Monday, September 29, 2014

CELEBRATE the little things!

"I think it's important to find little things in everyday life 
that make you happy."
-Paula Cole

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, 
the more in life there is to celebrate."
-Oprah Winfrey

"True greatness consists in being great in little things."
-Charles Simmons


Although these photos are all a bit blurry…
these photos are something of a CELEBRATION for me… as I
dance in my basement with my daughter and granddaughter!

It is more than a little thing that DANCING
 has become a part of the 3 generations and
 it is something we can do to bond together!!!

Last week I had a sweet outing with my hubby…
we ventured away from our normal and went to
City Perks for a little afternoon treat…and it was so beautiful
out on the deck as we had our carrot cake, and green tea and orange juice!
(I am wearing my "CELEBRATE the little things shirt, too!)

We shared some times with special people last week…
We were invited to see my Nephew, Jeff and his wife, Savannah.
Soon they are expecting… so will be celebrating many little things!

I joined friends, Cathy and Kellie for a coffee at Moka…
always fun to connect with friends when we get that chance!

Later this week, friends Heather and Ella popped by for some coffee
on our  deck, while Brian enjoyed a BBQ ed steak, and beer!

There were so many good DECK DAYS last week…
so we were CELEBRATING when ever we could out in the sunshine.

Mariah ran in the annual Terry Fox run last week…
she had such rosy cheeks after that, too, and yesterday she wanted to spend the day here,
so she helped me clean… she is a good little worker!
When I picked up Mariah I took some cheese sticks for Beau… one of his
new favourite snacks… and yesterday… Beau was enjoying Shuffle when
he and his family came for supper!

I CELEBRATE anything and time I can spend with those grandkids…
I love them to pieces.

Saturday, Brian and I went to the Farmer's Market… which is a fun thing
to do for us. It was Kiwanis APPLE DAY, too.
I remember when my dad used to do that years ago…
WE bought lots of good veggies…
and a loaf of sweet potato and cranberry bread.

I have been celebrating a healthy breakfast this past week, too,
Drinking hot lemon water… having scrambled eggs with vinegar
and chia seeds… and sliced garden tomatoes!

When ever we are downtown we pop into Jana's store …
on Saturday both store owners were in.
We are so proud of Jana and Melissa on the 5 years of
success of their SWANK SHOE LOUNGE store…
so worth CELEBRATING,
and I loved that we got a chance to
have some little photos there, too…
another little thing worth celebrating!

Brian and I ventured out once again on Saturday
to another different coffee shop… GOOD EARTH!
I had a tasty latte and cinnamon bun there.
I've enjoyed all outings with Brian this past week.

We have done lots of sorting of little things over at
my mother-in-law's house this past bit.
Yesterday I captured my sister-in-law, Bev and Beau…
Mariah with my mother-in-law…
and the kids outside in the front yard playing together.
Truly there are many little things to to celebrate whenever
we are at their house!



Today as I sit down to write my 396th blog post since I began this blog writing venture… I am taking time to CELEBRATE the little things!


My blog is just one of the many "little things" in life I enjoy. I began writing on December 31st, 2010… it was a little thing I had always wanted to do. When I began I wrote more often, but it was to be a record of the positive things in my life. 

It quickly became like my own little personal gratitude journal. I still love that I can look back on any previous blog posts, and it helps me remember all the little things I have celebrated since this blog began.

I am one who loves a reason to CELEBRATE… and believe me, although there are many negatives in a persons life… there is always something good in every day… sometimes the little things are the big things in the end!



Last Tuesday, I picked up Mariah from school and took her to her dancing lessons. I allowed a bit of extra time, so on route to get her, I stopped at a  store called Dutch Growers, on the way and found a t-shirt with the caption…
"CELEBRATE the little things"
on it… so I figured I couldn't afford to be without that!
In fact it is what gave me the
inspiration for today's blog theme.


I have been working a bit with Mariah to help her practice her tap dancing lately, too. It is a little thing that brings me so much to celebrate. I am pretty sure our practice sessions mean more to me than to her but in time, I am hoping she will be happy we did this together. Yesterday after having her family for supper, I took her parents down in our messy basement to show them how good Mariah was doing. It wasn't long before Jana and I were dancing with Mariah and Nels was able to snap a few pics of that moment in time!
Our basement is pretty dark… so the pictures do not show up well… but the memory will live on for a long time…
 for me, anyway…A precious TIME (STEP) to remember!


Brian and I have had lots of times shared both on our own deck and out and about this past week… in the warm, sunny weather as well as the cooler weather on the weekend, too.
 On September 27th, 1973, I met him on a blind date… 

so we celebrated that day on Saturday.
I am forever grateful that we met and have been able to spend our life together…. through thick and thin…
through good times and bad times and
everything in between.
We have shared and celebrated many little and big things through our life from that very first date…
41 years ago!


I am grateful for so many things in life… 

and one of those is FRIENDSHIP… and I am so lucky to have so many people in my life I consider to be friends.
Each week I see some of them along the way… while I am out and about. Each one of my friends are so worth celebrating. Even when I do not see them for a while, 

it is always so good to connect along the way.
Just today I heard from a friend I haven't seen in a long time, and we are going for lunch on Friday… I am so pumped to connect with my friend, Claudette!


We had Jana, Nels, Mariah and Beau for supper yesterday. We haven't had them for a supper in a while, so it was nice to share time together. We also saw them at Fuddruckers in the morning for breakfast, too. We enjoy that little sunday morning tradition. Our good friends, Bob and Jacquie also joined us there, as well.


Mariah was here both yesterday and saturday to practice her tap with me. I see some improvement, but mostly, it has been a fun bond for us. She also still likes to craft with me, … so many little things I can celebrate with my grandkids!


Beau is a little boy after my heart as well. He always asks for the little chocolates up in my cupboard… (chocolate chips!)
He also loves to play with the smurf collection we still have from when Colin and Jana were growing up.
Last night Beau "borrowed" one more smurf
to take home for a little while!
AHHHH… the little things!


I still love the gym when I get there…and last week I made it to 2 body vive classes, only… but it is still worth celebrating!


Brian and I joined Jana and Nels one day for lunch last week, too. So I guess we saw more of them last week than we sometimes get the chance too…so for that I am happy.
We also talked to Colin on the phone on Friday. We are  looking forward to our upcoming trip to see him in Montreal,
when we will CELEBRATE Brian's birthday!

Just knowing my kids are happy and healthy is another
 little thing I celebrate always.




Today is "National Coffee Day"… so I might have to get a STARBUCKS!!!… Another
"Little thing I like to CELEBRATE"!


This Saturday is my sister-in-law, Arleen's birthday,
so I will wish her a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
in advance.


I still enjoy lots of Tv shows, and will look forward to tonight's version of Dancing With The Stars when they do a dancing tribute to the movies. My favourite dancer on the show, Derek Hough, and his partner are going to do their number to the classic, "Singin' inThe Rain", made famous by the late great GENE KELLY… It will be exciting.
That is another little thing to Celebrate, for sure!


On that note…
here is my rhyme of the day.


Celebrate the little things…
The special stuff that life just brings!
From spending time with ones you love,
To thinking of those, up above.
Drinking coffee… doing a dance …
Having fun while you get the chance
Life is filled with lots and lots,
Celebrate with words and thoughts.
Most of all enjoy each day,
Look for special along the way…
Sparkles, twinkles… and little blings,
CELEBRATE the little things!


No comments:

Post a Comment