Monday, November 9, 2015

REFLECTIONS

"The state of your life is nothing more than 
the reflection of your state of mind."
-Author Unknown

"Life is truly a reflection of what we 
allow ourselves to see and be."
-Trudy Vesdsky

"In a mirror is where we find a reflection 
of our appearances, but in our heart is 
where we find a reflection of our soul."
-Author Unknown


I love these two to pieces …
my grandkids, Mariah and Beau.
Jana posted this photo last night on her Facebook and instagram.
Apparently she had to bribe them for this one…
 the end photo is sure a reflection of two loving siblings!!!

Mariah had a few days of dance lessons last week, that I could view.
Here she is in tap with a little friend, named Payton.
Payton's mom grew up dancing at my studio…
fun to see the next generation
of dancers together.
Beau found the tap class a bit loud, so he is  covering his ears.
Notice he had some leftover halloween treats to
keep him occupied as well!

More dance classes last week… and Beau was a good sport to watch…
He found it entertaining to put stickers on his arm during the lesson, too!
hehehe… stickers are always a reflection of something happy, to me as well!!!

I don't know what it is about the red cups at starbucks…
but for some reason, I get excited when those come out.
As you can see I had a few this past week.
While strolling through indigo…
while waiting to get kids from school…
At home… and a few other times!

I like some of the new festive stuff in Indigo as well, as seen above,
and some of the festive treats seen through the reflection of the glass at
STARBUCKS,  too!

Friday I made some little Pilsbury cinnamon buns…
they always seem like a treat…
I even packed up one to take to an appointment that morning.

I always like little quotes here and there…
like the one on the napkin and
the little polka dot bag…
sometimes it's important to reflect on the little things in life!

Friday afternoon… I went out galavanting with my friend
Gailene… and our adventures included stops
at a couple of fun places …
above a couple photos from "Garden Architecture Designs",
and below a couple photos from a place  called
"Up Sheep Creek!"
Both those stores reflected on the festive season to come,
with plenty of fun Christmas things out…
including the beautiful trees all decorated at GA!

I did not get a photo of Gailene and me, though…
we also enjoyed a starbucks as well.

Other fun reflections from last week…
My niece, Emily sent another cute photo of her baby, Abby.
Next week we will meet baby Abby for our first time, when they come to visit.

A cute little gal named Elliot gave Brian a mandarine orange yesterday
at Fuddruckers… and then she took the red tissue wrapper,
as she was saving those… so cute!

We had Jana, Nels and family for a supper here last night,
Mariah was watching her shows on TV in the other room at this point!

Also we had the kids and Jazz here a few times last week,
here is a pic of Beau eating  a dilly bar by Jazz!

Yesterday I received some very cute photos
and an email from Colin's girlfriend,
Caro's mom, Colette. …
Her message was as cute as the photos…
it read…
"The new music movement has arrived. The name of the group is "C".
Colin Raskob has accepted his invitation into Montreals
newest and most popular band which is taking the town by storm."

(I didn't include the photos with Colin as he prefers to not be shared here,
 but how cute is this one of Caro and her mom?)

Here are a couple of photos of Brian on the living room couch
this morning with Jazz… and the bottom photo with Shuffle, too, who
blends in to the background a bit here!
We have enjoyed lots of time with Jazz lately,
and the two dogs get along perfectly.



Happy Monday everyone… another day to REFLECT on what I have been up to this past week.
It seems many of the events have revolved around the grandkids, the dance lessons, the dogs… and sweet treat outings… as well as many appointments…
(which I won't reflect on in my blog!)


I have found that over time my blog has become like a journal of the fun things and goings on in my life. I look forward to my blog writing days
when I can not only reflect on the fun…
 but share them with whoever cares to read along.
I did not capture as many photos this past week, but we had a busy and full week of events none the less.


With REMEMBRANCE day coming this week… it seemed appropriate to choose a title and theme for my blog that could include mention of that. Many of us will be reflecting on  our loved ones who fought for our country in years gone by.
We will see many poppies and the poem
"In Flander's Field"
 will be reflected upon,
as well.


Last week… we had a nice visit with one of Brian's cousins who was passing through town on route to a wedding in Regina. His cousin, Trish and her daughter were at my mother-in-law, Blanche's place last Wednesday.
I could not help but think how much Trish looks like her mom, and apparently she gets told that statement often. I had not seen her in a long time, but we had a very nice visit, and reflected on lots of cousin times gone by!
I forgot to snap a photo of that visit.

