Monday, April 22, 2013

Worldly Celebrations!

"Do what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make the world a better place."
-Rosalyn Carter

"You make a living by what you make, but you make a life by what you give."
-Winston Churchill

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is to celebrate."
-Oprah Winfey

CELEBRATING my father-law's 88th BIRTHDAY
last week with his wife, Blanche... and with my grandkids, Mariah and Beau
 and with his niece's kids, Brayden and Keira.

CELEBRATING our love of DANCE!
Mariah enjoyed watching my niece Rowen dancing
at the Performer last week and came again to the competition
with me to watch more yesterday.

Beau enjoyed a day with me before I dropped
him off at his mommy's store on saturday
to go to a COWBOY birthday for his buddy.

Saturday included a fun visit from my brother...along with lots of
playing with my doggie, Shuffle, making parade with the toys, and sticker crafts!

Day one of the Performer Dance competition ended in a staff CELEBRATION
for Brenda's birthday at Earl's restaurant.




Today is EARTH DAY... so my blog is not only in CELEBRATION of the earth and the world... but also a little update on all the celebrations that have gone on in and around my own little world in this past week.

I have been kept busy  attending a local dance competition called "THE PERFORMER" which ran at TCU from Wednesday, April 17th- through Sunday, April 21st.
The studio I work for, BSOBAD, had many entries in it,
so I was out to cheer them on off and on through the five days. I enjoyed taking my grand daughter, Mariah a couple of times. I am becoming a bit of an "OAG"
...(Over Anxious Grandma!)
I just cannot wait until Mariah is ready to compete with her dancing... and even she asked me both times we went to watch, when it would be her turn to go on stage!

Until that day comes... we will just be good spectators!!!
We did enjoy my niece Rowen in her open line number which got a silver medal on Thursday night.

In all the stages as well as all the sides of the many stages I have been on in my dance career, I continue to be amazed with the talents out there... and feel I am still learning lots of new things as I make more memorable moments in my life!
Lots of worthy celebrations!

Last week on Wednesday, Brenda, "Queen BEE" of BSOBAD celebrated her birthday, and the staff was out to CELEBRATE her following the first day of competing at
THE PERFORMER DANCE competition.

The next day my father-in-law, GREG, celebrated his 88th birthday, so we popped by with some cupcakes in CELEBRATION with some relatives on route to cheer on my niece at the dance competition.
I am ever grateful for such a wonderful father-in-law in my life... and what a role model he has been for his family on so many levels... a very loved and celebrated man!

On the weekend I spent a day with my grandson, Beau. His sister was off to visit her cousins, while I babysat. He was one excited little COWBOY full of GIDDY-NESS and GIDDY-UP and GO! After a day filled with lots more fun memorable movement and "BEAU"-ments... crafting, playing and visiting with my brother ... I dropped him off at his mommy's shoe store where she was to take him to a cowboy birthday celebration of one of his little buddies.
He was more than excited!!!!!

I sure did enjoy many days of watching dancing the last week... teachers and dancers have so much to CELEBRATE!
I remember the days when I ran my studio, and the hard work that goes in before the competitions... which brings on the rewarding end results.
Hats off to all my dancer friends for their fabulous efforts once again!

This week BSOBAD is off to Sherwood Park to compete some more. I wish them luck as they TAP into more success, and many more memories worth celebrating!

My nephew Jeff is Celebrating another birthday this week on the 26th... so wishing him a fun celebration in advance!

I have enjoyed all the competitive shows on TV... in and around all the other activities going on in my little world.
Tonight I look forward to a celebration of STEVIE WONDER tunes on DWTS... I am a huge fan!
Last night I enjoyed seeing KD Lang receive her inductee into the Candadian Music Hall Of Fame award at the Junos.
She is a very worthy candidate, definitely worth celebration!

There is always something to CELEBRATE...
so make the most of the celebrations each and every day...after all they are what makes the WORLD go round!

On that note... my rhyme of the day!

There's lots to celebrate every day...
It's about making memories along the way.
Life is a journey, and it's not by chance,
We celebrate our earth in song and dance!
There is something so special that each day brings,
And special can be found in so many things.
It's all in what we look for and in what we see,
When we look for celebration...
that's what there will be!

2 comments:

  1. Wow....it is so worth taking the time to read your blog...you always have an inspiring message!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda... I appreciate all the readers who take tht time to TAP on in to check it out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete