Monday, May 5, 2014

Uplifting & Inspirational

"Live the life you love. Love the life you live."


"Don't wait for inspiration. Be the inspiration."

"To be inspired is great, to inspire is incredible."
-Authors unknown


This past week was very Uplifting and Inspirational…
here we are
at my father-in-law, GREG'S Elevator Photo Exhibit
at the Humboldt Museum
last Thursday.

Here are some of the inspirational things at the Exhibit…
including a cake
with the Humboldt Elevator photo of Greg's on it.

Greg was happy to have lots of his immediate family members there
in addition to other friends and relatives who traveled to
be there for the grand opening of his exhibit
which will run till June 28th in Humboldt before moving on
to several other locations in the province.

Greg's daughters, Brenda and Bev and my daughter, Jana
here at the Humboldt photo exhibit… all 3 were so proud
and inspired by their dad and grandpa.


Mariah was feeling inspired to do some artwork in the car on route to Humboldt,
She had a complete princess artwork kit perfect for doing art in the car!

We snapped some family pics at Jana's while she quickly got herself ready to go.
Even Beau managed to take the bottom right hand photo,
and it turned out pretty good
for a 3 year old doing it!
Beau was wanting us to come and do some sticker art
before he got dropped at daycare.
He didn't come to Humboldt, but Mariah did.
I am always uplifted when ever we see the grandkids!!!

Starbucks is always uplifting for me!
I went a couple times this week… once with friends Ella and Heather,
and another friend, also named Heather took our picture there.
The other trip was a visit after the gym,
where Ella received an uplifting message
on her phone from her sister.
I love the new inspirational
Oprah Lattes & quotes on the cup holders,
so I took a photo of a few!
I always love an inspirational quote!

I received a couple uplifting cards and a lovely inspirational
book painted by a local artist of Sasaktoon locations…
all these were from my friend Ella.

There is nothing better and more uplifting than good friends…
This last week I was lucky to have visits from two of my out of town friends,
Linda from Lanigan and Lynne, from Regina.
I am so fortunate to have Ella as a close friend to do lots of things with
year round and we shared some nice times this past week, too.
From coffee to happy hours… to scrabble, shopping, and gym and
jazz evenings… lots of fun uplifting adventures!

We shared a Happy- Appie hour here with our friend, Ella before heading to
McNalley to hear some live jazz on Friday night… featuring a piano player
we know well, Ray Stephonson… such a nice evening…
uplifting and inspirational all round!

I have had a couple shopping adventures this past week and found
these inspirational quotes on basic t-shirts, and purchased them all!
"Do What You LOVE"
"WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING."
"COLLECT AWESOME MOMENTS."
Also purchased the little striped jacket in the photos,
among a few other clothing updates!

These are un flattering selflies…
of me wearing 4 different pairs of glasses… which I went looking at today.
Jana came to help me pick some new ones, and they let me bring all 4 pairs
home to make my decisions before buying a pair and getting my new prescription.
It will be uplifting to see things more clearly again!!!

The glasses are all cute… but I need to narrow it down to one pair!
The two smaller frames are… Tory Burch and Kate Spade
The two bigger ones below are Dolce & Gabbnna and Fendi.
Right now I'm leaning toward the smaller ones… but will sleep on my decission.
Glasses are a hard thing to buy… and are a big investment, but
it will be inspirational to just see clearly in the end!
It was uplifting to have Jana along with her fashion advice, too!




I had such an uplifting and inspirational week last week.
Maybe now that winter is nearly gone, it is picking everyone's spirits up as well…
So nice to be into the month of MAY!


I forgot to mention in last week's blog that Tuesday, April 29th was "International Dance Day"…
and this past weekend , May 3rd was
"International Scrapbooking Day"…
both things I love.
April was also "International Jazz Appreciation Month",too… but I pretty much appreciate that year round!