I was also reflecting on this time last year when we moved my mother-in-law, Blanche, into her current home…
it has been a perfect place for her to live since she has moved in. I cannot believe a whole year's time has passed since then already.


We have been looking after Jana's dog,Jazz this past week, quite a bit as she is getting renos done at her house and thought the dog might be in the way for the workers.
We have actually enjoyed having Jazz here and in fact having him helps keep Shuffle more mellow… she must be following Jazz's example!


I have had lots of reflections over the past couple weeks on many things and issues around here… lots I won't share… but there are many it seems!


A few weeks ago, our dishwasher pump broke causing a leak under our flooring… so the next thing is we need to replace the pump in the dishwasher… then the floor will be next to be replaced!!! I have been hand washing dishes around here the last couple weeks… and while doing so, have reflected on many memories
of the days before dishwashers!!!


I am quite excited about a couple of upcoming visits…
My sister-in-law, Gail… her daughter, Emily and her little baby, Abby, are coming out from Vancouver next week. I am so excited to meet my newest great niece, Abby, then.
It will be a special visit, I am sure.


The following week we are looking forward to a visit from my son, Colin and his girlfriend, Caro. Colin is not one to get into all the excitement that surrounds Christmas, but they will be for our anniversary instead, so we will do something special to celebrate that while they are in town. Because they are only here for 4 days… they may not get a chance to visit too many family members while they are in town…
but we will play that by ear.


I have enjoyed watching Mariah's progress at her dance classes. It has been a reflection of the years gone by watching Jana grown up in dance. I am now seeing other kids of dancers I taught back in the days of my studio… so that is a nice reflection on years gone by, for me as well.
Funny how some steps and things never change along the way. Now Mariah is training for a tap exam, so I am looking forward to helping her practice that. Once again that will feel like a bit of history repeating. I will reflect on how I used to drill Jana for her exams back when she was Mariah's age.
Mariah also began her very first ever, competition solo…
 in character ballet… she is going to be a dog walker for that… which suits her perfectly, and will reflect another love she has… DOGS!
This weekend she is going to a dance workshop here in the city called GROOVE STREET PRODUCTIONS…
workshops are always fun for kids, I recall
many of those over the years I had my dance studio.


Beau has been doing well with his hockey practices and is soon going to be playing games and tournaments.
Once again that will seem like history repeating…
as I remember so well all the rinks we spent time watching my son, Colin, playing hockey in as he grew up.
The other day I told Beau what a good skater he is becoming. I went on to tell him how he reminded me of his Uncle Colin with his skills. Beau went on to say… he thought he was probably even better than his Uncle Colin!!!!!… Beau seems to have lots of confidence
already at the age of five... wink, wink!


I am grateful for my friends and family who help keep my days filled with fun things weekly. I always enjoy the gym classes I make it to, followed by some coffee outings with my good friend, Ella, as well as some other good friends I have met at the gym recently, too.
I also feel fortunate for people like my friend, Gailene… who last week I spent a fun afternoon with. We have lots in common and enjoy a shopping outing together always.
Our sunday morning Fuddrucker's breakfasts add a lot of good times to our weeks, too…
and we look forward to those each week.
Tomorrow my friend, Cathy is popping by for a coffee. She has been more than generous over the past couple years bringing food and special things by for us. I look forward to a visit with her and hearing about her recent trip.
I am just so lucky for the many people in my life
who always help me reflect on the positives.


Tomorrow I am wishing my nephew, Jeff and his wife, Savannah a Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary. I still remember their wedding day like it was yesterday…
There was tons of snow that year, and
Mariah was their little flower girl
and looked so sweet at their story book like wedding.


There are so many things I could reflect upon daily… but  soon I will be off to pick up the grandkids from school.
Tonight is another night of my favourite TV shows, where I will reflect upon song and dance once again while watching DWTS and The Voice!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

This time of year is filled with reflection,
As the months move on and change direction.
Time to reflect on loved ones lost in war,
Then focus on the festive times and so much more.
Reflecting on many things old and new,
Thinking of all the things that we've been through.
Keeping hope and faith for the next little while,
Reflecting on all things that help bring a smile!





No comments:

Post a Comment