Monday, May 19, 2014

KiCK Off to SWEET Celebrations!

"I find it inspiring to actively choose which traditions to celebrate and also come up with new ideas for new traditions of my own. "
- Sara Sheridan

"I prefer just being with people I like. That's my way of celebrating."
-Michael Jackson

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures."
- Kahlil Gibran



I picked up Beau and Mariah from school and day care
a couple days this week…
here is Beau eating one of the SWEETER snacks…
he was kind of a sticky mess until I cleaned him up!

Tuesday I got together with my friend, Gailene….
We always love the fun times we share…
we can CELEBRATE anything, and do!
We went hog wild… and monkeyed around trying on hats
and signs for  any kind  of CELEBRATION!
We are the "DOLLARAMA- GRAMMAS!"
She likes taking photos as much as I do!!!

Wednesday we were kicking off the summer in the sunshine
when we got invited to our first outdoor happy hour at Ella's!
We also enjoyed a super yummy supper there, too…
We enjoy any reason to CELEBRATE!

On Wednesday BEAU was enjoying the KICK OFF to his SOCCER!
He loved it apparently… and how SWEET is he in his soccer gear,
here with his little soccer buddy!

Saturday morning after the gym it was sunshiny out…
so Ella invited me for coffee in her lovely yard again.
I was happy to meet her neighbour, Crista, too.
It was sweet that Ella could do this group picture with all 3 of us,
using an app on her phone!
SWEET celebrations of gym, coffee time in the sunshine, and friendship!

Ready to kick off the SUMMER with some red posies and toesies!
We picked up some flowers at Costco this week, and I went for a little
pedicure to get my feet ready for flip flops again!

Shuffle and I were loving the sunshine on the deck on Saturday afternoon.
Whats sweeter that sunshine and puppy love!
I am also celebrating that I can see clearly now, too,
 in my new glasses!

Saturday Brian and I did lots of sweet celebrations of
the warmer weather… we did a little lunch out doors at
a little restaurant just off broadway.

Enjoying more sweet celebrations…
Brian and his dad had a little outdoor visit on Greg's front deck,
and I had a nice lunch with friend Gailene…
including some SWEET potato fries!

Every sunday morning is like a SWEET CELEBRATION
 when we meet our good friends at Fuddrucker's…
yesterday Ella snapped this photo of our friends
Bob and Jacquie with us.

Yesterday we kicked off Birthday Season for the grandkids…
Mariah has her 8th Birthday on May 24th… so they
had a SWEET CELEBRATION with relatives over for
Hot dogs, snacks, cupcakes and gifts, yesterday.
Beau doesn't have a birthday till August,
so he got a couple gifts, too
so he didn't feel left out!
Mariah and Beau sitting in front of the gift pile!
Mariah received another Journey girl doll from her Great Auntie Bev,
who is in the photo here with the kids.
Bev is so good to these two always!

Mariah really appreciated the SWEET CELEBRATIONS
and each and every gift!
Jana and Nels were very good hosts to the party…
and we even got a photo with Jana, too!

Lots of family fun was had… including yummy food, lots of photo opps and lots of laughter.
It was a SWEET CELEBRATION to kick off the season to come!

Mariah and  cousin Rowen along with Beau…
all enjoying the SWEET CELEBRATIONS of the day…
from being excited about each gift, to eating the cupcakes!

CHEERS to our sweet "SOON TO BE 8 YEAR OLD"!
Mariah is always worth celebrating…
 and she is full of sweetness and lots of kicks, too…
I think many of her birthday DREAMS came true  already!


Another Monday… another blog!
It was a very busy and action packed week for me once again as I KICK off the SWEET CELEBRATIONS
of things of the season.


I was on call this past week to pick up the grandkids from school and daycare a couple of days. Brian and I always enjoy helping out when and where ever we can, so we enjoyed this time spent with the sweeties! I was grateful it was warmer weather, too especially with the travels out to Willow Grove and downtown and back during rush hour traffic. I did bring a long snacks as i usually do, but trying to KICK it up to a healthier choice… I ended up with a STICKY mess with Beau in the car!… Oh the joys of fruit and chocolate granola dip bars… 

and 3 year old boys!


Also this week… it was so fun to connect with my good friend, Gailene… and we had not only a nice lunch outing, but a trip to some of our favourite stops as well. We both love having laughs and trying on silly hats, etc…and capturing it all in photos. It was a fun way to kick off 

more sweet celebrations.


Wednesday we were invited to my sweet friend, Ella's for a little impromptu happy hour and supper in the sunshine of her lovely yard. Another great way to kick off the summer celebrations to come!



Beau was so pumped to begin his soccer adventures… when he began on Wednesday. Apparently he told Jana he wanted to play soccer every day. How sweet is he in his little soccer gear… enjoying the KICK OFF to
lots more fun to come!


As his season in soccer begins… Mariah's dance season is nearly on it's last KICK of the season. She has her recital this weekend… on her Birthday.
She will TAP into a fun day from start to finish, I'm sure!

WE unfortunately will miss her show due to a very special WEDDING we will be at for our dear friends,
ROBIN and ALEX this Saturday.
That will be another SWEET CELEBRATION,
I am pretty sure, as well.

This coming Sunday is international Tap Dance day… one that I enjoy CELEBRATING in one way or another. TAP DANCING has always been my favourite form of dance, so it is a SWEET CELEBRATION to me always!

It was very fun to connect with relatives of both sides of the family at Jana and Nels last night when we did an early SWEET CELEBRATION for Mariah.
It is hard to believe she is nearly 8 already… 

where does that time go?????
All I know is we have had many SWEET CELEBRATIONS revolving around Mariah…
and this is another fun one to add to the many!

The older she gets… the more expressive she is of her appreciation. She seemed to love her gifts, almost to the point of tears… she was so excited… 
and she did get some lovely stuff for sure.


This week the winners will be crowned on the competitive shows I tune into on TV…
 DWTS, The Voice and American Idol.
There will be some… KICKING it up a notch and some SWEET CELEBRATIONS
on all those shows this week,
 too, I'm sure!



My little quote calendar says this today…
for this fine Victoria Day Weekend CELEBRATION…
"It's CAKE O'Clock!"



So for whatever you are doing to
CELEBRATE this KICK OFF
to the summer to come…
I hope you are making SWEET memories!


On that note here is my poem of the day…



We're KICKING OFF Summer,
and the fun that it brings,
From Birthdays to BBQ's
and so many things.
Dancing to soccer… from endings to starts,
So many reasons to wear smiles on our hearts!
National Tap day… and Wedding Days, too…
So much fun, and so much to do!
Family times and outings with friends,
SWEET CELEBRATIONS
the FUN never ends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment