Wednesday, July 23, 2014

LiFE in my own BACKYARD!

"I don't have to take a trip around the world or be in a yacht in the Mediterranean to have happiness. I can find it in the little things, like looking into my backyard."
-Queen Latifah

"To lead a life in which we are inspired and can inspire others, our hearts have to be alive; they have to be filled with passion and enthusiasm."
-Senora Roy

"Make TODAY so beautiful that your YESTERDAY is something you will smile about TOMORROW."
-Author Unknown


Whether it's a happy hour... a coffee break, a meal or a snack…
it all tastes better in my own backyard!

We love to sit and relax on the deck and just enjoy the life
in our own backyard!

A week ago we had a couple sleepovers with the grandkids!
Beau was cute in his snowman jammies… out on the deck with
Shuffle!!! We had some fun indoors, too… I love how Mariah
is smiling with the flowers in our kitchen! 

The kids not only enjoyed the swings in our backyard, but
they had fun at the park, too… they are definitely full of LIFE always!

The kids always love a snack in the car… here is Mariah with a popsicle,
and Beau eating a freezie!

From one icy snack to another!!!
The kids love to go for ice-cream at Marble Slab… they definitely
FIND their HAPPINESS WITHIN there!!!
Beau had marshmallows and gummy bears on top and Mariah added
sprinkles to her ice cream!

Mariah suggested a little "BROWSE" at the Giggle Factory toy store…
and Beau knew his grandpa would have money!
Grandpa spoiled the kids and bought each a little play mobile set and then
helped them assemble them after, too!
That Grandpa… sure knows how to spoil his grandkids!!!

When we were not in the backyard… we were having fun inside…
snacking while watching TV favourites… or playing or making
rainbow loom bracelets!

Last week our friend, Vern joined us for a yummy steak BBQ supper
in our backyard!… Brian and him enjoyed their meal and their visit together.

Last Thursday i enjoyed a nice visit and get together with cousins,
Gwen and Bev… and sister-in-law, Arleen.
We enjoyed some lemonade and fruit out in the sunshine on our deck.

Saturday we invited our next door neighbours, Cheryl and Floyd over
for a BBQ supper on our deck…

 Sunday morning we went for our traditional
Fuddrucker's breakfast, with friends…
Bob & Jacquie… Ella and Robin.
We never know who might stop by to join the fun…
Friend, Ross, also stopped by on Sunday, too!

Monday morning I got a call at 8 AM
wondering if Mariah could come to Tap with her Grandma!
We shared a fun session in our basement then went out to the back yard
for some sunshine and snacks!
I love that we share the common interest of dancing… it is pretty
special to share that kind of bond.

Mariah and I took shuffle for a little walk in the park…
and even needed a little stretch
along the way!
Mariah is a real dog lover… and is so good with our dog, Shuffle.

Yesterday afternoon we shared a little impromptu
happy hour on our deck with friends, Vern and Ella.
Brian cooked up the delicious pie from the strawberry ranch…
it was yummy but very runny… it was a combo of
strawberry and rhubarb… pretty darn tasty…
and especially from our backyard deck!


Another week of fun activities have gone by since my last blog post and as you can see from above… I have taken many more photos too since my last blog.
I feel like life is never dull around here…and truly we often spend most of our time in our own backyard.

We were fortunate to have a couple of sleepovers with the grandkids last week. We do tend to spoil them when they are here, so no wonder they enjoy coming!!! hehehe
I feel so very lucky they live in the city and we can bond with them often. In a week or so they will go see their other grandparents in Edmonton…and I know they are all looking forward to that as well.


We pretty much do many of the things we do on an impromptu basis… which is the most fun. Not lots of planning ahead, just take things as they happen and unfold.


Summer in Saskatchewan is so short, so we really need to enjoy it as it happens. We took some time to reorganize our little shed out in the yard…and found many things in it we don't get around to using much. One of those is the little pool we put up for the kids a couple summers ago. It seems the time goes so fast and before we know it the fall sets in again… so not sure we will get the pool assembled this summer, I know we didn't last summer, either!
I was happy to get the shed cleaned out though.


In between all the times we have spent with family and friends on the deck in our backyard… (mostly eating and or drinking beverages of many kinds!!!)… I am so grateful that I can get to the gym for occasional workouts here and there. I think GOODLIFE gym has such awesome classes and instructors, too and I am extra lucky because I attend with my good buddy, Ella… so it makes the classes even more fun to attend. I do need the balance of the exercise to offset all my consumption this summer… but summer food is always yummier it seems!


Next week Mariah is going to a little local dance camp for a couple of days…and I think I am the most excited for it. Maybe because Mariah will attend with a daughter of a former dance student of mine…and two of the teachers at the camp are dancers I once taught, too! I think it will be so much fun for Mariah and she does love to dance!

She is lucky little girl… she is currently at the lake with a friend… and will soon go visit her other grandparents… then go to the lake with her parents, followed by another week of camp with another little girlfriend!… Ah Summer time life!

Today Beau wanted to spend some more time with us, so we will get him early from his daycare…and he will come and hang out in our backyard for some more fun adventures here! He is really into a few kiddie shows on TV now… he loves "Peppa Pig", "Bubble Guppies" and "Max and Ruby"… Mariah watched lots of "iCarly" last week on TV, too… along with creating many rainbow loom bracelets!

I know I missed mentioning Mariah and Beau's other Grandpa's birthday… he celebrated last week…
Happy Belated GRANDPA ARVID!

Yesterday, my nephew Jeff's wife, Savannah celebrated a birthday… Tomorrow my sister-in-law, BEV will celebrate a birthday… and next week my cousin Bev and her husband Bob will celebrate an anniversary on the 29th… so wishing them a happy one in advance.
There is always something to celebrate…I just love to celebrate LIFE in general… always!

Last night I was happy to hear from my son in Montreal…
couldn't believe the parcel we shipped on Monday to him and Caro arrived already on tuesday… but glad it got there safe and sound. They are sounding good there… it was our first phone visit since our trip to Montreal at the beginning of the month.


Well on that note… here is my rhyme of the day…

Life is what you make it… I know that this is true…
It all depends on how time's spent,
and what you choose to do.
Life is simply better with a happy attitude,
And it is also better when it's lived with gratitude.
It surely is much better when the sun is shining bright,
Life really feels much warmer and also feels just right.
I truly love my own backyard as much as anywhere,
I love the life that I can live by hanging out… out there!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment