Sunday, July 15, 2012

A SPLASH of SUMMER!

"In summer the song sings itself."
-William Carlos Williams


My SUMMER has had a SPLASH of so many delightful things... here is a glimpse at some of the many!



Mariah and Beau enjoying a little SPLASH
in the backyard paddling pool this week! 


SHUFFLE also took a SPLASH
into our little pool for a little paddle around as well! 


SPOT the  SPLASH of color here on our patio table
on Thursday night when my hubby cooked a delicious barbeque supper
for us to enjoy on the warm summer night.
Brother Brian joined us that night, too! 


A couple of cuties by this SPLASH of
beautiful flowers.
This is my niece, Emily with
my grand daughter, Mariah yesterday. 


Mariah and my niece, Rowen having fun in the basement of my in-laws place.
They like to play store and restaurant in the bar in the rumpus room. 


My niece Emily and her dad drove from Vancouver
in this awesome red Porche.
Here she is sitting with Beau in the car yesterday! 


Here is a SUN KISSED photo of Beau
from this week over in his back yard.
HE has a tan and bleached out hair... such a little cutie,
and I love that his new name for me is
"BUMMA"!


Here is Mariah  cuddled up in her towel
after a little SPLASH in the backyard pool, wednesday.
Such a little sweetie pie!
 


Me sharing a little fun with Mariah on Wednesday...
We were painting pottery at a place called
"WET PAINT POTTERY"...
here we are holding our pottery before
adding the SPLASHES of paint! 


Warm enough to take a splash in the water behind us...
I was able to get a couple of photos with my son,
Colin while in Montreal last week.
He is so happy and content in life...
and in love with his Girlfriend, Caro.
We love her, too!


Brian and me out doing an evening at our Jazz Festival
before heading to Montreal a couple weeks ago. 


Cousin Gwen and me looking patriotic on JULY 1st
as we enjoyed our final day of the SASKTEL Jazz Festival
 at the Garden Architecture venue,
where some of our local favorites entertained us...
Maurice Drouin on piano, Bobby Klassen on sax, and Donna Hay singing. 


SHUFFLE also feeling patriotic with her
CANADIAN bandana, on JULY 1st... Canada Day! 


Mariah coloring & enjoying a visit over at her
GREAT GRANDPARENTS'
Blanche  and Greg.


Beau playing with his favorite little ornament
while his Great Grandpa Greg enjoys from the side! 


SHUFFLE cooling off on the plants! 


Sharing a little STARBUCKS tradition with my friend, Linda...
when she passed through the city on route to New York last Monday night.
We normally have a latte... but it was so hot we needed a
SPLASH of a cool beverage instead this time.
Here we are with our Vanilla Bean frappiccinos... YUM!


My summer has been filled with so many things and of course I have more than captured them all with one camera or another!


This is my 247th blog post since I began sharing them on December 31st, 2010.
It has really become a journal and is such a reminder of just how blessed I am in my life.
I thank who ever pops in to check it out...
to see the pictures and or read along to see what is happening from day to day,
and week to week.


AS you can see by my SPLASH photos...
I have had lots of fun this summer, for sure.
The above are a variety of things that have taken place over the past two weeks or so.


I have missed mentioning some CELEBRATIONS in the past week...
so would like to extend Anniversary wishes to
my brother Bob and his wife, Arleen
on their 40th milestone... and to my cousin Darcy and her husband, Jeff on their 42nd.
I was a bridesmaid at both of those weddings!
Also congrats to my nephew,
Brad and wife Janelle
on their second anniversay last week.
While in Montreal...
my Auntie Mary celebrated her birthday and her grand daughter, Elaine did as well.
So I extend belated greetings to all of them.



Canada Day came and went, too...
Shuffle, cousin Gwen, and I
wore patriotic gear to ring that in!



Shuffle celebrates her 4th birthday in July.
We have had her since September of 2008,
but know that she was born in July...
so we often acknowledge it on July 15th...
TAPPY BIRTHDAY to SHUFFLE!



Speaking of TAPPING and SHUFFLES...
This week on Tuesday I will be adding to the SPLASH of my SUMMER
events by teaching a tap class.
It is open to whoever is wanting to
TAP into a little fun while
helping a good cause at the same time!



JULY 17th from 6:30-7:30
at Dance Saskatchewan, room #3
every $10.00 drop in fee
will go directly towards a charity called
AEDAN'S ANGELS.
I hope to see lots of dancers out for that.
I am going to be working on some
tap steps for who ever might
show up for that event this
 TUESDAY, JULY 17th.



My summer continues to fill my life with a SPLASH of many things yet to come!


I am ever grateful for
so many people, places,  & things ...
my life is filled with lots of love and happiness as well as tappiness!


On that note... my rhyme of the day...


In summer there's a sort of love
that SPLASHES through the air.
Everyone is having fun
with all they do and share.
Whether in a swimming pool,
or floating on a boat...
Or sitting in a jazz filled park,
loving every note.
Eating yummy burgers and
barbequed delights,
Enjoying many hours of sun
well into the nights.
Seeing lots of people
on travels and on trips,
Lounging with a beverage,
and loving tasty sips.
Spending time with loved ones,
celebrating life,
Enjoying everyone around,
happy with no strife.
TAPPING into causes,
that soon will bring new hope,
Creating different memories
on many a new slope!
Whether I'm with young or old,
or with ones in between,
It's great to just appreciate
the places that I've been.
Because with each new chapter,
life is all so new,
Each flavor and every single SPLASH,
add to all I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment