Monday, March 24, 2014

FOCUS on the POSITIVES!

"One small positive thought in the morning 
can change your whole day."
-Author Unknown

"At the end of the day, you can focus on 
what's tearing you apart or what's holding you together. 
Be positive, be strong, move forward."
-Author Unknown

"Choosing to be positive and grateful for 
what you have now is going to determine 
how you're going to live the rest of your life."
-Suman Rai


Thursday was the first day of SPRING...
we had our friend, Ella over for some chilli...
and she brought a little package
and card to wish us HAPPY SPRING!

To celebrate the warmer weather and beginning of SPRING...
I took Shuffle out in her new sweater knit coat...
I got a chance to splash through some puddles along the way
too in my red Hunter rubber boots!
"SPRING it ON!"

Last Wednesday I met my brother Brian and cousins,
Gwen and Bev at St. Paul's hospital for our last visit with my dear
Uncle Charlie.
The picture below is one from a couple years ago with
my smiling Uncle in his healthier days!
I was so grateful we were able to see him  and
give him one last little kiss goodbye.

I have had Beau here a couple times this week... and he has enjoyed some good
SNURFIN' POOL PARTIES each time.
I always enjoy the times I can share with each of my sweet grandkids,
they are always a positive in my life!

My chilli from Thursday... and a couple outings here...
Brian and I made it to DQ for sundaes last week,
and we also got invited by Mariah
to take her for lunch on Friday...
and we enjoyed another trip to Boston Pizza
with her for her very fast hour long lunch break.

Saturday I enjoyed another positive little outing with my friend, Ella,
to the Home Show where we met up with my neighbour, Heather and her mom.
We picked up lots of samples and treats along the way!
We enjoyed Scott McGillvray,  there as well.


Our Sunday morning Fuddrucker's breakfast group was not as large as last week,
but just as we were ready to leave, Beau and his parents came.
Mariah enjoyed a little sleepover at her friend's so she didn't come this week!

Here is a sweet pic of my cousins, Bev, Pat and Gwen...
along with my Uncle Charlie and Auntie Mary
last June when celebrating my
 Uncle Charlie's 90th
Birthday.

SADLY...
 my uncle passed away this past Friday,
but we will all remember him for
the "POSTIVE FOCUS"
 he always had and shared in life.


Once again another week has passed in my life and it was one that had many ups and downs in it...
in fact my life was 
"SPINNING"... literally!
I do enjoy the chance to blog about the POSITIVES in my life always as a form of therapy for me.
There are always positives going on in among all the other things in my life, it seems... and for those I am always grateful.

I was diagnosed with a symptom called
"Benign Positional Vertigo" just a week ago...and am happy to report that after going to a place called
"North 49 Balance Dizziness Centre"
I was able to put some BALANCE back into my life!

This past week was one of many things, lots revolving around hospital visits. My Father-in-law, Greg just got out of University Hospital following a 10 day stay with pneumonia, and heart symptoms. He was so happy to return home to his dear wife, Blanche. They will now have home care hep.


I also visited my dear Uncle Charlie on Wednesday, for my last time and he passed away on Friday morning, peacefully with his family by his side. My Uncle Charlie, was my dad's big brother... and the last of my Uncles to go. He was the uncle I was most close to growing up, therefore, he was my favourite one, too. He was always the family clown... so upbeat and fun loving. He prided himself in his collection of windup toys and stickers... he was a real kid at heart! 
He was a family kind of guy... and loved to perform. 
He was a singer in choir at church, as well as with
 "The Chimo Chords Men", along with many other varied interests.  He was a very dedicated husband, dad and grandpa to his immediate family.
Although he will be very missed... he will be so fondly remembered for his positive focus and the impact he made on all he knew in life always.
He also did the toast to the bride at my wedding, and I spent many weekends at his house growing up and hanging out with my cousins...
Pat, Bev, Gwen and their brother, John.

We have had a busy week of nursing colds back to health, dentist visits, Dr. visits, and trips to and from hospitals.

I am so thankful for the positive diversions in my week... such as visits from my friends, Heather and Ella.
A little Starbucks outing with my cousin Gwen yesterday,
a trip to the home show, Saturday,
our weekly Fuddrucker's breakfast outing...
and of course
times spent with my darling grandkids,
Mariah and Beau.

My sisters-in-law, BEV and BRENDA, have been wonderful in helping with family health issues, too... and instrumental in getting home care in place for their parents.
So much to deal with as parents get older... 

so it is always awesome to know 
helpful and caring, family and friends.

I have enjoyed the TV shows I like to watch...and they also provide a POSITiVE diversion to life's struggles along the way, too. It is always good to try to
FOCUS on the POSITIVES
in this life as it spins round and round!

I will look forward to a visit from my Auntie Betty, from Chicago, when she comes this week for my Uncle's funeral.
Her two oldest kids will celebrate a birthday this coming weekend, as well...
so Happy Birthday Greetings
to my TWIN cousins...
DAWN and GREG
on March 30th.


As I head toward another full week...
I will try to FOCUS on the POSITIVES
through the events as they occur along the way.

On that note...
here is my rhyme of today!

Choose to stay positive throughout life's climb,
Try to make the most of all of the time.
Even though things some times go down hill,
It's good to stay upbeat, to the best of our will.
Focus on the happy... instead of the sad,
Try to wear a smile to keep our face glad.
Remember the fun things from days that are gone,
And make more new memories, as we move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment