Monday, June 2, 2014

DaNCE… DREaM… CELEBRaTE!

"Everything has rhythm, everything dances."
- Maya Angelou

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!
Live the life you've imagined"
-Thoreau
(This quote is on a lovely journal I received as a gift from my daughter, Jana, on the occasion of my final dance recital as a dance teacher in 2008)

"Celebrate endings- they proceed new beginnings."
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie


This is a favourite little photo memory for me…
This was taken on Mariah's 2nd birthday, with her and Brian
walking our pug, MOCHA!…
Sadly Mocha went to doggie heaven  2 days following this….
May 2008.

Here is another throw back photo…also from that same week,  May 2008,
which was my final year of my dance teaching career.
This was my final Sr. Tap group… and I hold so many fond memories
of this dance and all the celebrations revolving around it.

More CELEBRATIONS!
Above Ella treated Vern, Brian and me to a fabulous supper at Red Lobster
in honour of Vern's belated 65th birthday which was in April.
The next day Vern treated us all to pizza on our deck…
and the celebrating just continued… good friends are always fun to celebrate with!

This past week… Mariah was CELEBRATING
"WACKY HAIR DAY" at school… so her mom did a fun job of her hair style!
Mariah is also featured on this poster for
'Move and Soar's' summer camp… for silks…
(she is in bottom right  circle of the poster.)

Friday I travelled with my friend, Ella to North Battleford, to
meet her 99 year old dad… as well as to cheer on her 16 year
old niece in the Dance Connection year end dance recital…
another fun filled day of celebrations!

Brian is one special grandpa… always worth celebrating!
He took the grandkids to the circus this past Saturday…and I'm sure the circus saw him coming…
he bought several treats and souvenirs for the grandkids…and they had a fun afternoon together!

Saturday was a dance celebration
 when BSOBAD hosted their 31st annual
year end show called
"WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE"
The back stage was full of celebration and excitement …
and balloons following the evening show.
Mariah and my niece Rowen were happy to connect, too.
I received these lovely flowers and gift
for my role as social director of the studio!

This past week I did my annual "WRAP-STRAVEGANZA"…
for the BSOBAD year end show.
I have traditionally wrapped the staff  year end gifts since May of 2001.

This year's gifts were lovely engraved frames…
which I also added photos to, for the 60 gifts I wrapped…
Thanks to Brenda for her ongoing generosity…
 loved my beautiful flowers, too! 

Other celebrations this week…
we enjoyed time on our deck in the sunshine.
Above with sister-in-law, Bev with her dog, Jake
and our dog, Shuffle.
We had more pizza on the deck with Ella and Mariah
before attending the BSOBAD show Saturday.
Yesterday at Fuddruckers…
Mariah and Beau enjoyed colouring at our breakfast.
Last night we had a delicious supper
on our deck… again in the sunshine!


This past week was another 
one of many reasons to 
DANCE… DREAM… and CELEBRATE!


So many things going on once again… from gift wrapping to travelling out of town for a day... to celebrating birthdays…and watching dance. I was remembering this time of year 6 years ago when we lost our pug, Mocha right at the start of my last week of teaching. It is such a memory for me… 

the end and the beginning of new things to come.


I have traditionally helped Brenda with gift wrapping for her year end show since the season before I closed my own studio and joined her staff.  Brenda and I have many things connecting us in our lives… besides dance… we are such good friends and continue to be. I am always happy to help her wrap up her year end at her studio, even though I no longer teach dancing. I consider it an honour to still be included on her staff as her social director!



We did a belated birthday celebration for our friend, Vern this past week. He turned the milestone age of 65 in April but has been out at his farm this past couple months, farming.
So it was nice to finally celebrate him with a couple friendly supper gatherings .


I still love dance recitals and year end shows…
I think once a dancer… always a dancer…
I enjoyed the DANCE CONNECTION show in
North Battleford on Friday night with my good friend Ella. Her niece, Amy was one of the beautiful Sr. Dancers in it… and we both thought she really stood out in the show with her radiant smile and awesome dance technique. The show was excellent from start to finish, too!




I also enjoyed meeting Ella's 99 year old dad for my first time. He was so sweet… we took him for ice cream, went to their family farm, and also took him for supper at A&W before dropping him back to his place 

and on to attending the dance recital there.



Saturday Ella joined me along with another friend, Joan… and Mariah, too, to watch the BSOBAD year end show at the Auditorium. Brenda puts on a spectacular show year after year… and this was no exception… in fact I think it could very well have been her best one yet!
She has so many talented teachers, and dancers and together they were the team to create the dream show!
I enjoyed seeing my nice, Rowen and my cousin, Gwen both performing in the show too!


We seem to be always celebrating something or other! Saturday Brian took the grandkids to the circus. They had a fun time together. Mariah also had a sleepover here that night. We then met Jana, Nels and Beau when going out for our weekly sunday breakfast at Fuddrucker's.
We were also joined there by our friends, as well.

I was saddened to hear of the passing of a phenomenal woman this past week. Dr. Maya Angelou was a person I first heard about on the Oprah Winfrey show years ago. I really liked her and thought she had a lot to share and contribute to the world. Last night on the Oprah OWN TV channel she was featured in a couple of special broadcasts. I enjoyed watching those.
Although she will be missed…
her words of wisdom will live on.


I love this time of year for so many reasons… the nicer weather is well worth celebrating. We do lots of celebrating just day to day life… and lots out doors in our yard.
Soon the jazz festival will be here… another favourite thing of mine. We also plan to do our annual trip to Montreal soon… so lots to look forward to.



On that note…
from the Rhythm of life… to the Rhyme of the day!

This is that special time of year,
Dance recitals and summer's now here.
Lots to do and celebrate…
Presentations all so great!

Sitting on the deck in the sun…
Lots of things, all so fun,
Happy hours and BBQs, too
Celebrating many dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment