Sunday, August 4, 2013

CAPTURE!

"What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce."
-Karl Lagerfeld

"People talk about perfect timing, but I think everything is perfect in it's moment; you just want to capture that."
-Eddie Huang

"Right from the beginning, I tried to capture everything I saw as completely as possible."
- Norman Rockwell


"PUR"-FECTLY... "SPEC"-TACULAR!
I was able to CAPTURE Mariah and Beau here on Friday.
Mariah had CAT face painting from her final
day of Gymnastics camp... and Beau had these hilarious
GLASSES on... which just cracked me up!
I love all the moments I have CAPTURED
of these two in my life!

CAPTURING times spent with special FRIENDS...
Lunch with Brenda, Coffee with Cathy, Colleen and Gailene,
Walking the Fringe with Vern and Bob...
a sweet lunch with Robin!
We also shared many other friend moments...
some did not get captured, but we feel so
lucky to have so many caring friends in our life!

Capturing a special weekend spent with our former neighbours and
dear friends, LYNNE and MIKE...
We have captured so many memories with them and cherish them all!

Capturing the HAPPY HOURS on our deck!
Here with the DUGGLEBYS...and with Brian in his new hat!
I also shared a Happy Hour with my sweet friend Ella on her
deck this past week, but didn't capture it  on my camera!

Capturing some time spent SHUFFLING along with the
grandkids and doggie, SHUFFLE!

Capturing the time we spent at Marion Gym club this past week
when Mariah did a week of GYM CAMP...
Beau enjoyed the toys and the container they were in, too...
what a little character!

We even captured the sleepy moments in the week...
of which there were a few of those!
I am not going to lie... these kids do tire me out at times...
and they tire out also... but I love them to pieces!

Capturing moments with my sweet girlies...
Jana setting up her garage sale, and picking up her kids,
 Mariah crafting cards, and making lip balms in her garage!

Capturing a special CELEBRATION
in the news paper yesterday!
My dear aunt and uncle are
celebrating 68 years of marriage today...
WOW... now that is something worth CAPTURING!

Capturing moments at a special 30th Wedding Anniversay
for our friends... The Harts... with friends, The Orrs..and many
others last night at TUSQ!
Duane And Kellie sure do not look old enough
to have been married 30 years!!!
Here with their cute girls, Courtney and Stephanie...
and Cathy and Megan Orr...
I love friendships that have developed from
my dance career!

Capturing a special visit with the great grandparents!
Blanche and Greg love it when ever we pop by,
and especially with the little ones!
They were having fun with Great Grandpa's glasses here,
Fun to capture the little "SPEC-TACULAR" memories along the way!

 Capturing more sweet moments of fun with the grandkids
here they are having a surf boating party in the back yard...
playing happily together!

Out for Marble Slab ice cream... we ran into
our sweet friend, Nicole, from the Athena restaurant days!
Nicole has a darling baby girl now, named Lucy...
Glad we captured this moment!
I love that the ice cream cups say this on them...
"Find Happiness Within!"

Capturing more SWEET MEMORIES with the grandkids!

I love that the picture on this month features Jana
with Martial arts trainer, Troy Scheer.
The caption says this...
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege
it is to be alive- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
-Marcus Aurelius

Also here are many Captured photos of shoes
worn by Jana's staff... now featured on
her SWANK SHOE LOUNGE walls.
Those photos were captured by
Chelsea Klette Photography.

This morning Beau and his daddy came to get
their stroller from our garage to sell in their garage sale today.
I just happened to capture Beau in this cute pic...
he is "almost done being two" as he puts it
...and will be celebrating
his THIRD BIRTHDAY this week on Thursday...
I love all the memories we are able to CAPTURE along the way!



Well... where do I begin?
I guess I could say that the long lapse in my blog posts is due to all the events going on in our lives these days... and thankfully I have CAPTURED many of them along the way.

I know I drive my family a little crazy at times when I pull out my iphone and or my camera to CAPTURE every little thing
  in our lives from day to day... but my philosophy is this...
You have to live in the moment, and try to CAPTURE as many or those moments as you can as you live them!
Life truly is what you make it...
so why not enjoy it and capture it?!

Because our lives have been a whirlwind of events and sharing those with so many friends and family members... I decided I would just highlight some of the things we have been up to in point form since my last blog post, seeing as I have sort of CAPTURED it in the photos above!


We have been doing lunches, suppers, coffees, ice creams, happy hours, going to the gym, and to 
gymnastics camp, friend bonding, shopping, babysitting, dog walking, fringe festival -ing, card making, photo taking and printing, poem writing, garage sale preps, lip balm making, trips to the strawberry ranch, special occasion celebrations...
LIVING, LOVING and LAUGHING... and
CAPTURING it as much as possible along the way!

Today on my Facebook I saw this quote witch really sums
up much of my life...

"OPTIMIST:
Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster,
it's a cha-cha!"
-Robert Brault

Today I am thinking my special Aunt and Uncle who celebrate their 68th year of marriage. I wish them so much love  as they are and always have been so dear to me.
On the 7th my cousin Gwen celebrates another birthday,
and on the 8th my fun loving grandson, Beau will be 3...
So I wish them all special memories and I hope they get CAPTURED on their special days!

On that note...
a short poem today!

I try to capture every minute of each day...
In a memory or a photograph before it slips away.
The memories are captured so they live on longer,
Capturing the photos keeps them living on much stronger.
Whether it's the special... or just the simplest of things...
Capturing each moment, can share what each day brings.
I try to make the least of bad ,
and of good I make the most,
And I capture the things that make me proud...
and share them as I boast!

No comments:

Post a Comment