
these two dogs bring us lots of love over time…
 as well as some mischief!!!!

While left at our house alone for only half an hour last Tuesday…
Jazz managed to eat a full box of chocolates
(which were wrapped on our dining room table as a gift!)…
as well as a box of kleenex!!!
What a dog… so we took him to the vet right away…
that trip cost US... $200.00… yikes…
later that day I saw the above photographed little picture about
dogs at Winners… kind of timely that day!!!!!!

Last Thursday, I was invited to my good friend, Cathy's for our
second annual  Gingerbread decorating tradition.
Her daughter and former dance student of mine, Megan,
supplied the yummy starbucks drinks…
and I managed to not spill mine this year!!!
Cathy gave me a very sweet little snowman as a Christmas gift, too.
I love the gift of time and love we were able to share together!

Friday morning I shared a fun little coffee outing at Bob andArleen's place.
Our time was definitely love filled and shared with…
 Arleen and brother, Bob… as well as cousins, Bev and Gwen…
nephews Brad and his wife Janelle and their wee one, Brielle,
as well as my nephew Jeff and his little girl, Jorja!

Janelle is holding her niece Jorja here…
as well  my nephew Brad
modelling his brother's fun snowman suit!

My brother Bob was loving his grand daughters and
giving them little rides
in the pampers box as well as on his shoulders!

Bob and Arleen are very good grand parents and spend a lot of time
sharing love with their new wee ones in their life!

On Saturday after the gym…
I popped by my friend, Ella's for a coffee
and visit by her tree.
She also shared some lovely gifts with me too…
a beautiful table runner, a tin of baking, and some meaningful
little ornaments with sayings on them which I now have on my tree!

Ella and I have shared lots of time together and this week she is spending time
with her family from the states as they are here for Christmas with her, this year.
I know there will be lots of gifts of time and love shared there for sure!

Yesterday was my good friend, Gailene's birthday…
so I popped over with a little gift for her
and to have a little celebration latte together!
She gave me a tour of her very festive decor in her home…
she put a lot of love and time into that…
and it suits her so well and looks Beautful.

Yesterday when Jana dropped off bag loads of gifts for me to wrap,
Beau crawled into Shuffle's kennel with her…
what a crazy kid!!!

Saturday night I had Beau and Jazz for a sleepover…
they took up a lot of room in the bed…both laying sideways!!!
Sunday morning we did our traditional sunday breakfast at
Fuddruckers… or "FUN-RUCKERS" as Beau calls it!
We enjoy the time and love we share together…
Mariah had a sleepover at her friends, or she would have been here too!

Earlier Saturday … Mariah and some little friends were mannequins
in the window of a store called IVIVA… Mariah is on the left…
I had a hard time capturing this with reflections in window…
but I know it was a fun memory for her!

I picked out some cute little reindeer sweatshirts for the Grandkids and
decided to give them to the kids ahead of time…
These kids add so much love to the time we share with them…
From our house to yours…
I wish you a Christmas full of memories and gifts
oh so DEER and DEAR!




MERRY CHRISTMAS
to all my blog readers,
friends and family near and far!
I want to extend a big hug and thank you to all who take the TIME to check out my blog posts from time to time!
I LOVE to share the positive memories in my life
and when I know others enjoy seeing them, too,
 it makes it even more special to me. 



Five years ago after losing my dear mom, I decided to write the blog as a way of focussing on the positives in my life… and who knew I would love this experience so much… but I do Love the Time I spend doing my blog… and I love to review blogs from years gone by,
 over and over as well… five years later!


My parents instilled so many positive values in my life and at this time of year I am reminded of so many of those time and time again. Even the photo of my mom and dad with the little piano gift, on Christmas day of 1986, shown above shares the love and appreciation they continued to share with us over time. Although my parents remain in my heart year round, it is at Christmas when I miss them most, but I have such comfort in knowing they are smiling  from above and they are with me in spirit in my heart always.
It is hard to believe the last Christmas I spent with my dad was in 1999 and with my mom was in 2009…
I know they spend Christmas together in Heaven,
 though now… with other dear ones
 who are in heaven as well.


As we lead up to Christmas once again… there are always so many things to do… but the things we put time and love into are the best gifts of all! I do love this time of year… but it can be stressful and hectic as well. I have to remind myself to take it one day  at a time. Live in the moment…and enjoy it, too! I do enjoy the decor, the music and the gift wrapping among other pleasures at this time of year.
To me the gift wrapping is as much about the presentation
as what is in the gift itself…
and after all it is the thought that counts most… right?!!!


I have wrapped Jana's gifts to her family the past few years as she is very busy… and although on Sunday she told me she would do her own this year… yesterday she decided she could use my help… I just wish she had the time to share with me and we could do it together. But I gladly wrapped her gifts for her, as I know she is super busy.


I love all traditions old and new… just this past week, my friend Cathy had me over for our second annual gingerbread decorating night with her and her daughter, Megan… we had fun and it put us all into the spirit of the season!


We have traditionally shared Christmas time with our co-grandparents from Edmonton… and until now we have alternated who shares the grandkids on the actual day.
This was to be our year… but this year the grandkids will have all the grandparents together as a bonus!
Arvid and Nancy are going to be here in town for Christmas, and we will spend  Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, as well as the turkey supper all at my daughter's house with the family. I know we will make some pretty precious memories together with the family at my daughter's house.
Mariah and Beau will enjoy not only having all their grandparents together at once… but will enjoy being in the comfort of their own home. This will be their first year with their doggie, Jazz, too! I hope Jazz doesn't find any more chocolates to get into… hehehe… hohoho!


I enjoy times shared with many of my friends and family members and feel blessed to have so many caring people in my life always. May I add how blessed I am to have my dear husband, Brian,  share yet another Christmas together…
We were married in November of 1976… so this is actually our 40th Christmas together as a married couple… and every one has been very special to me that is for sure!


One tradition we used to have was a drop in open house at our place on boxing day each year. We cherished the time and love we could share together every year. Although we will not be carrying on this tradition this season… we do welcome people to call and stop by if they can sometime in the holidays if it works out. We still enjoy seeing you all, and value the time and love we can share together,
whether at Christmas time or other times of year.


Yesterday was not only my good friend, Gailene's birthday but it was my nephew, Alec's 22nd birthday as well…
I hope they both spent their day sharing time and love with the ones who matter most in their lives.


I am going to share the message on the little gift from my dear friend, Ella… it states…

 TREE of LIFE
This tree of life symbolizes our family's strength and love, with sheltering guidance from heaven above.

Our family roots help us to become the best we can be
planting seeds of hope in times of adversity.

The branches connect us and wherever we may go
traditions are passed as love continues to grow.
-A. S. Waldrop


On that note may I wish you all the gifts
of time spent with love this Christmas!


and… here is my rhyme of the day…

At Christmas time... for me, a favourite part,
Is doing things that come from the heart.
From carols, to decorating and wrapping up a gift,
All of those things just give me a lift.
The gift of time spent with the ones we love,
Remembering our dear ones from up above…
Cherishing memories… both old and new,
Making the most of all that we do.
Sharing greetings both far and near,
Oh so Merry and oh so DEAR!
Festive feelings from within our heart,
Truly are gifts and just the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment