Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TAPPiNG into a Great Cause!

"Your spark can become a flame and change everything."
-E.D. Nixon


"We can do more than belong, we can participate.
- Maya Angelou


"When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
-Helen Keller







A group of 39 TAPPED into the great cause
we were supporting last night
 at Dance Saskatchewan. A couple skipped out of this photo! 


Here I am in conversation with Kelly,
who is the guy behind this project called AEDAN'S ANGELS.
It is the the "Cause" we were TAPPING into last night! 

Many levels and ages of TAPPERS from many different dance studios
came out in supportof the charity...
and we raised 510.00 in our one hour tap class!



I was grateful for the help of former tap students
Megan on my left and Kelly on my right.
They were very efficient class assistants!  


Kelly Woodley and me last night.
I think he was happy with money raised to add to his charity.
Kelly started dancing with me at age 5...
and it has given me much pride to watch him grow in his life
as a dancer and a very successful young adult.
He is kind of like a second son for me!


My niece, Emily is visiting me from Vancouver
and came out to watch  and photograph the class last night!
She is not a dancer, but she said she found the class interesting.


A fun shot of the group from the class last night!
Many levels and ages of HAPPY faces and TAPPY feet!


This is a photo of the back of the program from the
AEDAN'S ANGELS ARTS benefit held in June.
I scanned this photo but for some reason although it is going the right
 way in my computer... I can't get it turned around for the blog!
Tilt your head and you will see sweet baby AEDAN with his father in this photo.


These posters from the DARE TO DANCE shows in the 90's
that my daughter Jana is on...
were also hanging in the Dance Saskatchewan studio!


Last night after the TAP class, my buddy, Linda was passing through
 following her week in New York and stopped by to drop off this wonderful gift for me...
on route to her home in Lanigan...
a NEW YORK STARBUCKS MUG!
Some of you might know already that her and I love STARBUCKS!!!


In addition to my NY STARBUCKS mug...
Linda also gave me a great book
filled with quotes called "BE THE DIFFERENCE"
Today's quotes in this blog are all from this little book.

The little TAP flower pot and candy dish are the ones I painted last week
when at WE PAINT POTTERY with my grand daughter, Mariah!


For anyone TAPPING into my blog
for the first time... WELCOME!

For people who have TAPPED into it before... you will know that my blog is like a journal of happenings in my little world!

Last night was a very special night for me...
TAPPING into a great cause.
In June of this year former dance student, KELLY WOODLEY organized a benefit to raise funds for a child he knows in Saskatoon born with many medical needs. He is in need of STEM CEL SURGERY in China creating much expense for his family. The BENEFIT concert was called AEDAN'S ANGELS and featured dance and music performances from throughout Saskatchewan.
He also had a silent auction at his concert.
The show and auction raised approximately 1800.00.

I wanted to do something for his silent auction and chose to offer a tap class open to who ever could attend with each 10.00 drop in fee going towards this charity.

That class was held last night.
Thanks to DANCE SASKATCHEWAN letting us use their large studio space for this event.
Between Face book and many dancers spreading the word, along with Kelly sharing his info on AEDAN... we managed to have a turnout of 39 dancers last night .
It was amazing to see many ages, levels, and studios of tappers unite in support of this little boy in medical need.
With additional funds added last night's event raised another 510.00 for the charity.

It did my heart good to TAP into such a great cause and be able to help support this cause.
THANKS to all who either came out to tap and or helped support this event in anyway.
I appreciate all the wonderful response.

It was particularly fun to be reunited with quite a few of my former dance students from both my Diane Will Dance Studio and BSOBAD teaching days.

Even my cousin, Gwen came to tap last night.
I have my niece, Emily visiting from Vancouver, so she came along to be my personal photographer of the class last night, too!

Last night following that class, my friend, Linda returned from her week in New York and stopped here on route back to Lanigan.
I was grateful to see her as well... she had a fabulous holiday by the sounds of things.

Today is a shift of energy for me. I am joining my gym friend, Ella for a little
"TEA for TWO!"

Later on my grand daughter Mariah has arranged for a sleepover at her GRAMMIE D's!
So life is always fun and interesting with whatever I choose to "TAP" into!

Yesterday was Mariah and Beau's
 Grandpa Arvid's birthday...
so greetings to him!

On that note my little poem of the day!

Lately I've been having
a really good time...
My life's about some rhythms and
also about rhyme.
I sure love it when I get
 a little chance...
To put on my tap shoes
and break into some dance!
This week I got to TAP
into a cause  that was great,
And share some TAPPiNESS
and just celebrate.
It's amazing how TAPPING
for just one class so short...
Could bring such rewards,
I'm grateful to report!

2 comments:

  1. wow what an action packed blog for sure! Loved you 'quotes, photos were great, and your poem terrific!
    Little Aden is adorable, it's not hard to see why there was such a good response to your effort...great job Diane (on both fronts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I just noticed this here now... I appreciate you popping/ TAPPING in to read about the charity in this blog. It really was a special evening of rewards for me, for sure!
    :)

    ReplyDelete