Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"SPOT" the GooD TimeS!

I saw a poster with this saying the other day which seemed to not only suit this blog post... but my life in general...


"Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important. Capture the GOOD TIMES. Develop from the negatives and if things don't turn out-take another shot."
-Author Unknown


SPOT the LOVE in this photo!
This is me and my cute grandkids Mariah and Beau
last Friday at Raskob's on their swing.


Jana, Nels and their kids visiting at Raskob's last friday...
SPOT the good times they are having here on the big swing...
or FWING as Beau calls it! 


Me and Brian out to hear some live Jazz at
McNalley Restuarant last Friday night.


Another shot of Colin and his girlfriend, Caro...
in his Montreal backyard a couple weeks ago.
I am so pleased to SPOT how HAPPY and content they are together. 


Look who I SPOTTED at the Jazz festival a few weeks ago!
 My cousin Gwen and my gym friend, Ella!
I really enjoy times I can spend with each of them.
I forgot to mention how Ella took in our mail while we were away,
Thanks Ella!


SPOT the fun in this pic...
Mariah in her polka dot suit and shades
with my niece, Emily from Vancouver,
here enjoying a little paddling pool time! 


Niece Emily here with my sister-in-law,
 BEV,
...who is celebrating her birthday today! 

SPOT the cuteness!
MARIAH and her friend, DREW
and my niece ROWEN, here on Sunday.


More HUGS and SMILES
at Sunday's potluck supper! 


Some of the 22 people who were at our Raskob Potluck supper here sunday! 


A family pic of my in-laws, BLANCHE and GREG,
with their children ...
L.to R.
Brenda, Bev, Brian, and Bruce.
This was at the potluck supper on sunday night.


SPOT how much fun I was having TAPPING into a good cause
last Tuesday night at Dance Saskatchewan.
Did you SPOT my cousin, GWEN on the far right? 


SPOT a little brotherly/sisterly love here...
 Brother Brian and me a week ago on our deck! 



SPOT the FUN yesterday when I met
my dance buddy, Brenda for Breakfast at Grainfield's.
We didn't plan the wardrobe... but notice we are in matching black and white
POLKA DOTS!




My Summer has been a whirl wind of lots of SPOTS of fun... and GOOD TIMES!

I take so many photos it is hard to know which ones to include in my blogs, especially for my blog readers who are NOT on FACEBOOK to catch the many I post there .

My new year's resolution in 2012 was going to be "LESS is MORE"
and when it comes to blog writing... lately that is the case, I have definitely not written as many of those lately... but
when it comes to photo taking, I have not really cut back on those!

I have done lots with many different groups of family and friends this summer, from enjoying the wonderful weather, the jazz festival, my son and his life in montreal, tapping, music, the grandkids, the gym, trips out for meals, drinks and starbucks... etc, etc!!!

The pictures say a lot on their own,
so no need to write a lot in this blog.

This morning after my class at the gym, my friend, Ella came back for a coffee, later today I am meeting with another friend for coffee to make plans for a dance summer school I will be teaching in August. Tomorrow I am babysitting... and the beat goes on and on!
My life is busy, and fun, and I tend to capture as much as I can on my camera!

Today is my sister-in-law, BEV's Birthday,
and on the weekend, my brother-in-law,
MARK had a birthday as well.
We hosted a family pot luck supper here on sunday, which celebrated them,
and gave the entire family
another reason to get together.

I love to celebrate when and where ever possible... so the supper was very enjoyable.

Before that supper, Brian had taken the boat out with Jana, and Mariah with her friend, Drew, along with my two nieces, Emily and Rowen... to do some tubing at Blackstrap. They had a blast, too. Family fun is the best!

So on that note... here is my rhyme of the day!

Another blog... another poem...
As I sit at my computer in my home!
Weather with sunshine
and lots of heat...
Splashes in the pool, just can't be beat!
Family and friends are all around,
Music and dance fill the air with sound.
Babysitting my grandkids, oh so cute,
Lots of activity, it's been a real hoot!
Gatherings around lots of yummy food,
Beverages to suit every type and each mood.
Occasional classes at the gym to stay fit,
Not much time to relax and just sit!
But who really cares... who needs to rest???
My life is filled with GOOD TIMES...
it's truly the best!
As summers go, this has been a good one,
It's just been filled with lots of spots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda for TAPPING by to read about my good times this summer... thanks for a fun breakfast too!

      Delete