Friday, July 19, 2013

MONTREAL... & MORE!

"I feel like family in Quebec and Montreal, and by the way Montreal is my favourite city in the world!  It's the only place that combines good things about Europe and America, with none of the bad!"
- Holly Cole, Jazz Singer

"The love of family and admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege."
-Charles Kursalt

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never ever have enough."
- Oprah Winfrey


Here are a couple MORE pics of Mariah from our Montreal trip.
In a souvenir shop and beside the Nutcracker which stands
outside of the little Christmas store in
OLD MONTREAL.

MORE Old MONTREAL... a cute little restaurant
called Catherine's (I think!)
SPOT the cuteness!!!

A couple of Brian admiring the boats in the port by where Expo 67
took place... and MORE from Old Montreal.
I snapped many MORE when we were on our horse and carriage ride, too.

MORE pics of some of the restaurants we went to...
LANTERNE,  PUNJAB PALACE
TAQUERIA MEX,  POUTINEVILLE.
We went to many MORE places, too!

MORE yummy food...
spaghetti by Colin at his place,
a fortune cookie that said
"You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.",
The placemat at the famous Schwartz's, and
a delish menu for dessert at an Italian place
by Colin's called Piazetta. 

Mariah loved every minute she shared with Colin's girlfriend,
CARO!
We also caught a few parade like flamingoes in the street by Colin's
on route out for supper one day!

Cheese, crackers and grapes before a delicious
mac and cheese and grilled veggie supper at Colin's.
Colin was in this photo, too, but he prefers his face not show up on the internet,
 so I cut him out of this one!
This is his little deck looking down from the next floor up.
Note the skull in the background... which we brought to him on this trip, too!

On one of our shopping trips I bought Mariah a beautiful
SUNFLOWER and BABY'S BREATH... (she called it Baby's Breasts!)
... it was too hard for her to take
it home on the plane, so she wanted to give it to
Colin and Caro... with the cute little note she wrote them.

Last saturday I spent a day bonding with Beau after being away.
He was learning about money... dimes are sailboats and nickels are beavers!
He was so proud of his little gifts we brought him back...
and we made many more smurf parades and set ups once again...
these little toys get MORE play now than they did when our kids played with them!

Sunday we had a family supper here... we barbequed up veggies like Colin does!
We also had some of our smoked beef from  Schwartz's in Montreal.
Our friend Vern, also joined for supper but he is not showing in the photos here...
love the pic of brother, Brian, Beau and Shuffle!

LOOK who had another Birthday!

We got Shuffle in September of 2008...and the breeder said she was born in July,
and although we were not given an exact date...
we like to celebrate her on July 15th each year!
TAPPY BIRTHDAY SHUFFLE!


Mariah and Beau popped by on monday night...
Mariah bought a cute pair of Hello Kitty glasses with some of her left over spending money
from Montreal... and Beau looks cute in his PEDERSON REUNION shirt from
that event last summer... (he has finally grown into it!)

A couple of pics from yesterday's annual 2nd Ave. Sidewalk Sale...
taking place yesterday, today and tomorrow...
these two pics are in front of Jana's store
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE.
With the owners... Jana and Melissa here too!

My father-in-law, Greg, in his back yard yesterday,
proudly showing off his lovely flowers.



Well here I am writing one MORE blog!
For anyone joining in for the first time... thanks for stopping by... this has been a great way and place for me to share my family fun, photos and events as of late.

For those of you who stopped by the previous blog post... I mentioned I had many MORE photos to share from our recent MONTREAL trip and the above are only a handful MORE of what I have! I wish Colin would allow his face on the internet... but he recently shared with me, that he prefers not  to be, so I am trying to respect his wishes. 

Many of my photos are good ones including him!

Although I am truly a home body... reviewing these pics this morning has made me kind of miss our recent trip to Montreal... it was a special family bond this year, with Jana and Mariah joining in too! Luckily I did take lots of photos to remind us of all the fun we had. Sometimes less is MORE... but when it comes to me taking photos...
MORE is MORE!!! wink wink!

Beau was so adorable when I babysat him last Saturday. 

His daddy, Nels, had gone to the lake with one of his buddy's to help with some construction work there. Mariah got invited to a friend's house for that day while their mommy, Jana, was at work. I love when I can spend one on one time with my darling grandkids. Beau was so pleased with the little gifts we brought him back... and in addition I gave him a little batman wallet... so ofcourse he needed money for that!
I was teaching him the difference between dimes, which have sailboats on them... and nickels which have beavers!
He was quite intrigued with that... taking the money out and putting it back into the little change wallet over and over.
He loves our little collections of things such as the smurfs...
And I am happy to see they are coming back into the lime light once again...
with anew new SMURF MOVIE coming out even!


We got our "BOSTON TERRIER- PUG" cross, puppy, SHUFFLE in September of 2008.
She was born in July of that year making her now FIVE!
The breeder didn't share the exact date in July she was born, so we like to Celebrate her on the 15th...
I put on a party hat and had a mini photo shoot that day.
Last night she was so excited about the walk we took together with my neighbour, Heather and her doggie,
Sadie. It was such a beautiful night out, and we met up with so many other doggies in the park.


I have had a hard time getting back into my gym groove this week... but did go to 2 BODY VIVE classes this past week at Goodlife gym with my friend,Ella.
She also had me over for a nice coffee visit yesterday, too.
I enjoy the times I can spend with her...
we have lots in common!

Yesterday I attended a funeral for a former dancer's mom. Today is the funeral of our friend, Ian Buckwald,
who was killed tragically this week, too.
So many constant reminders to  live life to the fullest,
and cherish every moment.

Yesterday was the start of the annual 2nd Ave. sidewalk sale downtown. Brian and I went to it for a brief outing, and Jana said sales were going well for her store...
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE.

We were invited to a lovely ham and scalloped potato supper last night at my inlaws. It was very tasty... my father-in-law, Greg is a very good cook! (I know where my hubby and son get that talent from)... Greg also proudly showed me his beautiful flowers in his back yard.
He is such a sweet and proud man.

We always enjoy times we can share with 
Blanche and Greg,
I am so lucky to have the best in-laws, ever!

There are some birthdays in the family coming up...
My brother-in-law, Mark, has one on the 21st, 

and my sister-in-law, Bev, celebrates on the 24th...
so I will wish them Birthday wishes in advance.


On that note... here is my rhyme of the day!

We just love to go to MONTREAL each year.
To visit our son and share things so dear.
The food is great and the sights are, too,
In MONTREAL, there is so much to do.
Fun to go away, to get out and rome,
But also feels great to return back home.
There is just so much in my life I adore,
Like family, friends, my doggie...
and MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment