Thursday, August 8, 2013

GooD BiRTHDAY FuN!

"Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
-Jean Paul

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."
-Dr. Seuss

"All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much."
-George Harrison


Today is BEAU'S 3rd Birthday...
Here is the little card I crafted to give him today with
a photo taken at an early celebration for him this past Sunday!

Here we are all enjoying the SPEC-TACULAR
FUN BIRTHDAY PARTY Glasses from Target!

Here are the kids looking adorable in the Cupcake glasses
at Sunday's early Birthday celebration for Beau at  their house.

All GOOD FUN!... Cupcakes, skate boards, presents, glasses and more!

Mariah enjoying the celebrations, too...
and a special hug for her
poppa!

3 candles on the cupcakes!

A fun little coffee celebration on Monday with former
dance student, DAWN, who was in town visiting her mom
with her son, Adam. Dawn is the owner of
MARTINO DANCE CENTRE
in Brampton, Ontario
for the past 20 years.
I was GOOD FUN to catch up with them after a long
lapse of time!

Another BIRTHDAY get together...
this was also on Monday and was a delicious
lunch at "Botega Restaurant"
as a B-lated celebration for my sister-in-law,
BEV who celebrated her actual day in July.
Sister-in-law, Brenda and I also did traditional
Birthday lunches for our days back in January, too!

Yesterday was my cousin, Gwen's BIRTHDAY, too.
We shared a fun filled day of cousin-birthday bonding...
here we are wearing the SPECTACULAR Birthday glasses
at our lunch outing at
"COFFEE'S ON FOOD EMPORIUM"

I had cake twice yesterday...
And although this was for no one's birthday... it was certainly delicious!
We got invited to our good friend Vern's for supper and
brought along a carrot cake from CALORIES on
Broadway... YUMMM!!!

Today I happened to notice this on my FB page...
this famous photo featured on the BEATLES ABBY ROAD album
was taken on AUGUST 8th 1969!

Beau making a wish before blowing out the 
THREE CANDLES!

In the summer of 2010 we highly anticipated the birth of our second grandchild. Jana found out she was having a baby boy and had the name BEAU picked out in advance. Her due date was August 7th... but early in July her Dr. told her to be prepared because this baby would likely arrive around July 15th. So from that date onward it was a BIG WAIT... infact my daily status on Facebook kept everyone reading it, anxious too! But as all babies do... they come when they are ready... and our little grandson did exactly that making his grand debut one day after the original due date...
it truly was a BEAU-nus when he finally arrived!

THREE years later it seemed as though we went through the same anticipation of Beau's 3rd birthday to come! He has pretty much been reminding us of his AUGUST 8th BIRTHDATE coming up for a while now. He has continued to tell us how  he is almost done being two and ready to be three! He really is such a sweet little guy and what a character he is!

We decided to do an early impromptu birthday celebration for him this past Sunday at his house. Jana and Nels had a lovely barbeque supper followed by Beau's gifts and some cupcakes to make it complete! Later today BEAU will be celebrated again at some relatives on the Pederson side of the family... at the WAPPLES. We have called him to wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY this morning as well.

As mentioned in the photos above I celebrated a couple of other special birthdays this week... my cousin, Gwen yesterday and a belated celebration for my sister-in-law, Bev earlier this week, too.

I pretty much enjoy any outings and visits with friends and turn them into celebrations of sorts by taking more photos of them and storing them for future memories!

As well this past week I have connected with my good friend, Ella at the gym and for coffee afterward. We are always a bit sweaty for photos following our workouts!

Tomorrow I look forward to connecting with another former dance student, Stephanie, while she is also home visiting from her home in Toronto. So that is two former dance students in one week... both from the Toronto area... and both Dance Studio owners themselves now...
lots to celebrate... ALWAYS... GOOD FUN!

So as the GOOD FUN... and BIRTHDAYS continue
...here is my RHYME of the day!

I love a celebration for this and for that...
I love to wear glasses or a party hat!
I love to eat cake for any occasion,
For me it doesn't take any kind of persuasion.
I love it when life is going really great,
YEP... I love a reason to just celebrate!
Today is a day for more BIRTHDAY FUN...
For my dear little BEAU,
who's THREE... now TWO'S done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment