Monday, May 26, 2014

TAP into your HaPpY DaNcE!

"There is no one reality. There's only one perception. Love never fails. Keep doing the Happy Dance."
-Silvina Faiella Miller

-dance
(through life)
"When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way."
-Wayne Dyer

"Keep calm and do the Happy Dance!"
-Author Unknown


Nothing makes me TAP into a bigger HAPPY DANCE… than my grandkids,
Here they are this week… Mariah at her dance rehearsal  and Beau at his soccer!

I met all of these lovely ladies through my connection to DANCE…
and here we are
celebrating a HAPPY Belated Birthday for Kellie.
Now my relationship with BRENDA, CATHY, KELLIE and JOANNE
 goes far beyond DANCE…
it is all about the HAPPY FRIENDSHIPS we share…
we TAP into many HAPPY DANCES on many levels, when ever we connect!

I was going through some old pictures this week,
in lead up to Mariah's Birthday…
here is a darling one I found of her in her dance outfit and tap shoes,
looks like she is about to TAP into her HAPPY DANCE!

Like this picture of Mariah and her little dancing friend,
 at her dance rehearsal...our lives have been a BLURRRRR this last while,
but I am happy to say we sure have a lot to be grateful for lately, and
for that we are all doing a big HAPPY DANCE!

In my search of old pics for the Throw Back Thursday last week,
I chose this one to post.
This is our sweet friend, Robin holding our dear little baby Mariah.
This photo was taken in 2006 the year Mariah was born.
Just on Saturday Mariah had her 8th birthday and Robin got Married…
so both of them were doing a big HAPPY DANCE on Saturday!

I love when it becomes warm enough to plant flowers again…
and these little polka dot pots I bought a few years ago at Michael's,
always cause me to go into a HAPPY DANCE… just SPOT how adorable they are!

It makes me happy that Brian and I can sit out in our yard again and enjoy
all the flowers we planted and the nice weather.
We share many HAPPY HOURS out in our yard together!

I delivered 8 Gerber Daisies to my little birthday girl on Friday night…
in honour of her 8th birthday… on Saturday.
She and brother, Beau and friend, Drew were loving the sunshine in their
back yard  when we stopped by…
Mariah and Drew enjoyed doing a little HAPPY DANCING this weekend too!

We have done a lot of Celebrating this past few weeks leading up to
Mariah's 8th birthday…
We did an early family Birthday Party a week ago, because
this weekend was so busy on her actual day.
Mariah is all about TAPPING into a HAPPY DANCE…
 and life is one
big celebration for her… she loves life!

For me it has become tradition to craft birthday cards for many…
my grandkids included. This is the card I crafted for Mariah this year,
saying "HaPpY TaPpY 8th BiRtHdAy" on it, featuring her in
her TAP costume  which I love… and note it is even my favourite colours
and POLKA DOTS, too!!!… which makes me
TAP into another HAPPY DANCE!

Brian and I got dressed up for the special wedding we were invited to
this weekend. I could not get over how handsome my hubby looked.
He just looks the picture of health  right now… which makes me
so GRATEFUL… and HAPPY!
Between wedding and reception we went for a little treat
at a new place called
"Little Bird Patisserie & Cafe"… a very happy little place!

Saturday we felt honoured to share in the special day for Robin and Alex
as they transformed the Sutherland Curling Club into  a magical
location for their wedding and reception.

The oldest nephew was a Jr. Groomsman, while the younger 2 shared the role of
ring bearer… and the baby niece was a flower girl and looked like a little doll
in the a wagon… so adorable!
The younger boys each had signs around their neck…saying
"Are you ready for this , Uncle Al?"
and  "Here comes your girl!"

They day was simply beautiful all round from the wonderful weather,
 and magical room… to the wedding and reception that followed.
The Bride was stunning and the groom as handsome as ever.
He even went into a little HAPPY DANCE at the reception
paying tribute to Michael Jackson… and my dance critique of him
was that he was pretty darn good at it, too!

