Thursday, November 26, 2015

TAP into HaPpY & GRATEFUL!

"The best way to be happy is to turn negatives into positives. Don't let anyone steal your joy, be thankful for what you have."
-Kemmy Nola

"Be happy today by living every moment of life, complaining less. love all, being thankful for the little things that are important to you."
-Anurag Prakash

"When you are feeling lost in the SHUFFLE… 
try not to get in a FLAP!"
-me!


There is a lot in this photo to make me TAP into Happy and Grateful…
I did do some tapping this past week… also had fun decorating…
enjoyed a few Starbucks treats… and tomorrow
Brian and I celebrate 39 years of wedded bliss...
And tomorrow my son, Colin and Caro come for a quick visit
and family bond, again.

As mentioned in my previous blog…
our grand dog, JAZZ had to get a hair cut… because he was all matted.
Here is a before and after of JAZZ last Tuesday… either way he is a handsome dog!

My grand son, Beau, also got a major hair cut…
from his hair, half way down his back on Tuesday last week…
to his new "Justin Bieber" inspired hair cut which he was super
proud of last Thursday!
I cannot get over how much older he looks all of a sudden…
Beau is also cute no matter what the hair cut!!!

We were so happy and grateful for many wonderful visits
with  my Niece Emily and her baby, Abby from Vancouver… here last week.
Here are some precious moments with my mother-in-law, Blanche…
when she met her new little great grand baby… such a special day.

A fun little HAPPY HOUR/ lunch at Cactus club… here with
my niece Emily and her babe…
as well as my hubby and our friend Vern.

An evening shared with special relatives…
Mariah popped over for a TAP practice before her dancing…
Emily sharing her special love and bond with her uncle Brian…
and us sisters-in-law sharing a fun night together.
Gail, Bev and Brenda… last thursday night.

As Mariah met her new baby cousin for the first time…
 we recalled when Emily
met Mariah for the first time…
so I found the pics of Emily meeting Mariah back in 2006,
and compared them to Mariah meeting Abby here in 2015...
A special bit of HISTORY repeating!

My big Brother Bob turned 65 last Friday…
I crafted a quick card and whipped up a family favourite …
nuts and bolts to share with him!
He and his wife Arleen… treated us to a supper on Saturday night…
in honour of our anniversary… we also cheered Bob on
for his milestone Birthday then as well.

On Tuesday it was a bit of a TREE-mendous day…
First of all I got up our tree… but the lights were not working…
so took that tree down… went and got a new tree… with  lights  that worked!
TREE-LIGHT-FULL!!!
Then the big Christmas mount began… which always makes me happy!

The new finished and decorated tree yesterday …
and Jazz getting into the festive spirit!!!
I am grateful for all the decor and fun I had decorating…
all of that makes me HAPPY!

Tuesday night was quite blizzard like outside… but my good buddy,
Brenda picked me up and we did a fun supper at Nosh… followed by
a fabulous jazz conceert at the Broadway Theatre…
featuring MATT DUSK and EMILIE CLAIRE BARLOW.

We were in the second row for the concert, so I snapped a few pics during
the concert… and after Brenda bought us some CDs to get signed by Matt Dusk
and he even posed for some photos with us too…
he is a very personable and charming guy… good looking, too!

Yesterday Vern and Brian came back here after a lunch outing… and the two
dogs enjoyed their company!
We have been looking after our grand dog, Jazz a lot lately…
I am so grateful and happy the two dogs get along so well…
and also happy Brian has such a good friend like Vern to hang out with too!



Here it is another blog day… 
and what a busy and fun filled week has just gone by! 
I have TAPPED into many things…
 as the pictures reflect !


Since my last blog… my computer has given us some grief… it was not letting me add any more photos… imagine that… I have TOO MANY!!!!! Anyhow we have now got an external hard drive and I was super grateful to my nephew, SAM, who helped us load it up and organize that for us so I can continue to take photos and add them into my computer and do more blogs!!!


We enjoyed all last week's visits and get togethers with my niece, Emily, and her baby, Abby… as well as her mom, Gail and her brother, Alec… all from Vancouver. With them in town we got in visits with the local relatives as well at the same time… with two evenings of company at our house last week. Always fun to see the relatives.


My big brother turned the milestone age of 65 last Friday… and we wanted to celebrate him, but instead he and Arleen treated us to a nice supper out at Manos on Saturday… in honour of our anniversary which is actually tomorrow. We enjoyed that visit as we always do when we get together with them, and our meal was yummy, too!


