Thursday, July 4, 2013

Adventures & Vacations!

"Adventures are to be adventurous."
-Benjamin Disrael

"we live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to adventures that we can have if only we seek them with eyes open."
-Jawaharlal Nehru

"Laughter is an instant vacation."
-Milton Berle


Here we are ... CHEERS to ADVENTURES!

The CAPTAIN of the boat... steering us to a little Blackstrap adventure on
CANADA DAY!

Celebrating CANADA DAY  with many ADVENTURES
and a mini VACATION to Blackstrap for a boat ride
and family picnic!

Canada Day ADVENTURES at Black strap...
a picnic on the beach...
Mariah's little friend joined us for the family fun!

The TUBING ADVENTURE proved more fun for the girls than it did for BEAU...
he was a bit scared!

We enjoy all ADVENTURES we share with this happy little family!
Tuesday was spent with many ADVENTURES when I babysat my
adorable two munchkins!

One of the many ADVENTURES included a
SMURF POOL PARTY on our deck!

My brother Brian stopped by to visit during our day of many ADVENTURES!

Many of last week's ADVENTURES revolved around our JAZZ FESTIVAL...
here I am with my good buddy, Ella and my cousin, Gwen on Saturday.

My grandkids got invited to play with my neighbour's grandkids
in their little paddling pool... they enjoyed the fun ADVENTURES
and lots of splashes and giggles!

My doggie, Shuffle, was very patriotic and co-operative
for a little photo shoot ADVENTURE on Canada Day... and even though she
looks like she was frowning... she loved all the attention she was getting!!!

This bison skull head has been on a few ADVENTURES...
We brought it home from the Lemmerick family farm, a few weeks ago and have
been working on cleaning it up and packing it up to bring to Colin in Montreal.
We managed to bring it with us yesterday and it arrived safe and sound
here in MONTREAL... and so did we!
Colin was pleasantly surprised when we showed up with it in hand , too!!!


Well... what can I say????
LIFE really is an ADVENTURE!
Brian and I traveled to Montreal yesterday but due to the fact he is off to a slower start than I am...I decided to do up a quick blog today from the laptop computer.

Our life has been like a whirlwind of ADVENTURES this past while... and many of them have revolved around hanging out with the grandkids... and lots of jazzin it up, too!

Canada Day was filled with PRIDE and JOY... when we took a mini VACATION and had some fun ADVENTURES at Black strap with the family.

The following day was full of ADVENTURES all day when the grandkids spent the day with us. Lots of on going fun and many sticky fingers later... I was pooped!

Yesterday we spent the morning getting ready for our little annual VACATION to MONTREAL. Thanks to my sister in law, Brenda and her daughter, Rowen for driving us to the airport... luckily they had room for our luggage as well as the huge boxed up Bison head... which we lucked out and were able to ship for an additional 20.00... so we were happy with that... and so was Colin when he picked us up at the airport last night here in Montreal. We had to take the skull out of the box in order to fit it in Colin's car, though!

Today we did a quick little scoot down to check on tickets for the Jazz festival... but looks like some of the things I wanted to see are sold out. We will enjoy the free stages along the way, though. I am unable to add new photos taken today to my blog... but might be able to post to my FB page.

Colin is at work today and we hope to do an East Indian dinner with him and his girlfriend, Caro for supper later.
Jana and Mariah are flying to Montreal to join in some of the family fun this saturday, too.

Today I am thinking of my relatives and friends in USA as they celebrate their Independance Day this fine 4th of July.
I am also thinking of my sweet Auntie Mary who is celebrating her 93rd birthday today as well.
Next week, my brother, Bob and his wife, Arleen celebrate 41 years of wedded bliss on the 8th.

Thanks to my neighbour, Heather for looking after our house, mail and plants while we are gone...and my brother, Brian who will be mowing our lawns, too.

We hope this will be a fun filled little
ADVENTUROUS VACATION... and one that will hold very fond and special memories from start to finish.


Life is an ADVENTURE that is really true...
It is filled with twists and turns with all we choose to do.
I like to try to fill it with things that I like best,
And try to hang with the ones I love
and people who have zest!

No comments:

Post a Comment