Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A CUP of SUNSHINE & MEMORIES

"Take life one cup at a time."
-Author unknown

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
Those are trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
-Joseph Addison

"Love lives on forever in each memory and thought of those who've shared our lives and all the happiness they've brought."
-Author unknown

Here is a darling MEMORY dating back to the 1950's!
Above is my hubby, Brian on the right, with his
brother, Bruce on the left... enjoying the SUNSHINE!

Sadly... we lost BRUCE
on this past Sunday, August, 11th,
following his courageous battle with cancer.
We will now cherish all our MEMORIES of him
as we look up to the SUNSHINE in the sky!

Another SUNSHINY moment and comparison
of LOVE shared between
Grand daughters and their Grandpas...
photos taken earlier this week of Mariah with Brian,
and Jana with Greg...
4 generations of MEMORABLE LOVE.

Sharing CUPS of FRIENDSHIP
in the SUNSHINE!
Above Brian and his friend, Steve...
My friend, Kristy and me...
and friends, Ella, Linda and I all enjoying
our tasty coffees!

More FRIENDSHIP shared in the SUNNY
backyard of my friend's last friday.
Here with my dance student, Stephanie
 and her little boy, Connor, and her mom, Sharon.
We enjoyed many MEMORIES over a few CUPS of Coffee!

Sunday morning breakfast was shared at Fuddruckers'
with our friends... Jacquie, Bob,
and his son, Danny and wife, Judy.

Any coffees shared with my good buddy, Linda...
are like a CUP of SUNSHINE and fun filled MEMORIES always.

Lots of funny and SUNNY MEMORIES were shared
on Monday night with Jana, her friend, Shelane,
and the kids...Mariah, Beau and Braxton...
at the Jasmine restaurant .

We have had many moments to enjoy
CUPS of SUNSHINE & MEMORIES 
this past week.

We received these beautiful flowers as well,
which always add SUNSHINE anywhere.
Thanks to our friends who sent those.


Whether you are a regular reader or a newcomer to my blog... thanks for popping by!

I like to think of my blog as my own little personal journal and journey through life with memories and stories along the way. I try to share what has recently taken place in my life since the previous post... and as always take an abundance of photos to share. I originally planned to share a blog post on Sunday and was going to include my many coffee outings in it which I still have...
but the most 
prominent event since my intention to write that, was the unfortunate passing of my  brother-in-law, Bruce, on Sunday, August 11th.

I have been so fortunate to share many outings with friends and relatives over this past week following my last post and tribute to my birthday boy, Beau,
 who is now done being 2 and onto being 3!

As well as the photos above, we have shared lots of family times...very many tears and hugs in all our memories of Bruce. He lived in Vancouver but his parents and siblings all live here ... therefore the celebration of his life is to be in town... at a later date.

When I sent a message to Bruce's kids, Alec and Emily, they seemed to be handling things fairly well so far.
Emily shared that on her final visit to see her dad this past Saturday night it was raining out, and as they left the hospital the SUN came out...
and she went on to say
it was as if her dad was saying
he had reached his better place.

Now as I look up to the SUNSHINE I will definitely think of my brother -in-law, Bruce...
and we will remember him fondly.

Two years ago today my dear Auntie Frances passed away, and I think of her often as well, especially on this date.
Later this week we will be remembering our dear friend, Jaime, who passed away at the early age of 15 in 1994.

So it is with mixed emotions this blog post comes today...

On a happier note, I am thinking of all those who will be enjoying the Paul McCartney concert tonight in Regina.
I saw him in concert in November when he toured through Edmonton. I loved his concert and have and always will be a big fan of him and his music.

Yesterday words from one of his songs was quoted in our local newspaper which kind of sums up my thoughts for today's blog...
From his 2007 album  "MEMORY ALMOST FULL",
the song entitled "End of the End"...
"On the day that I die, I'd like jokes to be told,and stories of old to be rolled out like carpets that children have played on."

I found that song and posted it to my
Facebook page today as well.

So with fond MEMORIES of
SUNSHINE...
and so much more, my poem of the day!

Life is so precious and MEMORIES fill it up...
Like SUNSHINE in the sky, and coffee in a CUP.
Every minute makes a memory, but only some live on,
The special things are what we hold
...long after they are gone.
Visits with family and with each and every friend,
Help the days seem brighter from the start to end.
Our strength can come from looking
to the sunshine up above,
And sharing all the little things
with the ones we love.


No comments:

Post a Comment