Friday, December 4, 2015

LOVE Begins at Home!

"Love begins at home, and it's not how much we do… 
but how much love we put in that action."
-Mother Teresa

"Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends always belong and laughter never ends."
-Author Unknown

"Love builds a happy home."
-Author Unknown

On November 27th, 1976… I married Brian and since then
our love has continued to grow and multiply!

We were fortunate to share a fun lunch outing with our good friends
Vern and Ella on November 27th, this past week…
we just happened to be seated in front of a sign that said LOVE…
and even the menu had LOVE on it at the Milestones restaurant.

Later on our anniversary our kids and grandkids shared some celebrations with us, too.
Beau picked out this special cake from Dairy Queen with Transformers on it!
Kind of cute and appropriate, too… and since our wedding day
we really have TRANSFORMED into a one big loving happy family
where we have shared so much love under the roof of this home!

Saturday we shared a very special celebration with our (adult) Kids…
while the grandkids were with a babysitter!!!

So much family love was shared when we dined together at one
of our favourite local restaurants …
St. Tropez Bistro.

We received this very cute crafted card from Colin and Caro…
(her mom is a card crafter and makes beautiful cards!)
...along with a brisket from the famous Schwartz's in Montreal

We got some lovely flowers for our anniversary…

and Caro got some new boots from Swank Shoe Lounge,
as an early Christmas gift while visiting us!

So many cherished visits were shared with our family
while Colin and Caro came to see us…
Time was spent bonding with the kids, the grandkids …
the girls… the guys!

From making special meals together…
sharing time enjoying old family treasures… to entertaining us…
we had a fun weekend all round!

Another special celebration we attended last weekend was a big birthday party
for my GREAT NIECE, JORJA. who is actually one years old today!

My brother Bob and nephew Jeff showing off the birthday girl…
Jorja opening gifts with her mommy, Savannah, and cousins, Beau and Mariah
looking on…
and my sister-in-law, Arleen, holding her other grand daughter,
my great niece- Brielle.

Many family visits took place at our house last weekend…
With my niece, Rowen, and sisters-in-law,
Bev and Brenda popping over.

Lots of sibling visits and sharing.
My brother, Bob and sister-in-law, Arleen
also stopped by... (no photo of them was taken!)

We had a chance to really get in some very
cherished memories with Colin and Caro
before they flew home again on Tuesday

I have continued to drag up more of the family Christmas
traditional decor over this past week…
and the home is not only feeling full of love, but so many fond
memories of seasons gone by.

The traditional mugs… with the very special one from my kids when they
were young.
The wreath with photos of my kids when they were wee,
and the famous tin reindeer trio!!!!
So much more around my house right now… I love it all!

Last blog... this photo was missed…
this was from a couple weeks ago when I was out
having fun with my friend, Gailene.
She and I share the passion of FUN…
we love this season and have so much in common
when it comes to family, love, home, friends… etc!

At this time of year for many many years …
we have been honoured that our dear friend, and my dance mentor from
years gone by, BRIAN FOLEY, chooses to stay with us
while in town on Dance Business!
We often share some TAP TRICKERY in our kitchen…
but this morning he enjoyed watching my little tapping
Santa and Snowman while he ate his breakfast.
He is in town doing choreography…
and will stay with us for a few days.
I know we will TAP into a few good times
and memories while he is here!!!


Welcome to my first blog of DECEMBER!!!!
Wow… where does the time go???
We have very full hearts following this past week, after having some very special family and friend visits here!


What a wonderful anniversary we had this year. Brian and I were married on November 27th, 1976, so here we are 39 years later… still in love, and so full of love for so many people who we share our lives with.


Our son, Colin, and his dear girlfriend, Caro, flew here from their home in Montreal to be with us for a few days during this special occasion this year. We not only enjoyed their visit, but all the visits that revolved around their time here.


Our daughter, Jana and Nels…with their kids, Mariah and Beau and their dog, Jazz… were over each day to share some family loving, too!


Colin managed to visit his Grandma Blanche as well as see his nephew, Beau play hockey in addition to the other events that took place this weekend. I know time flies when one is having fun… and we could have done so many other things but time ran out!  We were happy for the visits from my sisters-in-law, my niece and my brother, too
during the weekend.


Last Sunday my first great niece, Jorja was celebrated in her big birthday party entitled… ONE IS FUN!
It was decorated in a Monkey theme and held at a local hall.
They had many guests invited so it was a very big day for little Jorja. She celebrates her actual birthday today…
hope it is a happy ONE!
Since she was born, I have become a GREAT AUNTIE to two other Great Nieces as well…
with their first birthdays coming up in 2016.
It has been fun to be a "GREAT AUNTIE"…
and an honour, too!



For many years of my "Diane Will Dance Studio" career,
a dance mentor of mine, Brian Foley, from Toronto has come to teach workshops, choreography and do dance exams in Saskatoon with many of the local dance studios in and around town. Although my studio has been closed since June of 2002… Mr. Foley continues to stay connected with us. I feel very grateful and flattered he chooses to stay with us when he comes to town. We go way back and have so many fun memories that go beyond dancing… to decorating at Christmas… tap dancing in our kitchen… dining in and going out together. Not only is Mr. Foley a fabulous mentor of mine in my dance career… he continues to mentor dancers and teachers as well as dance parents across the country with his famous dance syllabus called ADAPT.
I know while he is here this weekend, we will ADAPT to many fun memories and TAP into some good fun!


Our home has definitely been like a little hotel this past bit!
With our visits from Colin and Caro last weekend… to Mr. Foley this weekend… and on to a good friend, from Regina, Lynne, who is coming next week for a girlfriend bond!
Friends and family truly fill our home with love that is for sure… I enjoy when we can share time year round,
but this time of year is more fun and festive it seems!


As I listen to some Christmas tunes, I get even more into the mood for the season…and hope to actually get shopping and wrapping next… more fun things I love to do!


Next week my youngest niece, Rowen celebrates her 16th birthday on the 10th. I wish her a happy day and year to come!


To all who stop by to check out my blog from time to time,
I say thanks … I do enjoy recapping the positives in my life, and I feel I have so many! As I gather the photos and thoughts from week to week it reminds me of how much love we have in our home… and beyond.


On that note… here is my rhyme of the week!


Another week… another poem…
About our love filled happy home!
A lot of passion this past while,
With family and friends who make us smile.
A loving home just fills me up…
And love is shared in every cup,
So much warmth goes in that blend,
With our family and with each friend!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous blog.....say hi to Brian and Brian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure say a hello to the Brians for you Brenda… thanks for popping by! :)

      Delete