Robin has been a special gal to us since we met her years ago.
She is somewhat of a second daughter to us…
so naturally we had to get photos with her, too!
Our friend Steve, created a little RAP POEM… which Brian and him
got up and delivered at the reception.
RAPS were created by many at the reception to cause the wedding couple
to kiss instead of the traditional clinking of glasses!!!
There were many good  ones that caused people to go into a HAPPY DANCE as well.

Our Sunday morning tradition has become going
to Fuddrucker's for breakfast with friends.
Yesterday not only were we joined by a big group of friends,
but Jana, Nels and the kids stopped by and my friend Ella
snapped this family photo of us together.
It always makes me HAPPY when our family likes to join
 in on the Sunday morning fun with us.




I think that life itself really has so many connections to the emotions expressed in "DANCE!"  I for one have always preferred the "HAPPY" emotions the best, though!
Life goes through many "stages and steps" along the way, and our life is definitely one like that for sure!


Just this past week… we have been through many CELEBRATIONS… from birthdays to weddings and many things in between, including receiving news that has caused us to TAP into our HAPPY DANCE!

Today I got to thinking about this date 6 years ago. It was a Monday, too… I remember it like it was only yesterday!
I was getting ready for my last week as a full time Dance Teacher…and was on my way to one of a series of dress rehearsals in the week, when my pug, MOCHA, went into  weird seizure. We quickly took him to a vet and then on to the university where he was diagnosed with having a stroke of his hind quarters, so we had to have him put to sleep.

Although that was a very sad time for me, I do hold our pug, Mocha fondly in my heart. 


We now have Shuffle, our Boston- Pug "Bug" breed doggie… and I still have many connections to dance, and the beat goes on!


For me the memories I have of my dancing and my teaching career, are plentiful and rewarding. I was feeling somewhat TAPPED OUT in my dance career and felt it was time to pass the torch to some of the younger and 
upcoming dance talents in the studio.
I have not regretted that decision for a moment,
and in fact have grown a new appreciation for what my life has brought me through the many HAPPY DANCES in it!



This weekend is the year end show for the studio where I completed my career,
"Brenda's School of Baton and Dance"
also known as "BSOBAD".
I am now the social director there, and will be a part of their 31st year end show, this weekend entitled…
"WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE"
Co-incidentally many DREAMS have come true for
me over the years and I wish Brenda and her studio lots of luck as they TAP into their HAPPY DANCES this weekend.


Yesterday was "NATIONAL TAP DANCE DAY"
in honour of the legendary Tap Dancer,
Bill Bo Jangles Robinson.
I imagine many TAPPERS were TAPPING into HAPPY DANCES everywhere in his honour.



We definitely TAPPED into a HAPPY DANCE the year Mariah was born 8 years ago. We have loved every minute of being her grandparents. She brings us so much joy always, and we wish her the best as she taps in this new 8th chapter of her years in life.




I have many connections to Robin who was married this weekend . Her mom, Cheryl and I went to school together back in the day…and were in the same grade. Years later, Cheryl and her husband Kelly met up with us at the Thams' photographers on our wedding days for our wedding photos…kind of a co-incidence we should choose the same wedding day as each other!


Years later Robin began working at Wheaton, where Brian worked. We then had Robin 'house and pug sit' on our 3 trips to Japan, when Jana performed there as a dancer. Later Robin even helped us with our backyard
PUG FEST in 2007. So we have many connections.
Mostly she is like a special girl to us… and we wish her
nothing but happiness as she enters her
next chapter of her life…
and may it bring her many of life's
HAPPY DANCES!


I am thinking of all the dance studio owners as they prep for their year end shows. I did 28 years of that from 1973-2002.
Then I went on to teach at BSOBAD from 2002-2008.
I know the work and passion involved in being a dance instructor and mentor… and wish everyone out there
a very successful year end as you all
TAP into your HAPPY DANCES!


On that note, from RHYTHM to RHYME…
here is my poem of the day!

Life is truly quite a lot like dance,
And really it is not by chance,
Many emotions have been portrayed,
By how dance has moved and also swayed.
My favourite emotion is just to be happy,
And my favourite dance style is TAP-happy TAPPY!
So whether you hop or skip or prance…
Make your life choice... a HAPPY DANCE!







No comments:

Post a Comment