I had sent a crafted birthday card to Colin's girlfriend, Caro for April 30th, and received a lovely uplifting email of appreciation from her to thank us. She also thanked us for always welcoming her into our family… she is so sweet… definitely "a keeper", as Colin puts it!



Thursday we made an uplifting trip to Humboldt to see the opening of my father-in-law, Greg's Elevator Photo Exhibit at the Humboldt Museum. Not only did lots of family make it to the event, but it was well attended by many friends as well.
Greg is very passionate and proud of his work. It was inspirational to listen to him speak of the history of Elevators, too. Soon it will be hard to find one anywhere as they are all being taken down. He spoke for a good 20 minutes off the cuff and was so uplifting and inspirational to listen to. He is so knowledgable as well. Mariah was like his little side kick sticking close to his side for much of the event.


My mother in law, Blanche, was unable to attend the event… it is too hard for her to get around, but with the family all out of town at the event on Thursday, I asked my friend Ella to call and check on her while we were gone. She did that, and although Ella and Blanche had never officially met, after talking on the phone for nearly 2 hours they felt they  knew each other after that! I found it so inspirational that Ella would do that for us, and she walked our dog,
Shuffle, as well that day… what an uplifting friend, she is!


We managed to get in a little shop in Humboldt, too… checking out the Friends and Neighbours store… and finding a few treasures! Mariah found a nice fairly tale book which she enjoyed reading on her way home… and I got a couple scrapbooking books for .50 cents each...
I love a bargain… and find it uplifting, too!!!


My friends Heather and Ella met at Starbucks this week. It was nice that my friend, also named Heather, was there to snap a photo of us enjoying our gathering… and not only did that… she took it on her phone and texted it to me, because my phone was full of photos!!! She is inspirational and is involved with something called "Think Good, Do Good".



Thursday my friend, Linda was passing through the city on route to taking a cousin to the airport, so she stopped by for a fast girlfriend visit in the evening. I always find it uplifting when she stops by!



Friday Brian and I decided to go hear some live jazz at McNalley Robinson… and we invited our friend, Ella to join us. We started here first for "HAPPY HOUR"… Brian made some tasty appies, too… yum!
An uplifting evening for all of us.


Saturday morning my friend, Lynne called to say she would be coming to town for an anniversary due. She stayed over night and joined our breakfast group on Sunday morning at Fuddruckers. We also managed to get in a couple rounds of scrabble, a happy hour and great shopping extravaganza, too… Lynne is a pro at shopping… so fun!
We also enjoy all chances to get together whenever we can.


I managed to get a few great staples for my wardrobe… which really needed some updates as we head into spring and summer. It is funny how the closet shrinks our clothes over the winter… wink, wink! So my shopping trips were fun and uplifting all round.


Brian and I were out looking at furniture this week, too…
but we have not decided if and when we might do any purchases there… but fun to look none the less!
 

Today I managed to go look for glasses, as well…
I have needed a new pair for ages… and have been carrying around a prescription upgrade since January.
Today Jana joined me in my search. She is more into the brand name thing than me, but is good at the honest opinions, too, as to what suits me me best,
so I was grateful for her assistance.



I continue to feel blessed with the friends and family and uplifting things I have in my life.  I know it is always a pick me up to up grade and up date the wardrobe as we head to the warmer months of the year. Just saying good bye to winter is uplifting in itself!


Tonight is my favourite night of TV again… something else to uplift the spirits… as I watch the DWTS and The Voice…
I do enjoy the competitive talent shows and find them inspirational and uplifting always…
nice to see new talents emerge as well.


On that note… here is my poem of the day!

This past week was one that gave me a lift,
From many fun outings to many a gift.
I was so inspired in many ways, too,
While doing the things that I like to do.
I was impressed by my father-in-law,
I was so proud of his exhibit that I saw.
I simply had fun while spending some time,
With loved ones, who are always just so sublime!

No comments:

Post a Comment