Monday, June 23, 2014

Singin' & Dancin' in the RAiN!

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never danced in the rain."
-Author Unknown

"I don't sing because I'm happy, I'm happy because I sing."
-William James

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain."
-Author Unknown

Mariah dancing through the rainy puddles on Saturday when she helped
at the Dog Adoption again… here she is with doggie named Riley.

Bev and Mariah have been helping out lately with
the dog adoptions held at Cowtown…
by the WANAR K9 Rescue.

Friday night we babysat the grandkids… and the rain didn't stop us from
a trip to BP for supper!

Last week we managed to go out for a little ice cream treat between the
rainfalls!
Also my sister-in-law, Arleen, hosted a nice cousin gathering for us
to catch up on family news… (She also took the photo!)

Wednesday, my neighbour, Heather and I stopped by my friend, ella's for
a coffee and visit! It happened to be Paul McCartney's birthday so
in his honour I wore my shirt from the concert of his we went to in
2012 in Edmonton!

Saturday we went to a baton fund raiser…
Here are Brenda with her Canadian champ twirlers to represent
Canada at the World's in England in August…
Congrats and good luck to the girls, Heather and Brittany.

The centre pieces on the tables had photos of the baton twirlers…
this photo on our table happened to be from 2010…
Supper was delicious, too…and included a chocolate fondue for dessert!

Sunday was a special birthday celebration for our friend, Jacquie…
we put a candle in a cinnamon bun and sang her happy birthday at our breakfast!

Our table guests grew in numbers as the breakfast progressed…
ending in a group of 9 by the time we were done… fun little celebration!

The birthday girl on her way with
her presents cards and flowers!

I was doing a happy song and dance when my friend Linda joined our sunday
group this week…and then her and ella and I did a little shop at Winners…
Linda found lots of fun finds and then was doing her happy dance, too!

our fun continued as we went for a girlfriend bond over a starbucks,
following our breakfast and winners shop!

Ella and I went to some free jazz in the park next…
we managed to hear about 5 songs before the skies opened up once again!
I have been listening to Bobby Klassen and his octet at the Jazz festival
for many years now…and the traditions continue!

Got out some old archives this past week leading up to JAZZ FESTIVAL!
I found an old t-shirt from my studio days… with JAZZ on it.
I found a fond memory of mom, my friend, linda and I jazz testing in the SUNSHINE
back in 2009… and I have a pic of the group who sported the JAZZ t-shirts
in my 1998 RECIAL where were tributing lots of JAZZ!


It's monday… blog day… and another week's worth of events have gone by since my last blog post!

It has been a very rainy and wet week… but it hasn't put too much of a damper on my activities… still managed to fit lots into my week as the pictures display. I usually take the pictures on my iPhone and collage them but my phone is full again… so many photos have been taken on my camera, and today when trying to load them all into the computer… there were some issues with that… therefore a wee delay on my blog posting, too!


I did manage to get out for more free jazzing in the park today with my jazzing' buddy, Ella.
We started at the "Pocket Park" by
Lulu lemon with a band called
"Hot Club Saskatoon"… then got a coffee and walked over to the bigger free venue where there was a band called
"this is The Shoes" (from Vancouver) playing.
I kind of felt my mom's spirit today… she used to always come to free jazz with me back in the day… I liked the first band I heard… but not the second band as much… and I could kind of visualize my mom covering her ears for that one, too!!! hehehe (it wasn't really jazz… it was more like a Janis Joplin style!) Yesterday's free jazz was stuff my parents would have both loved… and more like the stuff I enjoy too!


I am hoping the rain stays away now long enough for the JAZZ FESTIVAL and for people to enjoy it!

Along with the photos above… and the outings, etc… I want to congratulate  JANA and MELISSA on their fifth year anniversary of their store…
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE… hard to believe 5 years have passed already… and one good thing about all this rain is they are selling lots of their HUNTER RUBBER BOOTS these days!


This weekend… Brian and I look forward to our annual trip to Montreal to see Colin and his girlfriend, Caro. We will take in lots of the Montreal Jazz Fest too while there.

Also this weekend… I will be thinking of both my uncle Charlie and my mom sharing birthday cakes in HEAVEN together. Charlie on the 26th and mom on the 29th.
They may even be singing up there a little too!

On that note… here is my poem of the day…

The weather has certainly been kind of wet,
We are grateful for any sunshine we can get!
Whether going to the jazz fest or being outside,
It is much better when we don't have to hide,
Under umbrellas away from the rain…
Please Mr. Sunshine… will you come out again?!
Good thing for Friends and family, too…
And many fun things that we can all do!



No comments:

Post a Comment