Monday, June 16, 2014

CELEBRATIONS… of Fathers...Dance, Family & Friends!



"You can't have a positive life with a negative attitude. If we think positively sounds become music, movement becomes dance, smiles become laughter, and life becomes a Celebration."
-Author Unknown

"A father's legacy is not riches, possessions, or worldly goods of any kind- it is the way he lived, the lives he touched, the promises he kept… it is the kind of man he was. "
-Author Unknown

"I am surrounded by great friends and family. I don't know what I would do without them."
-Emma Roberts


A nice photo taken of Brian on Father's day with Jana…
and a lovely photo collage of family she created for him as his gift
to go with his very heartfelt card.
There is really something special about the bond
between fathers and their little girls!
I know this first hand… as I, too, was my dad's special little girl!

A closer look  at the FAMILY photos here… and a special frisbee
Mariah created for her PAPA!

Although this photo is a bit blurry and dark… the Father's Day Brunch was
a memorable one yesterday at The Willows.
We enjoy times we share with family when ever we can… and in fact
we shared two outings with them yesterday… later having supper at Earl's!

After our Brunch yesterday…
Mariah had her "Silks" lesson to get to, but we brought Beau to
see his great Grandpa and to give him this book as a gift.
Something so special about this photo…
with the oldest and youngest members of our
family together!
Beau looked through this book page by page, too,
with his Great Grandpa… a memory to cherish forever.

When looking through old photos recently, I found this gem…
 of my dad and my father-in-law, together sharing a drink
on boxing day of 1992… TWO of the BEST DADS around!
Above are my crafted father's day cards for
Brian, Greg and Nels… the 3 special dads (still living) in my world!

Last Thursday we popped by Blanche and Greg's for a visit.
The grandkids were there, too… the photo with Greg and Mariah
is the one I selected to use on his card.
I love the other two photos, too… the one with the Grand kids and
their Great Grandparents...and the one
with the 2 grandpas behind Beau!

Mariah popped by Wednesday night briefly…
and she always loves doing stuff with Shuffle!
Later when I looked outside to see where Shuffle was…
she was sitting by herself
out on the lounge chairs enjoying the good weather!

Friday night we shared more good times and food with our dear friends…
Vern and Ella.
Brian made a very delicious supper and
we all watched the Stanley cup hockey game together.
I know had my dad been alive… he would have been watching it, too…
hockey was always a big part of his life… intact he played hockey right
up until the day before he passed away in 2000.

Another throw back memory in the upper left is dance student Kelly Woodley…
in the year 2000 with my dance mentor, Brian Foley, who created a scholarship
in my dad's honour the year he passed away, and chose Kelly as the first recipient..
On Saturday night I watched Kelly along with another student of mine,
Andrea perform in a local company called Abiding Lines Dance Company.
I attended the show with good dance buddy, Joanne… and we both loved the show.
I am always so PROUD to watch dancers I have taught succeed and continue
to stride in DANCE!

I continued to enjoy more great dancing yesterday with my two
girlies when we attended the La Danse Production  at
at TCU… dance is a celebration for all 3 generations of us!
WE will always love dancing… and I love that it continues to
pass through each generation!




It is Monday once again… which has recently become my weekly blog writing day of the week. It is a nice way for me to review the previous week in photos and remember the fun things I did! I actually find it kind of like  
my weekly therapy session!!!!


This past week was full of fun and celebrations for generations of us… with my friends and 
families in life and in dance!




I have noticed over the years of my involvement in the dance world… just how many great dance friends I have… and it brings me such pleasure to watch many of them in performances all over… whether in dance recitals or just performances of any kind. Us dancers… are like one big dance family… our paths cross in many ways… and we all share the common bond in life of DANCE!


