Wednesday, July 24, 2013

sweet blessings & occasions

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."
-Ronald Reagan

"I'm counting my blessings today instead of calories."
-Janet Logan

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. 
Every day you're alive is a special occasion."
-Ann Wells



Last night was a sweet occasion... when a couple friends popped by for a BBQ.
Friends are like blessings in anyone's life... and these two have certainly been exactly that to us...
We enjoyed yummy burgers on our deck with Robin and Vern...
I am constantly reminded what a blessing it is that my hubby is such a good cook!

My doggie, Shuffle is like a blessing in our daily lives.
Here she is enjoying the lovely evening
last night on our deck.

More blessings...
our grandkids Beau, Mariah & friend, Drew on the swings...
and our niece, Rowen  ... all popped by on Sunday for
a sweet little visit. 

Mariah and her little friend, Drew had lots of fun together here
both outside and inside.

the many SWEET faces of Beau outside on Sunday!

Beau having a fun little bounce on the Dora rider- roo ball.

Shuffle was very entertaining playing with the big rider-roo ball, too!

My nephew, Brad and his sweet wife Janelle popped by on
Saturday for a visit and look at our Montreal photos.
They are now off on their summer vacation and will also end up
in Montreal as well.
They shared a special occasion recently while celebrating
their 3rd Wedding  Anniversary on July 10th.

Mariah is always a SWEET BLESSING in our lives...
here she is posing in our kitchen on Monday!

More BEAU bonding...watching Bubble Guppies, making little parades,
rolling on the floor... playing with Shuffle...
so many blessings!

Always a sweet blessing and occasion when Beau has time for a snuggle with his
Grammie D!... this one was on Monday while watching his TV shows!

One of the SWEET BLESSINGS of summer...
CHERRIES!

Life is just a bowl of cherries and as seen here a chair of bowlies!
I love that I have so many polka dot bowls, too!



It is such a blessing to have such a SWEET friend as Ella...
here we are this morning, in
her backyard enjoying some cherries, berries, coffee and a sweet little visit!
Her flowers are beautiful...and I love the cute little napkin
and mug with a sweet saying on it!

As the mug caption says... when the going gets tough ... the tough go shopping!
I recently have shopped at the new
TARGET, BATH & BODY WORKS,THE FRUIT STAND & COSTCO
where I got the pretty flowers!
I can always SPOT the spots... even on the TARGET bags!

My friend, LINDA, bought me this AWSOME BEATLES POSTER
back from her recent trip to NYC on the left.
I bought some BEATLES souvenirs in Montreal recently...
and the bottom right are a stack of BEATLE cards and badge I still
have in my own collection of BEATLES stuff from
my growing up years!
The BEATLES have been SWEET BLESSINGS
to the music world for so many years...and still going strong!


I always find it a BLESSING to find time to write up a new blog and share more of my life with anyone who cares to stop by regardless of the OCCASION!

My life has been a mix of SWEET BLESSINGS and OCCASIONS lately. In fact I have really taken more notice of the things that mean a lot to me as of late. It doesn't have to be a SPECIAL OCCASION to be SPECIAL for me...
often the little things in day to day are the best.

Since my last blog post, we have had many visitors pop by ... some for visits, some for meals, some just because, but regardless of the reasons... it has all been sweet!

On the weekend... my nephew Brad and his wife, Janelle were here as well as our friends, Ross, Vern, Robin, and Jana, Nels, Mariah and Beau and their little friend, Drew.


We also had a visit from my sister-inlaw, Brenda, her husband, Mark, and their kids, Rowen and Maxwell, on Sunday which happened to be Mark's Birthday.


We have shared meals along the way. I have also been to the new TARGET and met my cousin Gwen for a STARBUCKS coffee. I met up with Jana and Mariah to stock up on some stuff at the new BATH & BODY WORKS.

We made a trip to the grocery store and 
to COSTCO this week, too!


I have been to a couple BODY VIVE classes at 

GOODLIFE GYM...and shared coffee time 
with my good friend ELLA.
I am ever grateful for the GOOD that has come my way from that gym!!!... So many BLESSINGS!


I have also enjoyed some doggie walks some with friend, Heather and some on my own...
I am reminded of all the SWEET BLESSINGS 

along the way whether it is a special occasion or not.

Today's morning walk... the weather was sunshiny and perfect, while I enjoyed the SWEET smells of the flowers and trees along the way and the SWEET tunes playing in the shuffle of my iPod. I have often said this ... but the words in the songs often play the soundtrack to my life at that moment in time...SWEET!

This weekend we will look forward to our good friends, Lynne and Mike from Regina when they stop by on Saturday for
some good fun and bonding... we always have SWEET times when we get together.

Today is my sister-in-law, BEV's birthday. It is her FREEDOM 55 one... (I remember throwing myself a party for that one!!!... but I do like to celebrate when ever I get a chance!) I also recalled today is the date my brother, Brian was married 37 years ago...and although his marriage didn't last, I still have fond memories of that date when it took place. I noticed on my FACEBOOK today there were 5 of my FB friends with birthdays today... 

so lots of people  celebrating their 
SWEET OCCASIONS!


Another SWEET CELEBRATION this week was the highly anticipated birth of the ROYAL PRINCE GEORGE... 

to Kate and William... another SWEET BLESSING!


Yesterday I got around to cleaning out my fridge and pantry to make room for more stock... and believe me, it was a blessing, too...as there were many expired things and science projects in there!!! hehehe


It is all about turning the every day things
into a special occasion and realizing all the
SWEET BLESSINGS everywhere!


"Reflect on your present blessings,
of which every man has many."
-Charles Dickens


I do not need a SWEET OCCASION to write a poem...
so on that note here is my rhyme for today.

Everyday there is something special or sweet.
Something to enjoy or something yummy to eat.
Company coming by to share visits some days,
Occasions to celebrate in very sweet ways.
Family and friends are blessings, it's true,
It's sweet on occasions to share with them, too!
Snuggles and hugs are blessings as well,
It's all about the little things...
more than I can tell!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, my friend - it is always about the 'small' things - the big things we always somehow manage to pull through.. thanks for the reminder to count my blessings and stressing what they really are! Keep up the happy writing my sunshine friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by... these days I'm grateful for many blessings in my life... and you are always among the many! :)

      Delete