Tuesday, September 9, 2014

GRAND ADVENTURES!

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life,
something to do, something to love, 
and something to hope for."
-Joseph Addison

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing."
-Helen Keller

"There is no certainty; there is only adventure."
-Roberto Assagioli


Last Tuesday was a GRAND ADVENTURE for Mariah…
not only was she beginning GRADE 3 , a whole new grade,
but a brand new school, too. Her school is not yet open, so all the kids
soon to go to Willow Grove… began at Forest Grove.
We picked her up and took her for pizza and back to our place after
grade 3 registration. Mariah and I took shuffle for a walk to the park, too!

Brian's high school buddy, Steve, who now lives in Tuscon,
came for a five day visit here. The two of them went down memory lane,
and revisited many GRAND ADVENTURES from their high school days,
as well as making some new GRAND ADVENTURES to add to those!
Steve even got Brian out for a dog walk, with our little Shuffle!

Another GRAND ADVENTURE we enjoyed with Steve was a night
at the Horse Races and while there we met up with friend,
Nichole who showed
us how to bet on the horses!
Not only was this a new adventure for me, I even made some money!

We showed Steve our Farmer's Market… I love the sign the guys are
under… "Name Your Nuts!"
There was some grand music playing on the day we were there
as well… perfect weather, too.

We took a few selfless on our grand adventures…
we did a tour of the Bessbourough, followed by a stroll
down Broadway where there was a street fair going on…
and we happened to catch a dance flash mob, too!

We took a break from our grand adventures to have a delicious lunch
at a resatuarant named Nosh.
Steve had fun joking with the cute waitress we had there!
We also wandered through some Broadway stores, too, one with lots of signs.

Sunday was GRANDPARENT day… and Beau joined us at Fuddruckers with
his daddy for breakfast, while his mommy and sister were at a shoe show
in Edmonton and visiting their other grand parents!
We had a big group of friends join in the breakfast fun with us as well.

We also stopped by to check in on my mother-in-law, Blanche,
and Brian's sister, Bev was there too…. so we enjoyed a nice visit there.

We have made many adventures out of going to the Strawberry Ranch
this summer, including cooking up several of their yummy
strawberry rhubarb pies as well…
These photos were taken on sunday… hard to believe
we are in the same season now!

We went from enjoying a delicious barbecue supper on our deck sunday night…
to a very drastic cooler change of weather yesterday… when
I joined my cousins, Bev, Gwen and Pat for coffee and lunch at Gwen's place,
and later…
our friend Vern joined us for supper, and our friend,
Robin stopped by last night as well.

While at Gwen's yesterday, she shared some little treasures…
including this cute photo of my parents on a Grand Adventure
they took years ago.
Gwen also had some stuff of my dad's, including this cute poem he wrote.
I think I got my love of writing poetry from him!!!
Although my parents have been gone for a long time, it is fun to recall
many things that remind me of them and to keep them alive in my heart,
as I continue the GRAND ADVENTURES in my life!


We have had a busy week of GRAND ADVENTURES, and reminders of adventures gone by!

Brian's good high school buddy, Steve stayed with us from last Wednesday until Sunday and the guys re hashed the good old days from before Steve's family moved to Tuscon.
Not only did these guys take a fun trip down memory lane… they made lots of new adventures to add to their memory banks while Steve was here. We crammed many fun times in while he was here. I know not only Brian and I enjoyed his company, but Shuffle took a real liking to him as well, and was happy to go on a few dog walking adventures while Steve stayed here.

Mariah began grade 3 last week, and due to the fact her school is not quite ready to open up in Willow Grove, her class mates will go to Forest Grove temporarily until her new school is ready. Her school teacher's picture was even in the paper on the weekend!

We have made it tradition to take Mariah for lunch on her school registration day the last few years. Each year she chooses to go to Boston Pizza. Up until this year she has always ordered her favourite, "Bugs N Cheese" off the menu, but this year she chose a mini cheese pizza instead. She must be growing up!!! hehehe We enjoyed looking after her that day as well, and she and I took Shuffle for some fun in our park nearby.

Dance seasons are all beginning once again. I did spend some time refreshing the studio bulletin boards last week, in prep for the new season to begin at BSOBAD. Later today I will drive my niece Rowen to her lessons, there, as well. Her lessons begin so early that her mom will still be at work. I know I can help drive her there from time to time! I will enjoy popping in and saying hi there today as well. I have fond memories of my "TAPPIN TUESDAYS"
from when I taught there years ago.



Brian and Steve went for a few meals out and we also enjoyed some of Brian's good home cooking, too. He also cooked up a great meal last night. I am so grateful for Brian's cooking skills. However, all that being said… because he is such a GRAND cook… I am becoming quite a GRAND size, due to all the yummy eats we have had lately.
There is definitely comfort in food!!!



Thank goodness for the gym… I need to take a few more GRAND ADVENTURES to the gym now…
I managed to get to body flow and body vive the last few days, with my good gym buddy, Ella. We normally go for coffee after… but life has been hectic lately, so we are behind on our coffees! We did enjoy brief visits before and after our classes, though. 

Soon I hope to get to as many classes 
as Ella has been doing…
she is a good role model for me, 

along with the excellent teachers at the gym!


I am remembering this time of year when we got our dog, 6 Septembers ago. We have had many
GRAND ADVENTURES
with our darling "Bug"-doggie, Shuffle!

Next month we plan to go on another GRAND ADVENTURE to Montreal with our good friends, Lynne and Mike. We have already booked hockey tickets for Brian, Mike and our son, Colin to go watch Montreal ply against New York at the famous Bell Centre. Lynne and I will enjoy our 

GRAND SHOPPING ADVENTURES 
while the guys enjoy the game!



I enjoyed my little adventure to my cousin's yesterday… we started off with coffee and ended up turning it into a lunch party… we always have lots to catch up on in our busy lives, so fun to get together. We later had friends, Vern and Robin stop by to visit and dine with us, too… always something going on in our lives!!!





Our lives continue to be an adventure on a daily basis, so we just take it as it comes… one day at a time!



On that note… here is my poem of the day!

Life is a journey and an adventure, too,
It's all what you make it, and just what you do,
We pack in adventures… or just stay still,
It's always a stride… whether up or down hill!
Whatever we do… where ever we go,
It's way more fun to just go with the flow!
So we journey along… and enjoy the ride,
Take in every moment with passion and pride!


No comments:

Post a Comment