I loved both shows I attended this past weekend…
Abiding Lines Dance Company's performance of their show called "Behind the Flapper's Fringe"…
and the La Danse year end production as well.
Their quality in work has held the test of time.
It was particularly fun to watch third generation dancers perform in their show… I saw daughters of dancers I once taught now performing and the beat goes on and on…
Generations and Celebrations
of dance families in my world!


I also shared a Starbucks coffee with a dance friend, Barb, from Moose Jaw on Friday, as well as a drink with dance friend, Joanne on Saturday night. I happened to run into another dance friend, Kristy, last night when out for supper... Too bad I did not capture those outings… 
be but enjoyed the visits, none the less!


In between the big celebrations the past week… I managed to make it to the gym 4 times… so that in itself is a celebration… and a much needed one, too! hehehe…

as well I enjoyed several walks with my dog Shuffle… and not only did the exercise and fresh air do us both good, I love when I can listen to my favourite tunes randomly play on the iPod as I WALK ON… and ROCK ON!


We had a delicious supper here on Friday night…. I am always ever grateful for my hubby, Brian… and love that he loves to cook! He BBQed up a roast and all the trimmings and we shared a fun filled evening of food, friendship and hockey on Tv with our good friends…
Vern and Ella.



Father's Day is always somewhat bitter sweet for me…especially since my own dad is in heaven now, however, his spirit was ever so strong as it always is and he DANCES
on in my heart. I've heard that raindrops, like snowflakes… are like kisses from heaven… so if that is the case… I consider my self KISSED over and over again this past weekend, with all the rain we had!

I did celebrate the dear fathers near and far but the 3 that are close to my heart besides my own dad… are my hubby, Brian, who was not only an amazing dad to our two kids, Colin and Jana… but he is such an awesome grandpa to our two grandkids, Mariah and Beau, as well.
My Father-in-law, Greg… is also a one of a kind DAD, Grandpa, and Great Grandpa… such a kind and gentle passionate and proud man.
My son-in-law, Nels… is a fun filled daddy for my two grandkids… he is always a hands on dad who shares so much with his darling little kids…. so fun to watch as history repeats in generation to generation!

My brother, Bob is a great dad… as are my brothers in law, Ralph and Mark. I did feel somewhat of  a special spirit coming from the skies, too ,from my brother-in-law, Bruce and my Uncle Charlie, who spent their first
Father's Day in Heaven this year.
We have so many friends who are fathers… far too many to mention in this blog post… but I hope they all had wonderful celebrations, too!




We heard from our son, Colin on Father's day… he is so good at remembering the special occasions and calling on those days. He is looking forward to us coming to see him in less than 2 weeks when we go see him and his girlfriend, Caro in Montreal. We are pretty pumped for that trip, too…something of a celebration for us on many levels.
I'm excited for their JAZZ FESTIVAL and ours too, which begins this Friday.

I always think of my parents when Jazz Festival season comes… we spent many times CELEBRATING together there. My parents are the reason I have such an appreciation for JAZZ music in the first place.
My dad especially as he could play many of the jazz tunes of their era and more on the piano... One that always comes to mind for them is the Duke Ellington classic…
"Satin Doll"… people associate that song with them as much as they associate "Polka dots" to me!!!!! hehehe

My favourite BEATLE, Paul McCartney celebrates another birthday this week… on June 18th. I notice he has been sick and has had to cancel many of his recent tour dates… I do hope he recovers soon… and is able to CELEBRATE on his special day, too.



Tomorrow I look forward to a little cousin- sister-in-law, coffee gathering at my sister-in-law, Arleen's house… always fun to catch up with the relatives on the latest family stories!


On that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

I have lived through many generations…
And through very many special times and celebrations.
From the dads in my world, to family and friends,
And dancing shows of many different  blends.
Father's Day joys shared with the ones I love,
The ones here on earth and the ones up above.
From dining in… to dining out…
 Lots of fun stuff and dancing about!
We sure didn't wait for the rain to pass,
We danced right through, and had a gas!
We weren't bothered by a little rainfall…
Life's what we make it, after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment