Thursday, April 4, 2013

"TWO" times the FUN!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

"Ive realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anyone the wrong way or not to be fun to be around, but you have to be happy."
-Angelina Jolie

"Today was good. Today was fun. tomorrow is another one."
-Dr. Seuss




As I sit here with my tazo green tea out of the 
red polka dot mug with this saying in it... 
"Life is what you make it." ...
I am already to start in on the blog I had hoped to do on Tuesday which I had planned on calling ...
"Another TWOS-DAY", however when I didn't do it then, 
I decided to change my title to "TWO times the FUN!"

Now all that being said, I am not having TWO times the FUN at the moment, with another issue adding photos... but I will proceed with the words on my blog anyhow.
(Hopefully I will add some photos later!)

Brian and I enjoyed our Easter supper at Jana's where we   delivered our TWO Easter baskets to the TWO darling grandkids. We not only enjoyed supper but got TWO times the FUN when we were well entertained by the grandkids following supper. I am guessing they each had their fair share of sugar that day from treats left by the easter bunny... thus the burst of energy they displayed in their evening performance for us.


Tuesday this week after feeling a little TWO times the fluffy, following a few TWO TOO many easter treats myself, I decided to take TWO classes at Goodlife gym. I used to do that regularly but had sort of gotten out of that habit. I figured it was high time to get back into my 
"TWO CLASS TWOS-DAY"
 as I named it long ago. I did enjoy my Body Vive with instructor, Trent... followed by Body Flow with Peggy. TWO excellent teachers that I always enjoy at the gym. My good gym buddy, Ella came back here for coffee after our two classes...and then I never did get to my blog!

Yesterday I had TWO times the FUN... when I babysat my TWO grandkiddoes all day. There is never a dull moment when they are here, and yesterday was no exception... we started the day off in a whirlwind of activity which continued on from start to finish... when not only was the day done... but I was, too! I was once again reminded why I had my children when I was younger... they never seem to run out of energy.


I do love to have the kids one by one sometimes so I do not have to divide my attention between the two darlings!!! Sometimes they are in competition for my undivided attention.


Mariah, who is nearly 7, now, is very independent, though and much more grown up these days and good at entertaining herself.  Beau, who is 2 and a half...and all boy... is very rammy and full of beans. He is at the age where potty talk is his favourite... anything with "poopy, bum-bum, stinky butt-head... or pee-pee" in the sentence is what he finds to be most entertaining. I must admit, although I know this is just a two year old boy stage of life... it is hard to be firm and disciplinary with him with out laughing. When suggesting he go into "time-outs" for his behaviour... he would say his other new favourite line... "I don't care"!... making for a bit of a longer day, to say the least!! He and Mariah do have their fair share of sibling rivalry, too... which can be TWO times the challenge at times... especially when hitting and hair pulling is involved! All that being said... they were TWO times the FUN when we chose to go out doors to play in the snow and puddles outside... TWO times yesterday. 


I tend to eat TWO times the amount of food when the kids are here, as not only do I consume my food... but I seem to finish everything they leave behind as well. Popsicles are one thing they do seem to finish...and they have a lot of those, too. Mariah is partial to pink and purple ones, where Beau eats any colour. I also have a lot of things such as popcorn twists, fishy crackers, chocolate chip cookies, and other snack-like favourites on hand. I do find it hard to get them to eat healthy... but managed to get them to eat some fruit yesterday by turning it into a fun little picnic... and that made it  TWO times the FUN to them!

This morning I got my first hair trim in 4 months... so that felt good and helped to lighten me up a bit... too bad it wasn't around my waistline, though... wink wink!

Tomorrow I will have both the grandkids here for another full day of FUN and games! Luckily for me Brian will take tomorrow off to help me out... so there will be TWO of us grandparents in charge this time!... It is Easter break at school, therefore no school and daycare all this week, is why we were more needed this week.


I have continued to enjoy all the competitive shows on TV which I am following now... and each of those are TWO nights a week and some of them are TWO hours long to watch. I am watching "Dancing With The Stars", "The Voice" and "American Idol"...which take up lots of time in my week nights. In addition to those evening favourites... I have TWO day time talk shows I also like to watch so I record them daily and watch when I get a chance... "ELLEN" and "MARILYN DENNIS." I am also loving year TWO of the TV show called "SMASH"... which has added a second show within the show, now... so it is about TWO musicals... BOMBSHELL and another one as well... so lots of twists and turns to that plot and very well cast and acted.

Ellen announced on her show this week that after several years there will finally be a sequel to "FINDING NEMO"...and will be called "FINDING DORY"... which is the funny fish who Ellen is the voice of...and I am sure it will be 
TWO times the FUN!


Many of you follow me on Facebook, and now I am on instagram as well... so TWO times the places to watch for my photos... (but still learning on the instagram page!!!)... kind of still learning this new computer as well... so therefore am having a struggle with the photos today. I have posted new ones to my Facebook page though just yesterday... so for now, this blog post only has words... which is NOT
"TWO times the FUN!"


On that note... here is my poem for today...

Another "TWOS"-DAY at the gym...
Another effort to attempt to get slim!
TWO times the shows I watch each night,
Or make that three, some nights I might!
TWO grandkids coming tomorrow all day,
TWO times the FUN and lots of play.
When the grandkids are here, it's TWO times the fun,
But I'm sure pooped out when it's all said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment