Wednesday, November 18, 2015

SnOw Much Going On!

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: 
it goes on."
-Robert Frost

"When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, 
I'll know I'm growing old."
-Lady Bird Johnson

"Friends are like snowflakes. All different and all beautiful."
-Author Unknown


I continue to go to STARBUCKS for the seasonal favourites
from the RED CUPS!!!
I met Ella and she treated me to a celebration latte on Monday…
Last week Brian and I met Vern and Ella at a different STARBUCKS,
and enjoyed sharing what was going on together,
while the" buy one -get one" offer was on there.

Last week there was so much controversy over the red cups at Starbucks,
that even Ellen did a spoof on how ridiculous that was!!!
She created some HOILDAY VISION GLASSES, too … hehehe
(I love Ellen, she always makes me smile!)

I photographed a pic of last year's STARBUCKS Red cup
along side one from this year… not a huge difference to me!
It's what is in the cup that counts… or at least that's what I say!

Last week we stopped by Jana's store where
 Beau was there helping his mommy briefly…
 so we picked him up and brought him with us and later met Jana for lunch.
I love the TREE in the window of the store beside Jana's…
it is made from doilies… so simple yet so pretty.

I shared some fun times with special friends last week, too.
Cathy and Kellie stopped by and we shared a fun visit
while enjoying yummy treats and drinks from Starbucks they brought.

Later I went to a Christmas Open house at a little store called DETAILS…
with friends Ella and Heather… where things were all  bright and merry,
and after enjoying that we went for a nice tea outing, too!

I have such good friends!

I had a few practice sessions with Mariah to work on her up coming
TAP EXAM work. It is a special bond we can share together as
Grandma and Grandaughter… she worked hard for me…
in our messy basement where there is truly …
SO MUCH GOING ON!!!

Thursday I took Mariah to her ballet lessons after a little tap practice here.
She was cute showing me how she could climb the walls!!! 

Mariah had a little snack before ballet… and then we met Jana and Beau
for a Boston Pizza supper after Beau's hockey game.
He was not impressed that they lost their game!!!

We had Beau here with Jazz on Saturday… while his sister was at
a dance workshop in the city.
We spent lots of time doing set ups with the smurfs and the Jenga blocks!
The two dogs sat calmly and watched for part of the time!

Saturday night we had the kids for a sleepover… and Sunday…
Mariah did day 2 of her dance workshop…
followed by  extra lessons for her tap exam.
The dance studio has a very nice tree up now which I snapped a pic of here.

I hope to get my tree up soon, too!

Last night Beau showed up in a little police outfit originally
bought to use for Halloween!
Later… we had lots of relatives over to meet the newest family
addition… my little great niece, ABBY, from Vancouver.
She was such a hit with everyone who came to meet her.

My niece, Emily is proving to be a super mommy to her new little
sweetie, Abby. We made some very precious memories last  night here.
Abby is such a calm and laid back baby, too…
she was so content being passed around all night!

My sister -in -law, Brenda was enjoying her turns for cuddles here.
We had some enjoyable snacks and visits with all who came over.

Our grand dog was dropped off here this morning in the snow…
we were to get him to the groomers later.
Jazz likes the snow…
while Shuffle prefers to enjoy it from inside instead!

Just this morning I received a cute text from our friend, Courtney…
sharing pics of her darling little one… very close in age to our great niece…
this is "BABY VIOLET"…
also born in September of this year.
Pretty cute, too…
in her little "SPARKLE ALL THE WAY" top
with "POLKA DOT" Bottoms.
In a world where there is so much going on…
BABIES bring out  the happy in everyone.


Happy Wednesday everyone…
and a SNOWY one it is at that, too.
Yesterday was easy to get around…and today after the rain and snow… it is pretty treacherous out there…
but beginning to look more like winter
and Christmas is coming!


I have had a lot going on in my life since my last blog post just over a week ago. The photos above are only a glimpse of what we have been up to around here… but we have had many things going on and lots to celebrate, too.


Unfortunately there have been some things going on in the world that are very sad such as the tragedy in Paris over the weekend. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one in the horrific events there.


In between all the fun times I've spent with my loved ones… and friends this past week… we have been to quite a few appointments and were delighted with the outcome of some of those, too. It is hard to believe how much has been going on in and around us this past week.

Jana and Nels had a furnace that wasn't working on the weekend… so we suggested they come and share time in our cozy house as a family. When Jana and Nels came with the kids and dog to do that… they ended up dropping the kids with us…and going out instead and then toughing out the cold at their house… so our offer for a family bond… ended up in a babysitting job instead… still a bond… but a different one than anticipated!!!


We had a family gathering here last night… and  it was nice to see our relatives from Vancouver… sister-in-law, Gail, and niece Emily with her new baby, Abby and my nephew Alec… who flew back home again today… his visit was brief.
We hope to see more of Gail, Emily and Abby before they head home on weekend.


The weather is chilly and icy and snowy today… but with the white outside, it does make me feel more in the mood for the Christmas season to begin. Soon I will be getting out all the festive decor and enjoying that along with the Christmas tunes which I am already into.

This week was a week of ballet exams at BSOBAD… so I was able to throw another exam theme together on a modified scale for those. Usually I do up a name for each exam student in theme, but did not have time on short notice so did up a general theme for the dancers to all be
BRIGHT LIGHTS in their exams!
Wishing them Good Luck today and tomorrow for those.


I feel so fortunate to always have so many friends and family around through the good days and bad to share in all that is going on around here. And there is a lot going on always.
Thanks to all who share in our lives we appreciate all you do.

Brian has been so good to our grand dog Jazz since he came into our family in the spring. Today he got dropped off to go get groomed… and Brian took him to the groomers. He just now picked u him up from there…and it is amazing how much smaller he is under all that fluff!!! I sent a photo by text to Jana at work to show her… but she didn't seem impressed with the cut. I did think it was especially good of her dad to take time today on this not great driving kind of day to get him to and from the groomers for them, though.
I actually think he looks handsome…
and is now wearing a tie, too...So cute!
My photos for this blog were in already… so watch for a before and after photo of JAZZ in next week's blog.


I am glad to be able to follow the shows I like on TV,  thanks to PVR…and then I can tune in when I do get the time to watch them. I sure enjoyed DWTS this week… great dancing and choreography. I do love that show.


I am wishing my big brother BOB a wonderful 65th birthday this Friday… I know he is keeping it low key… but I just want to say how lucky I have been all my life to have such a "great" big brother. He deserves a good day in honour of his special milestone.  Hope he is able to celebrate by doing something special.


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

Lately there has been SnOw much going on…
Now winter has arrived and fall is gone.
SNOW makes the driving a little more scary…
But also more festive and maybe more merry!
We've sure had a lot going on around here,
And many things caused for sharing good cheer.
We celebrate the good while accepting the bad,
And just make the most of what makes us glad.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment