Monday, May 12, 2014

SUPER AWESOME "MOM"ENTS!

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
-Author Unknown

"Live your life passionately, live with purpose, make a difference, be all you can be, have fun, be awesome, be healthy and most of all believe in yourself."
-Ricardo Housham


"My daughter is super awesome. And I am the lucky one because I get to be her momma."
-Author Unknown


Here I am with my SUPER AWESOME DAUGHTER…
on Mother's Day…
We are the SUPER MOMS!
Dairy Queen Icecream cakes have become a Mother's Day
 tradition for us since my mom passed away,
She loved ice cream so it is a SUPER AWESOME
 way to honour her  in heaven. 

More SUPER AWESOME "MOM"ENTS!
The SUPER MOM ice cream cake,
the hot fudge and marshmallow Sunday from DQ
I ate on Saturday night (which was my mom's favourite),
An old picture of me and my mom at the Jazz Festival,
something we loved to do together.
A nice picture of my Mother and Father -in-law…
Blanche & Greg
I am SUPER lucky to have them in my life…
they  both share SUPER AWESOME MOMENTS always!

My SUPER AWESOME gifts and  cards!
I got another pair of TOM'S shoes from Brian… I love those shoes for many reasons,
They are not only comfy, but they are the shoes that keep on giving back!
I love the SUPER AWESOME polka dot mega mugs
I got from Jana, Nels and their kids…
All SUPER AWESOME and so very "me"!

I love these two munchkins… they always add
 SUPER AWESOME MOMENTS…
here they are on their deck… excited for the hot tub fun to begin!

The grandkids were full of fun adventures last night…
Mariah was a little Dr in full gear for it… Beau was the cookie monster…
he also did a few more sticker pictures…
They both loved the ice cream cake… and also let me get  a
SUPER AWESOME snuggle and picture together, too!

More SUPER AWESOME "MOM"ENTS…
I visited my dear Auntie Mary and took her some MUMS on Saturday…
yesterday I had a fun photo with these two lovely lady friends of mine…
Ella and Jacquie at Fuddrucker's for our weekly breakfast tradition.
Mariah and Beau helped their mommy open a gift from us …
all in honour of MOTHER'S DAY!
(*note the red jacket Ella is wearing is one that shrunk in my closet,
but it fits her beautifully… so I gifted it to her!)

Mariah had a SUPER AWESOME time working at the
doggie adoption again this past Saturday.
My sister-in-law, Bev, takes her there… and they both love it.
Her one doggie's name was BEE-BOP…
not sure of the black doggie's name, though.
Mariah has a real natural nurturing quality…
she will make a SUPER AWESOME MOM some day.

Brian and I went to the happy hour at THE BASSMENT
on Friday night. Family friend, Ray Stephanson
was playing piano… and did some old jazz favourites.
I love the big keyboard pic in the entrance…
it is SUPER AWESOME!

Brian and I tried out a new restaurant last week for lunch…
called THE CHOPPED LEAF… it is SUPER AWESOME… and healthy, too.
Brian cleaned off the deck and we are now officially ready for the
the summer to begin… the salmon meal is one he cooked up…
he is such a SUPER AWESOME cook… and HUBBY, too!

Mariah keeps SUPER busy always… and is becoming
AWESOME at all the activities she does…
We took her to her gymnastics on Thursday,
then she came back here and
danced her heart out!
Yesterday we picked her up from her silks lesson…
here she is hanging upside down…
Who knows… maybe one day she'll follow in her
MOM'S famous path as an aerialist.

Last week I was out to purchase glasses… and had a hard time…
but ended up choosing this pair… the selfie,  doesn't do them or me justice,
but once I get them… I will get a better photo to share.
I was long over due for new glasses/...
it has been nearly 6 years since my previous glasses purchase!
It will be SUPER AWESOME to be able to see more clearly, soon!

I continue to COLLECT AWESOME MOMENTS…
and wear this shirt, proudly!



Happy Monday…
Thanks for popping by to read this week's
edition of my blog full of weekly events.
I had a SUPER AWESOME week
and Mother's Day celebration, too.


I began writing this blog shortly after my mom passed away in October of 2010… and it has been a way to share the SUPER and the AWESOME MOMENTS in my life ever since. At first I began writing quite often from every day to every second day. As years have gone by I have found I like to write it on Mondays. It gives me something to collect and write about on a week to week basis. My blog has become my family journal and my way to key in on the many positives in my life along the way.



Seeing as we just had Mother's Day yesterday, my mom was definitely on my mind. She lives on in spirit in my heart always… but Mother's Day is when so many
SUPER AWESOME "MOM"ENTS pop up again.
My mom and I loved to go to the Jazz festivals in the summer time, and she loved her DQ ice cream, so in honour of her this weekend… I took in some jazz and ate some Dairy Queen ice cream, too!
She was my biggest cheerleader in my life, and I am ever grateful for all the SUPER AWESOME MOMENTS
I shared with her.


I was really pleased to connect with lots of my family for mother's day, too. I took some "MUMS" to my Mother-in-law, Blanche on Sunday… and also took some to my dear Auntie Mary at her nursing home on Saturday. While at the home I had a nice visit with my cousins… 

Bev, Gwen and Pat.
While visiting Blanche and Greg, 

my sister-in-law, Bev was there as well… 
so I was able to wish
all those moms a special day.
I am lucky to have supportive and loving relatives, 

and friends…


My brother, Brian also called to wish me a special mother's day. As well I had many wishes on facebook, and emails, too, from friends and family all over. 

Grateful to stay connected always.


Last night Jana, Nels and kids had us for a nice BBQ supper and a dip in their back yard hot tub… 

what a SUPER AWESOME way to celebrate.
Because we thought we might miss a call from Colin while out, we actually called him from Jana's so he had a little visit with everyone of us on Mother's Day. It is always great to hear his voice and it sounds like he had a good time on his recent band tour through the states, too.




We have been a part of getting Mariah to some of her activities this past week. We love to see her stride and be happy in all the things she enjoys. She is a busy little girl now in grade 2 and soon to be 8 in a couple weeks.

We enjoy Beau, too when ever we see him. He seems to have become quite into making sticker pictures when ever I come to visit. We have quite a good little grammie- grandson bond going on these days. He also loved the chocolate chip cookies I brought over for supper last night… he is a real little cookie monster! 

Age 3 is such a fun and funny age for a little boy… 
Oh I love the grandkids to bits!


This week is a one for more 

SUPER AWESOME celebrations…
My cousin Diane and her husband Doug, who live in Australia will celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
I remember when I was their flower girl… or was it a Jr. Bridesmaid for that wedding in Regina back on 

May 16th … fifty years ago.
Also on May 16th, my sister-in-law, Bev and her husband Ralph will be celebrating their 27th Wedding Anniversary, too. So here's to many more SUPER AWESOME YEARS of Wedded Bliss for both those special couples.



Tonight  I look forward to more
SUPER AWESOME MOMENTS
on my favourite night of TV… as I tune into
Dancing With the Stars, and
The Voice.

Speaking of DANCING….
I have enjoyed all the SUPER AWESOME posts and pictures of dancing floating around Facebook this past few weeks. I have so many dance friends who have spent the past while competing at various dance festivals and competitions. It sure reminds me of my many years of making those kinds of memories.
Congrats to my dance teacher friends at BSOBAD who just won the Crystal Dance Challenge last night at the Dream Team Dance competition in Sherwood Park.
That is always a very prestigious honour, and one they have achieved before, as well. YAY TEAM!



On that note… here is my rhyme of the day!

I love the moments that are super awe-some,
Like being a grandma, a wife and a mom!
Knowing that things will all soon turn out well,
Sometimes we wait, and time will just tell…
But when we live life in a super way,
It helps us make the most of each day.
Collecting awesome moments
that each day brings,
Appreciating the special in all the little things!



No comments:

Post a Comment