Monday, July 28, 2014

HaPpY DaNcE of GRATiTUDE!

"As we express our gratitude , we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
Author Unknown

"If you are happy, happiness will come to you. Because happiness wants to be where happiness is."
-Author Unknown

"It is with your feet that you move… but it is with your heart that you dance."
- Aalaynah Thompson


Saturday July 26th was International Dance Day…
so I captured this pic of me in the rain dancing in my boots,
 in the reflection of our  deck window!
The poster beside it is one that hangs in our family room…
seemed appropriate on the rainy dance day.

I was in a local store last week and because I love quotes and photos…
I snapped a pic of these little wall hangings… I liked the grateful
little messages in them both… and there were more too!…
"Be happy… Create the life you love"
"Always believe something wonderful is going to happen"

I was actually somewhat grateful for a rainy day last week to use up the brown
bananas on our counter and make some muffins!
Rainy days are really the only days in the summer when I feel like baking!!!

I was grateful for lots of time spent with the grandkids last week.
They go into their HAPPY DANCE when ever we get a chance to go
to the neighbourhood park, too!

Mariah went to the lake with a friend last week, so Beau felt left out!
 We picked him up early on Wednesday from daycare for a little
backyard fun… and the next day he told his daycare lady
how much fun he had in Grandma's pool!!!!!! hehehe

Beau and Shuffle enjoyed watching some of our trees getting trimmed down
on wednesday, too… we had some trees taking over that needed to go!
I was grateful for the good work of Alan's Tree service, too!

Thursday our friend, Vern invited us for a lovely BBQ'd Salmon dinner
at his condo. We enjoyed the friendship and meal with him and Ella,
while watching
the crazy thunder storm from his window…
I was ever so grateful that didn't turn into a tornado!

Saturday we picked up the grandkids and enjoyed some impromptu fun…
Beau loved the park until he got up high and couldn't get down!!!

Mariah loves spending time with our dog, Shuffle, every time she comes here.
She is also getting so good at tricks on the monkey bars at the park, too…
The kids loved the day in the park.

Saturday night we met friend, Vern for a Dairy Queen treat…
and Jana and Mariah showed up there, too, and joined our little
impromptu DQ party!

Yesterday was a day filled with love and family bonding… at
my in laws when relatives, Gail and Alec and his friend, Rachel
 came to visit from Vancouver.
We have shared many family fun times in their lovely yard.

Lots of moments were captured while we shared moments, stories,
and fun times… and SO MUCH LOVE  there…
always fun to see the cousins connecting!

I am forever grateful for the wonderful care this woman gives to
my grandkids… Ceylyn has been Jana's care giver  for her kids
since Mariah was two… and the kids just love her and the
 warm loving care she provides.
This week she is on holidays… so Grammie D will kick in
and be the care giver when needed this week!  

This week's  "Fine Lifestyles" magazine had this photo on page 57…
from the Sabex awards in the city.
the fellow in the middle of the photo, Kelly… is a former
student of mine and tomorrow will be teaching Mariah
in a little local dance camp…
I am going into my HAPPY DANCE of GRATiTUDE…
that the circle of DANCE continues!


Another Monday and time for a new blog post once again!
Last week I was tagged with a little gratitude challenge on  Facebook, from my good Lanigan buddy, Linda… and the most challenging part of that for me was narrowing my gratitude down to only 3 things a day for 5 days… as I am truly grateful for so many things in my life always! 



With it being International Dance Day on the weekend… 
it got me thinking of things in my life that revolve around DANCE… 
I have lots to do a HAPPY DANCE for as well!



I do love to CAPTURE my life in photos and although many times the photos are not clear… 

they do make the memories live on for me.


We did share lots of times with the grandkids last week and I was grateful for those and am always full of gratitude that they live in the city and we can see them lots while they are growing up…and they are growing up so fast…Mariah is 8, and next week Beau will be 4 already…
where did that time go????


I noticed on Facebook that a good friend from my childhood, Jay… became a grandma for her first time when her youngest daughter, Carly, gave birth to a little baby girl last week. Yesterday our good friend, Vern, became a grandpa for his 6th time to another grand daughter, too, born in Australia…. so he now has 5 grand daughters and one grandson!!!… Being grandparents is definitely a reason to go into a HAPPY DANCE of GRATITUDE for sure!


I am grateful I can spend so much time with family and friends…doing things I love most. I have sure enjoyed many impromptu gatherings and get togethers involving food, and fun… so it is so great I can work in time for a little gym as well to help balance that all out a bit! Food always tastes better in the summer it seems… and especially when eating out doors! Maybe something about the fresh air… makes our appetites kick in full force!… I do love a HAPPY HOUR in summer time on the deck here and there as well… sometimes making me go into a HAPPY DANCE, too!!!


Speaking of HAPPY DANCES… just on Saturday at the gym, the instructor invited me up on stage during my Body Vive class at the gym to guide the class through the old 70's classic, THE HUSTLE… which Brian and I had played at our wedding back in 1976… in honour of International Dance Day, she thought it might be fun for me… 

Theresa once was a dance student of mine… and now she is my gym instructor… and the circle of DANCE continues!

I want to mention just how grateful I am for daily good health… I really do not like to take things like that for granted… but I am sure glad we have had such good health around here this summer.


Today we hope to get together with friends and or family once again and just celebrate the good weather we are having here… tomorrow my babysitting will start for the week… and Mariah will begin her dance camp… I think I am more excited than her for that, but I know she will love it!


My dog keeps bringing shoes from our front closet to me… I think she is trying to give me the hint she is ready for her daily walk!!!!! I am grateful for Shuffle and our daily walks, too!!! hehehe

I talked to my brother, Brian who recently moved out of town and he sounds so happy in his new place… one day soon I will have to go check his new pad out… he loves it… always nice to hear him in a happy mood!



Tomorrow my cousin, Bev and her hubby, Bob 

will celebrate  their 14th wedding anniversary…
and so I wish them a good one and many more!
 I am looking forward to a sister-in-law birthday outing tomorrow night as well in honour of my sister-in-law, Bev, who celebrated her birthday on the 24th…. always something to celebrate… and I'm grateful for CELEBRATIONS always!




On that note… I hope everyone has a day that fills them with gratitude and causes them some kind of Happy dance  …
life is short we might as well DANCE and be GRATEFUL!


I say this a lot, life's about attitude,
I like to focus on life with gratitude.
Whether it's with family… or with friends,
Being grateful just all depends…
On all the little special things…
That this life just always brings!
Spending time with the ones we love,
Under the skies from up above,
Enjoying all the food we eat…
Dancing with our heart and feet,
Life has lots to be grateful for,
So many things to love and adore.
Once again it's all in our mood,
It's all about our attitude,
Making the most of our very best…
Dancing through life with love and zest!

No comments:

Post a Comment