Thursday, January 2, 2014

Just CELEBRATE!

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make everyday a holiday and celebrate just living."
-Amanda Bradley

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, there more there is in life to celebrate."
-Oprah Winfrey

"Remember this moment. Cherish this story. 
Celebrate this life."
-Author Unknown

HaPpY NeW YeAr...
Here we are CELEBRATING at friend's New Year's Eve party.

Our friends, JACQUIE & BOB,
 hosted their annual New Year's Eve party
...and it was a wonderful CELEBRATION!

BOB and JACQIE are such gracious hosts...
they know how to turn a party into a CELEBRATION!

More moments of Celebration at the party...
here with friends, Ella and Sylvia.

Any time the grandkids come by to say hi is a day to CELEBRATE!
Here are Mariah and Beau here yesterday...
Mariah fell asleep on the couch while Beau played happily with the
little bucket of toys!

Our next door neighbours, Floyd and Cheryl dropped by
yesterday to help us celebrate on the first day of the new year!

Today I am once again celebrating my dad's life...
he passed away 14 years ago today...
here are some special memories of him.

Two special gifts from Christmas time...
a sweet photo from Melissa, Jana's work partner... and
a sign for Hope from my friend, Brenda.
Live for today, hope for tomorrow!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

At the beginning of each year it is always a big CELEBRATION for many reasons....

First of all I am CELEBRATING 3 full years of sharing my daily life CELEBRATIONS with you here on my blog... which
 I enjoy to do. Not only is it a way for me to share with you, it is a way of me to reflect back on all the simple to special occasions in my life, too!

When I began writing my blog it was a way to keep track of positives shortly after losing my mom in October, 2010.

Today is a reflection on the day I lost my dad back in 2000. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I had received a nice photo box for Christmas in 1999, from my in laws, not realizing how it would hold the treasures of my dad's life.
Now that photo box has sat in the same spot on my living room shelf for 14 years. Not a day goes by that I don't look at the photo in it and remember all the wonderful memories of my dad. Inside the box are more memories of him... such as the sympathy cards I received after his sudden passing. I also had a sign which was posted on my studio bulletin board. My dad always put the taps on the shoes of the young dancers I taught at my studio... no one could do it like he could. There were just so many things my dad was great at... but mostly I remember him for his positive outlook on life in general... to him every day was like a celebration, and his spirit lives on in me as I carry that outlook.
My dad was the most amazing dad I could have ever hoped for, and he will remain in my heart forever, as I continue to JUST CELEBRATE day to day.

We rang in the new year at our friends, Bob and Jacquie's on Dec. 31st. They have hosted a lovely party for the past several years. We always feel special to be included in those and help them CELEBRATE as they ring in the new year to come. Jacquie cooks a lot of yummy food in prep and it is always a great evening of CELEBRATION
in their beautiful condo.

January is a month of many CELEBRATIONS for our family.
Not only is it the month I was born... it is the month i gave birth to both of my children... So it is the month we all get to CELEBRATE just being here... which is a pretty significant CELEBRATION!

Although 2013 had many bright sides to it... it also had some not quite as bright as well... so I look forward to welcoming the brand new year of 2014 with open arms in hopes of brighter things to come...and many more reasons to
JUST CELEBRATE!

I am ever grateful for the many people and things in my life... so many reasons to CELEBRATE every day... sometimes it is the simple things that are the most special, too!

So to all my blog readers near and far...
Here's To A Happy 2014... and
lots of CELEBRATION moments to come...

I love to read quotes, take photos, and write poetry... all things worth CELEBRATING... so on that note,
here is my rhyme of today!

Another year has come and gone,
But the fondest memories live on and on.
From simple to special I like to celebrate,
Whether it's little, or whether it's great.
I celebrate each passing day,
And things as they happen along the way.
Life is a celebration right from the start...
And Celebrations... like memories
live on in the heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment