Saturday, March 8, 2014

HaPpY!

"A happy thought is like a seed that sows positivity 
for all to reap."
-Mirium Muhammad

"Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it as it is, is the only way of being happy."
-Jennie Jerome Churchill



Here is Mariah looking HAPPY when here one day last week...
she has a little Canadian flag temporary tattoo on her cheek
... her llittle toothless smile always makes me HAPPY,
as does her kind and caring little personality! 

Beau on the fly last saturday...
he had Shuffle's leash wrapped around him...
and was running around
saying he was a power ranger!...
his little personality and smile just make me HAPPY!

Ellen DeGeneres always makes me HAPPY... here she was on OSCAR day
getting ready for her big day... which she was brilliant at!
The little book here sits by my computer for me to browse through daily...
it is called "Just for today be HAPPY!"...
it is filled with inspirations and cute art by
Mary Engelbreit... and those both make me HAPPY!

We shared another HAPPY evening and meal with our good friends,
Vern and Ella after they returned from their Hawaii trip last weekend.
Like the napkins say... "Why limit HAPPY to just one hour!"

The poster in our kitchen states...
"We Tend To Seek Happiness"...
which is exactly what the two Brians were doing here...
This was when Brian Foley was our guest over a week ago,
he and my hubby Brian enjoyed many good and happy visits!
...Shuffle was looking HAPPY here as well!

Yesterday was a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend, Ella.
at BLISS RESTAURANT.
I am always HAPPY when I get the chance to craft a card, too!

I enjoyed sharing HAPPY FRIENDSHIP with friends Heather and Ella
yesterday at a belated birthday lunch for Ella...
The food was delicious  and looked very HAPPY as well!...
and a note on the table said this was Friendship Week, too!

My high school buddy, Margo  is crafty and makes doggie coats...
(among other crafty items)... now she is even knitting sweaters for Penguins!!!
Yesterday she stopped by with two she made to fit Shuffle...
we ended up purchasing both of them... because we know
how doggie clothing makes Shuffle so
HAPPY!

Even though it was hard to capture Shuffle in her new knitted sweaters...
we did have a fun little visit and HAPPY HOUR with friend Margo while she was here!

I am both excited and HAPPY that my buddy from Lanigan is coming to visit today.
This photo is an old one of us together...
but shares just how HAPPY we are when we get together...
I know we will make a point of getting another photo together
later today when we go for our traditional visit to STARBUCKS!


First of all thanks to all my blog visitors whether old or new...
I am HAPPY you could stop by!

My blog writing has brought me lots of hours of HAPPY times while sharing the HAPPY times I have been through in my life... kind of like my HAPPY journal! Although I do have days when I am not quite as HAPPY... I choose to only share the HAPPY moments and memories!

We have had several of those this past week...
I enjoyed watching the Oscars last Sunday night hosted by my favourite talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres...
I thought she kept the show moving along in such a HAPPY fashion as she is so good at doing. Even though I am not a big movie goer, and have only seen one out of the many nominated shows... I was still interested enough to hang in from start to finish! The show I had seen "FROZEN" won for best animated film and also won for best song.
However I was really loving the song "HAPPY" sung by Pharrell Williams, which was also nominated for best song... and also from an animated film, "Despicable Me 2".
The song was not only well performed and choreographed with dancers on the oscars... it left me in an upbeat mood and kind of singing and dancing along!

Last week we enjoyed company when our dancer friend, Brian Foley stayed with us for a couple nights. The trip down memory lane left me very HAPPY!

Our friends, Ella and Vern returned from Hawaii last sunday... and I was HAPPY to see them again... both looking HAPPY and tanned, too!
Vern had us for a nice supper on Tuesday as well...
we enjoy the fun we share as a foursome.

I have enjoyed my TV shows this week...
The Voice has some great talent and a happy upbeat spirit to the show. In spite of the fact I love the new judging panel on American Idol... I am not as HAPPY with the talents on that show this year. I will be HAPPY when the new Dancing With The Stars starts up in a couple weeks, too.

I made it to the gym this week... for a fun class with Ella... we both enjoyed our Body Vive class, but shortly after the gym closed for a water main break in the area and has been closed all week... so we barely got going back on track and had to stop again!... it did make me HAPPY I at least got in one class before that happened.

Thursday I got in a quick little shop with my daughter, Jana...and as always I cherish the moments I can spend with her. She is a very busy gal, so it isn't always easy to fit time together in... so we had a fun
and fast little HAPPY visit.

When returning from that morning, we received a call from my son, Colin to say he is coming to spend a few days with us. He is coming tomorrow... so it is short notice and very impromtu... but we are both excited and HAPPY for that visit. He will be here from Sunday to Thursday this week.
He will share his fun and happy times he just returned from on his recent 2 month trip to Thailand.
Although I will take photos of Colin...
I likely will not share any as he has made it clear he prefers to not be seen on the internet!!!

Today my good buddy from Lanigan will be here for a visit, too... she always makes my heart smile! Linda and I go way back to the 90's when I used to teach dance summer schools there and stay with her... we have become life long best buds ever since... and are always there to keep each other happy through good and bad times!
We enjoy sharing a STARBUCKS, too!

I have some friends and family who will be celebrating HAPPY BIRTHDAYS in March...
Ella had a birthday on March 1st... which we celebrated yesterday.
My friend, Lynne, from Regina had a birthday yesterday and her daughter, Carly has a birthday today.
My friend, Linda from Lanigan,
has a birthday on March 17th...
My brother Brian also has a birthday on the 17th... so that makes two special people on the LUCKY St. Patrick's day.
I feel like the LUCKY one just in knowing them!
So I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to them all!

On that note...
I am always HAPPY to put a rhyme together in Theme for my daily blog post... so here is today's version...

Some days just turn out better than others,
For family and friends, kids and their mothers!
And my thought is this, it's best to be happy,
Whether feeling draggy, or upbeat and snappy.
The journey we are on, is still the same one,
So why not be happy and just have fun.
Of all the moods, "HAPPY" is best...
So put on a smile and share all your zest!



No comments:

Post a Comment