I have made it to a couple gym classes… but this week even got in some TAPPING, too! I have been trying to help Mariah work on her grade 1 CDTA Tap exam work… 

so we tap together a bit when time permits that…and I have watched her exam classes the last 3 Sundays in a row. 
I also got asked to teach the 3 adult  tap classes at BSOBAD  on Monday night. Although I didn't take photos of that… I TAPPED into a fun night with those classes… 
and thanks to former student, Megan, 
for coming to assist me, too!


Last week I did a little impromptu outing with friend Gailene… we always tap into some fun when we connect…
we did a little starbucks and shopping fun … and had some giggles and silly moments in winners! We did take photos of that as well… but I forgot to load that into this blog… so will share that in a future blog!


Tuesday … winter arrived in full force… and although it looked very festive and got me more into my Christmas spirit… it was not fun for driving!
When putting up our supposedly (PRE-LIT) tree this year, the lights were not working… I have struggled with that over time. I figured I could add more lights to the old tree… but instead chose to purchase a new pre-lit one in hopes it will light up for a few more years to come. 

So that ended up being the perfect solution to the 
TREE-LIGHT-FUL dilemma!!!
Once the new tree was purchased… it was time to start
the decorating extravaganza around here… which is always a big job, but one i do enjoy!


I had tickets to a fabulous concert on Tuesday night…and although the weather outside was frightful… the music inside was delightful! My good dance buddy, Brenda picked me up and we went for a supper first followed by the concert. I was ever so grateful for Brenda being the driver in the winter weather. She also treated me to a meal and 

a Matt Dusk CD… 
she is always so generous… 
and I am forever grateful for our friendship!

Yesterday I went for a new hair do… like Beau and Jazz… I got a lot cut off as well!!! 
Thanks to my fabulous hair dresser, Marla,
 for helping shape up my hair do 
for the festive season to come!


Today is the American THANKSGIVING… so I am wishing all my relatives and friends across the border a wonderful celebration today… I know we all have so much to feel grateful for, not only today but every day.


I was thrilled to watch the DWTS this week and see the new winners of the prestigious MIRROR BALL trophy. I have watched that show from it's beginning and have personally always been a huge fan of Derek Hough and his brilliant choreography and teaching skills… but not only was that great this year… his partner, Bindy Irwin, the darling 17 year old sweetheart from Australia, stole everyone's heart.
I would have been happy for any of them to win… but was truly HAPPY when Derek and Bindy won the whole thing this year. The finale of that show was outstanding, too.

I continue to watch other favourite TV shows, such as 

The Voice, Ellen and Marilyn … when I get the time to do so… but it has been hectic here lately!


I am recalling this time of year 39 years ago when Brian and I were married… it was a Greycup weekend…and there was NO SNOW yet. Since that year we have had snow ever since on our anniversary!!! Tomorrow will be our 39th Wedding Anniversary… and I am ever so grateful as each year passes by that I have the wonderful hubby I married back on November 27th, 1976…
from that day on we have shared so many happy
and loving times together in our marriage.


Tomorrow we are so excited that my son, Colin and his girlfriend, Caro are coming for a brief visit from Montreal.
We will look forward to some good family bonding this weekend. It is so special that Colin remembered on his own that it is our anniversary weekend, and he and Caro are coming to celebrate that with us. I am not sure what I will be able to share photo wise in my next blog, as Colin doesn't like his photos shared. We will see!!! Anyhow… I know we will take some and will capture some
special memories for sure.


My dear friend Linda, in Lanigan, is selling her newspaper business this week… and I wish her all the best as she enters a brand new chapter in her life… I hope she will have more time to TAP into happy times and she will for sure reflect on how GRATEFUL she is for having owned the LANIGAN ADVISOR for many years.
Congrats and Good Luck to her!


As the festive times are upon us… I want to wish all my blog readers all the best as they enter this time of family, friends, and all we have to be happy and grateful for in life.
Thanks for stopping by to read my blog and have a peak into what I have been up to lately.


On that note here is my rhyme of the week!

This week has been filled with many things happy…
Including my tap shoes to make me feel tappy!
It's the season of festive…and the season of love,
With many snow kisses sent down from above.
Family and friends have gathered together…
In spite of the bite in this nippy weather!
This is the season that I love the most…
So much to be grateful for and just to toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment