Thursday, September 18, 2014

Friends & Partners!

"I think if I've learned anything  about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or too tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff."
-Jon Katz

"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides it's evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a dessert island. To find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing."
-Baltasar Gracian

"Surround yourself with people who know your worth. You don't need too many people to be happy, just a few real ones who appreciate you for exactly who you are."
-Author Unknown


This top photo was a little SUNSHINE SELFIE of my hubby…
who is not only my PARTNER but my best FRIEND…
 taken on Tuesday this week, which is when Barbara Streisand's new
 "PARTNERS" CD came out.
We enjoyed it out on the deck together… and what a line
up of PARTNERS Barbara collaborated with on this CD,
so good!

The top photo here is an all time favourite of mine…
it is on September 13th, 2008, of my Grand daughter Mariah,
holding our puppy
Shuffle who we had got just that day.
The bottom two photos here are of Mariah 6 years later to the day
working at a dog adoption…
she is such a little nurturer, and a doggie's good friend…
She LOVES dogs!

Here is Shuffle 6 years later…
 she has been such a good partner and family friend for us too…
Rain or shine!
How cute is her little rain coat that she got just on Sunday
from my sister-in-law, Bev?

Here are a few pics of us dining out on Broadway last week.
Above I dined out with my good dancing Buddy, Brenda,
at NOSH… we are not only good friends,
but have been dancing pals for years, and almost became partners
 but instead I worked for her after I closed my dance studio back in 2002.

… and below we had breakfast one day last week at
Broadway Cafe…and our good Friend, Nichole
waited on us… she always treats us special!

Brenda and I both had the pleasure of teaching this fellow in this book.
Jesse's mom wrote this wonderful book, and I felt honoured they included
the two pics of Jesse in some numbers I taught him back in his dance journey.
Jesse now dances professionally in Germany.
I missed the book signing, but got a signed copy of the book at
McNalley last week…and I read it cover to cover and loved it.

(Even though I am not a big reader… I could not put this book down!)

Brian's good friend, Vern and my good friend, Ella …
 have shared lots of good meals with us…
always more fun to do things in PARTNERS!
Vern served up a delicious meal to us all last week.

A former neighbour and good friend of ours, Judy, had sent this wonderful
basket of Chocolate covered fruit.
There had been a mix up,
it was to have come the week of my father-in-law's funeral.
Judy popped by as well last week for a nice visit.

Sunday morning breakfasts are always fun at Fuddrucker's with who ever
shows up to join us… here is some of our group last week…
 Jacquie was even in for a little lesson on texting!!!
Friends, family and breakfasts together…
we look forward to this weekly outing.

Following our breakfast outing last Sunday…
I worked with Mariah on her tap dancing practice,
 while Brian took Beau
to Al Anderson's sports for his first pair of skates…
 he also got this helmet,and some
hockey sticks, and other fun accessories!
As Grandparents… it is fun to have history repeating with our grandkids.
Jana once was a dancer… now Mariah is in training.
Colin was once a hockey player… and now Beau will start by taking
Can Skate… then onto hockey, too.

I wish these pictures were not so blurry… but the memory is clear!

Good snacks are always a must when the grandkids pop by!
Anything from FREEZIES to COOKIES… and many things between.

Yesterday I picked up Mariah from school and she came for a little time with us.
She shopped and bought and wrapped a present for her daddy's birthday,
which happens to be today.
she also had another little tap practice session, as well as watching
some TV and just relaxing!
She is growing up so fast and blossoming into such a thoughtful little girl.

Today I had a nice lunch outing with these friends…
Jacquie, Ella and Diane… we went to Manos…
where they "SAVED US A SPOT"… just like their napkin read!

In the summer time, my good friend, Linda from Lanigan went to New York…
and brought me back this phone case of the NY skyline… which I love.
I recently found this bottom case with polka dots and in my favourite colour scheme.
So now my phone is "CASED!"
I figure one can change the case up from time to time… it is like an accessory!
The bottom case just happened to match what I had on today!!!




I am a little slower getting my weekly blog out this week…
seems I've been busy here and there, in addition to taking time to just relax and enjoy life day by day.



I was not sure what theme to go for as I do like to have a theme for my blog. With the much anticipated 

Barbara Streisand, CD due out this week, entitled
"PARTNERS"… it seemed like a good title so I worked around that, too! 

Her CD is a fabulous collaboration 
of songs with other iconic singers such as…
Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, Babyface, Jason Gould, Josh Groban, Billy Joel, John Legend, John Mayer, Elvis Presley, Lionel Richie, Blake Shelton and Stevie Wonder.
Not only am I a long time fan of Barbara's… but many of the artists on this CD with her are ones I love as well… 

so the CD was like a win win for me!


This last month has been a tough one in our lives for many reasons… it was one month today that we lost my dear father-in-law, Greg. We were not really prepared for that day, but in the end, there is just no easy way to lose a loved one. Thankfully for us… we have so many supportive friends and family alike to help us through times like this one in our lives. This left us with other things to deal with, 

such as getting my mother-in-law looked after.
Luckily we have now secured a place for her in an assisted living condo, but the move is yet a month or more away.


This past month has had many other changes for us, but I constantly say how fortunate we are to have the wonderful people in our lives that we have to help us through them.
Everyone's life is a journey… and each journey is different. Thank goodness for friends, family and partners!


Speaking of PARTNERS… I have enjoyed the kick off to this season's DWTS… which is a dance show involving PARTNERS. I also was thrilled for the winner on last night's America's Got Talent… Mat Franco, the talented Magician was awesome. I found this year's AGT show the best one yet, with so much good talent on it… so the win could have gone to many in that show, I thought!
I always wish they could divide up the wins on those talent shows and share them with more than one winner…. spread the prize money around!



My son -in-law, Nels, is not only a great partner, for my daughter, Jana… but a wonderful daddy to their two adorable kids, Mariah and Beau. We are grateful for him always…and today just happens to be his 33rd birthday.
It was so cute yesterday when Mariah wanted to get her daddy a gift. She hand picked it out herself… she chose ketchup chips, fizzy candies, and a fitness magazine…
(cuz her daddy reads those in the washroom!)
She also chose such a cute card and wrapped the gift herself, too… I know it will be a gift her daddy will remember for a long time… because, truly it's the thought that counts in the end, right?!
Happy Birthday Nels!



Today while I was out for lunch with my friends, my daughter went for lunch with her daddy, too… Something special about Dads and their daughters!!!


Next week is my nephew Brad's 39th birthday on the 23rd. I still remember that day like it was yesterday… it was the day I became an Aunt for the very first time…and what a special nephew he has been ever since!


Regardless of the journeys we are on… it is our friends, family, and partners in life… 

that make the journey rewarding.
So to each and everyone of the friends and partners 

I have out there… thanks for being there for me.

On that note…
my rhyme of the day!

I need a good partner to share my good life,
So I'm happy to have Brian, and to be his good wife!
I have many friends and family who share,
So many are like partners in life, who just care.
Where ever I go, Whatever I do…
It's good to know, that there are quite a few
Really good people watching out for me,
Just like life partners, to guide me carefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment