Thursday, April 11, 2013

iSSUES!!!

The kids here on sunday...
they never have any issues hanging upside down 
on the couch!

I little FAM-JAM here on Sunday night...
with my dad's Birthday the next day,
we had Roast Beef in his honour...one of his favs!

Some pics of the last week with babysistting the grandkids
drop offs and pick-ups!

Beau when their family joined us at Fuddrucker's Sunday for Breakfast
...he is drinking milk out of the coke cup!

Mariah helped me with studio bulletin boards on Sunday, and
was in a helpful mood when we came back here, so was busy scrubbing and cleaning!
She is a good little helper!

Mariah standing
in my living room on Sunday, 

just before her and Beau
sang a little Happy Birthday to my dad's photo!

Here are some photos to represent my Dad's
birthday on Monday, April 8th... 

he has been gone for over
13 years, but would have been 87...
I still celebrated him by having canned tomatoes and toast,
along with a mini cake for lunch that day!
I always go back to the memory of what he wrote in my autograph book, too!

Easter Sunday Supper at Jana and Nels's house.

Easter Supper Entertainment provided by the grandkids!

A little visit with a former dance student, Susan...
at Starbucks!

ICE- ICE BABY!
This is a quick photo of the ice hanging off our garage yesterday,
not only are we having ISSUES with ICE...
but also with 

TOO MUCH SNOW!


Hello Blog readers... 
sorry it has been a full week since my last "ISSUE" of my blog! 
Some of you already know that I have been experiencing a lot of ISSUES with my computer and my blog along with photo attaching! So today when I had planned on doing a quick blog update, I decided to see if photos could be attached today, and yes they could... YAY!!!

This will be a quick update on my past week, for those who are not on Facebook to keep up with me there on a day to day basis! Since my previous blog... I have had a few babysitting sessions with the kids... I have gone out for some meals with friends and family,I remembered and acknowledged my dad on what would have been his 87th birthday. I've taken some gym classes, I taught some dance classes for a friend, been to Starbucks to share some coffees with friends, and even received
a belated Christmas gift!...
and am soon off to adjudicate a dance competition
 in Rose Valley , SK. tomorrow.

Not only have there been issues with my computer and blog post updates... I am having huge ISSUES with this way too long winter we are having... just when we think we are on our way to having SPRING... we once again
SPRING back to WINTER!..... GRRRRRRRR!!!!!
We have melts causing lots of ICE- ICE BABY...
then more SNOW!!!!!
It has made huge ISSUES for driving
not only in the city, but on the highways as well... which does concern me for my travel out of town tomorrow.

I am still watching many of my shows on TV when ever I can fit them in... luckily I can record them all and watch them when it is convenient. Even "SMASH" is having ISSUES, and has now been moved from it's normal Tuesday night time slot to a Saturday night.

I am having a big ISSUE with the one and only remaining male singer, LAZARO, still being on"AMERICAN IDOL"... The girl singers are far superior this year...
and I am crossing my fingers he goes
on tonight's episode of that show.

I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning to sort out ISSUES I had with a medication mix up... if it's not one thing it's another... always issues... but hopefully it is sorted out, now!


I had so much wanted to do a big tribute to my DAD, on his birthday...and when I sat down to do a blog on him, the blog site would not let me add any photos, I quickly became sidetracked and never did do it! I sure thought of my dad lots all day that day, though and I celebrated him in many ways... including eating one of his favorite meals on Sunday, and another favorite lunch on his actual day, followed by a little mini birthday cake I made in a mug!I did include a candle and make a wish before blowing it, out, too.
I shopped and bought a nice red cardigan in his honour as well, because, red was always his favorite colour!!!
He was such a wonderful man in my life, and he does dance on in my heart forever.

Co-incidentally.... the studio I sub taught at last night, "KRISTY'S DANCE FUSION", I was cleaning numbers for her just for the night as she had another commitment.
One of the lyrical dances was to a song called
"DANCE WITH MY FATHER"
I felt very appreciated after that class and the kids all gave me a big group hug!!!

We did enjoy an nice meal with our next door neighbours, Cheryl and Floyd last weekend. Floyd did lots of snow blowing on our driveway for us all winter long, so this was our payment to them... fun to share time with them...
need to do it more often!

I am sure there are other details from my past week, missing from this blog update... but time to get on with my packing and prep for my trip out of town this weekend.

"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them"
-Albert Einstein

"Focus 90% of your time on solutions and only 10% of your time on problems."
-Anthony D'Angelo


"Always look up with a smile,
Never look down with a frown,
For it takes a good fish to swim up a stream,
And any old fish can swim down."
-written in my autograph book by my dad
in June of 1965


Ont those thoughts and quotes...
a short poem from me today!

My life has had smiles and also needed tissues
I've had many adventures and also some issues,
But one thing that I've known all along,
Life is all better when accompanied by a song!

2 comments:

  1. Good blogging. Again. You are so busy, kudos to you and letting us in on your issues - you handle them all so positive. Nice tribute to your father. I feel like I know him from your words and also through you because he lives on through you. Cute, poignant poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ethel/Arlene... for your nice comment here... always appreciate when you pop by!

    ReplyDelete