Monday, October 13, 2014

A Lot Of GRATiTUDE!

"Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy ."
-Jaques Maritain

"When you focus more on the goodness in your life,
you create more of it."
-Oprah Winfrey

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value in your life."
-Christiane Northrup

Last Wednesday I was feeling grateful for a little road trip
out to Harris to see the church my brother bought last spring.
Here are my two brothers, Bob and Brian in front of it.
and also the nice deck in back.

Brian was showing Bob some of the inside renos he has done since
moving in in July.
A couple little neighbourhood cats have taken a liking to Brian,
and he is actually putting out cat food for them now!
The 2 little cats are Wizard, and the one shown here is named
Sandwich!

Here is a little selfie of me "sandwiched" between my two older brothers!
I was feeling lots of gratitude for them this wendesday…
I do not get many chances to just hang out with only the 2 of them…
they are two GREAT GUYS!
I am the lucky little sister!

Thursday I was invited to join these lovely ladies at Mano's
for a luncheon fashion show.
Above … Diane, Brenda, Ella
Below… Me, Jacquie, Sylvia

on our way out from the lunch we were grateful to share…
Brenda , Ella and I realized our outfits co-ordinated, so we decided to take a
couple more little selfless!!!!
hehehe… our outfits didn't even show up in the pics… but I
am still Grateful we snapped these… these are such dear friends!

Earlier this week… I continued to help Mariah practice her TAP…
I also picked her up from school and got her to her dancing lessons, as well.
I am so grateful she loves to dance…and the family tradition can continue!

Beau had his very first ever skating lesson on thursday… and he wasn't
the only PROUD one… his mommy, daddy, and grandma and grandpa
were all there to share the pride!
I am also grateful this family tradition will continue as well…
Hockey and skating has been in our family for at least  the last 2 generations.

Brian and I went to the local jazz music place called
"THE BASSMENT" on Friday night.
Our drive was slow going … there was a lot of traffic out, so I snapped
a pic along the way out the window of our beautiful fall scenery  on our way.
Brian's Brother, Bruce's friend, RAY was the artist playing piano that evening,
and we were grateful for a little visit with him and his girlfriend, Allison
on his break… the music was awesome, too!

Saturday morning we had a little surprise visit from Jana's store partner, Melissa,
on her way to work… she made some goodies and packaged them up
and dropped them off for us to enjoy for Thanksgiving.
We are always grateful for all the love she shares with us…
such a thoughtful gal.

Yesterday we shared a little pre-thanksgiving meal
with my brother, Brian… and later with my mother-in-law, too.
We made ham and scalloped potatoes and veggies, with pumpkin pie for
dessert. We ate early, and then I delivered some to Blanche after.
So grateful they all are doing well, and enjoyed the yummy meal, too.

This photo was taken last Thanksgiving when we were invited to our friends,
BOB & JACQUIEs place to share a delicious meal with them.
Later today we are invited to share another Thanksgiving meal with this lovely couple.
They are such gracious hosts… and have shared their Thanksgiving
with us for the past few years… it is becoming a new tradition!
For that I am ever so GRATEFUL!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my Canadian friends and family celebrating today…
I know I have so much to be grateful for… and have a lot of gratitude to share!



Another week has gone by since my previous blog post… and it was one that had many events in it once again. I feel my life is filled with so much and for that I am ever grateful.


Tuesdays I often have to get Mariah from school and get her to her dancing lessons… we have a chance to get in a short little run through of some of her tap steps before she goes. I am so grateful that she enjoys her dancing, and also that I am able to help her practice a bit, too. I am pleased to see the dance tradition continue through to her generation, as well… Tappiness does bring happiness!


Wednesday, I went with my brother Bob on a little road trip out to visit my brother Brian who bought a church to live in and moved in during the summer. Bob and I were so grateful to see how happy Brian was in his new surroundings. He has not only done lots of work to the church itself, but he has met many new friends and pets out there as well.
I have a whole lot of gratitude for my two big brothers… and it is not often I get to bond with just the two of them, so this day meant a lot to me. They are both such great guys, and the day was such anise fall day, too… lots more to be grateful for.


Thursday I chose to go to Zumba at the gym… after doing Body vive on Tuesday… it was a nice little change. I am just always so GRATEFUL for Goodlife Gym… Friday I did Body Flow and Saturday back to Body Vive…
I am ever grateful for the awesome instructors there…
Thanks this week to Trent, Nicole, Peg, and Theresa for the awesome classes… you make my life awhile lot better!


Thursday, I was invited to join some lovely ladies out for lunch at Manos where there was a luncheon fashion show going on while we ate and visited. Such a nice outing. I am always grateful for all the many friends I have and for the little diversions they bring to my life along the way.


Also Thursday… we watched Beau on his very first ever time on ice with his new skates and helmet. Although he has a very long way to go to become a good skater… he has to begin somewhere … right???
He was just so proud out there on the ice, and we shared his pride and enthusiasm as well. I am grateful he will continue on with the hockey traditions that have been in our family for years. He will be a cute little hockey player, too!


We have been checking in with my mother-in-law, Blanche lots lately, too. I do not get many photos, but we go and visit a lot. She is doing pretty good on her own and is soon to move into her new assisted living complex in less than a month. I am grateful that my two sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda have been such a huge help to Blanche, too, since Greg's passing in August. They are such a nice family, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I enjoyed a little one on one with Blanche last night, when I delivered a little ham supper to her, after my brother Brian went back home. I took it on my own, so I enjoyed my chance to have a little visit with her by myself.


Friday, Brian and I decided to take in a little "Happy Hour" at the BASSMENT here in the city. We were delighted to be entertained by one of Bruce's good friends,
Ray Stephanson, on the piano…
and even got a nice visit in with him
and his girlfriend on the break, too.
Ray even played a special song he played at
Bruce's life celebration just over a year ago,
"When Sunny Gets Blue"…
which brought back a very special memory for me.

Jana, Nels, and the kids have gone to Edmonton for the Thanksgiving weekend and are sharing lots of fun with Nels's whole family there. I know the grandkids love any chances they can get to be with their other grandparents and their other aunts, uncles, and cousins, Lars and Linnea, too.
Mariah even packed extra panties cuz she said her and her cousin do lots of giggling when they are together, so sometimes they need a wee change... so funny!
Judging by the photos I have seen on Facebook this weekend, Grandma Nancy has had the kids busy crafting and doing lots of fun family bonding!
Yesterday we cooked up a ham and scalloped potatoes and    had my brother Brian over for supper here. I have felt grateful to have seen him a bit more this past week. 
We were always very close as siblings growing up. 

        Today we are invited to our dear friends, Bob and Jaquie's place for a lovely Turkey Thanksgiving dinner. They are so great about including us year after year… and for that I am very grateful… Jacquie is not only a wonderful friend and good cook… she loves to decorate and entertain… so I am sure I will have some new photos to share in my next blog of our evening out. 


This morning I was feeling lots of GRATITUDE when I received a lovely text from Jana in Edmonton sharing her gratitude with us for all we do for her in her life… what a sweet daughter. Only a little over a week till Brian and I will get a chance to see Colin in Montreal too. We are always GRATEFUL for our kids… they are very special to us.

Yesterday my Auntie Betty had a birthday… coming up this week… on the 17th… would have been Blanche and Greg's 64th Anniversary… on the 18th, my niece, Emily , has a birthday… and next week on the 21st, my mother in law, Blanche will turn 89. So many  celebrations… and reasons to be grateful… Well wishes to everyone…

On that note… here is my poem of the day…

I often feel like I've been blessed…
My life is really simply the best!
When I keep a positive attitude,
And fill my life with gratitude.
I have lots to be grateful for…
Family, friends and so much more.
My heart is filled with so much love,
For those still here, and those up above!

No comments:

Post a Comment